When will you all acknowledge Childish Gambino is a musical genius?

When will you all acknowledge Childish Gambino is a musical genius?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OgQ3Hpj-CBU
youtube.com/watch?v=LIwvxoheLrY
youtu.be/a1TI2ZLDLBc?t=1m25s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

woops

youtu.be/OgQ3Hpj-CBU

"Black and white music, nigga that's a mixtape"
"Why you lion? Why you mufasa?"
Clearly bait but this guy is the epitome of meme rap and corny fuck boy rapper

I actually do admit hes a genius but not exactly in music. His new show is where his genius is at

Isn't this guy an actor?

>finishes Pharos
>doesn't release it and just makes a tv show instead

Like the video said, I think Gambino is a genius not in the sense that he is one of the best rappers out there, but that he is consistently good at everything he chooses to do.

He's a modern day renaissance man.

Being a Renaissance man implies you are more than mediocre

Haha

youtube.com/watch?v=LIwvxoheLrY

Not gonna lie this really surprised me. He was great here. Didn't think he had this kind of talent in him.

He needs to stop rapping entirely and become an R&B/soul/funk artist.

His singing voice is really fucking great but I can't stand his rapping.

I've been meaning to check that out

The audience clapping really ruins it.

Pharos was amazing, especially on shrooms. I can vouch for this man being a genius IF all of that production was him, with no collaborations other than the band and the technicians. This new music seems intuitive coming straight from his soul.

yep this. can't fuck with him on any level. i don't have any interest in watching atlanta. not to mention he gives off super gay vibes to me.

he should stick to writing

30 Rock was great, and Atlanta is surprisingly good

but it is nigh impossible to discuss on Cred Forums because it centres around black people

His music is pretty bad, but is Atlanta good? I've heard its like a modern take on neorealism but the color correction is fucking hideous

Atlanta is good. Episodes seem short though, but they pack a punch. Fair bit of social commentary with the occasional burst of surrealism.

It's like Twin Peaks if it were written by someone who touched a woman before his 40th birthday.

When his contemporaries acknowledge him as such. The only genious who said it first and beame it later that I know of is Kanye and that dude suffers from mild autisms.

i agree with the first part but why you gotta throw that casual homophobia in there like that dawg

I fucking need Pharos. The leaks of the live experience are killing me.

youtu.be/a1TI2ZLDLBc?t=1m25s
1:34 sounds beautiful.

Here's some stuff of the Pharos App:
clyp.it/dujfhiwq
clyp.it/mg1xuq3l
clyp.it/ifzel1cw
clyp.it/ifzel1cw

He made Justin Bieber black.

He's a fucking genius.