Are those the best albums that have ever been made?

Are those the best albums that have ever been made?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

probably not t.b.h

>TMR is 504th
Take that, Scaruffi drones

Nope

Loveless, Kid A and ITCOTCK are the only good albums there.

Now this is advanced bait

>Kid A

Into the trash with your opinion

prove that I'm wrong
those albums are mostly pop trash that is praised solely because it's old and acclaiemed pop trash

>pop trash
Go back to classical thread you fedora faggot

>you can't like tmr without being a scaruffi faggot
leave

there is obviously good pop and trash pop
the beatles lean towards the latter

not the best ones overall but they're all at the very least solid albums in their own right.

>>Kid A
>Into the trash with your opinion
Into the trash with your opinion

TVU&N, ITCOTCK & Loveless are the only albums there that could potentially make the top 100. But probably only TVU&N could desu...

No, user, they're the most highly rated albums by a particular mass collective of people.

>Revolver isn't one of the top 100 albums of all time

Lol

How does that rating system work?

not him but in my experience only shortsighted people with zero knowledge on the beatles think they're trash
i can't even respect contempt for them if it's their sheer ubiquity you hate because it's only indicative of your shallow listening skills

4.1 score rated by 1000 people is better than 4.5 by 100

Which are the two really good songs on OKC

they just sound plain, there's nothing special about them
the Rolling Stones, the Who, the Kinks were so much better than the Beatles at what they were trying to do it's not even funny
and if you want to compare only pop efforts the early Beach Boys trump them

Karma Police and No Surprises

Not to anyone reasonably knowledgeable about music before the mid 60s

>implying 95% of Cred Forums knows shit about music

lmao

>they just sound plain

that's because they were pioneers, who directly influenced all of those bands, which is what you aren't getting

Where did I imply that?

Lots of people go there from Cred Forums and rate the Cred Forumscore albums 5/5 while the old regulars listen to obscure East European folk and shitty EAI.

Those bands are in no fucking way similar to each other lel

>early Beach Boys
>early

Wtf is your opinion

>Loveless
Everytime

false dichotomy

Only Cred Forums hates the Beatles.

truth hurt, dumb cat?

>truth
?
try being more observational

And KC released an album that's just a more refined, objectively better version of ITCOCK

The Beatles aren't bad, they're just extremely overrated.

Yeah and Beethoven isn't bad but extremely overrated too right?

Well, Beethoven is overrated (In that he isn't the greatest composer who ever lived) but of course he contributed far more to music than The Beatles could ever dream of.

>In that
no
you don't know what overrated means
stop posting

>that's because they were pioneers
>the Beatles

that's the thing that every newfag into music repeats, please give me 1-3 examples of their pioneering

>have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved.
Yeah, I used it correctly.

Kid A was pretentious and sucked.

js bach or mozart are the ones usually considered *the* greatest composer who ever lived, not beethoven.
you're grasping at straws

why do you think it's my job to spoonfeed you? people who understand the beatles' place in history don't ask these dumb questions so it's safe to assume you know nothing.

Not him, but the Beatles were certainly pioneers if only due to circumstance. Their albums were among the first in popular music to be taken seriously as art, and they were certainly the first pop group to be taken artistically seriously.

>you're grasping at straws
You're the one retreating to the semantics argument.

lmao fucking pleb, I hope this is bait

You're the one treating your shitty opinion as fact

>Their albums were among the first in popular music to be taken seriously as art, and they were certainly the first pop group to be taken artistically seriously.
>seriously
>art

the Beatles weren't taken seriously initally, they were a domain of angsty teenage girls, it's only after Beatlemania that they started to get hyped and when they steered away from the typical pop albums and got into more complicated (for pop standards) material - because they were popular they popularised rock music tremendously and that's also one of the reasons they are supposed to be the best
but all that comes from the fact that they were an average pop band that made it

>why do you think it's my job to spoonfeed you? people who understand the beatles' place in history don't ask these dumb questions so it's safe to assume you know nothing.
so you don't have an answer, that's alright

>the Beatles make Revolver and are clearly bandwagoning then-popular raga style in music
dude so innovative
>they make Rubber Soul clearly influenced by the folk rock scene tha had emerged
so innovative and brilliant
>Beatles made Sgt Pepper's because of Beach Boys' Pet sounds
man the best pioneering material ever

that's why you Beatlesfags should go back to Beddit

it's not semantics, you just suck at articulation and aren't knowledgeable

well obviously they weren't taken seriously initially but it didn't take too long for that to change
and it changed because they were very competent songwriters; whether you like their music or not is irrelevant.
>so you don't have an answer
your question is clearly grounded in a reductionist, flat-out ignorant pov, which isn't my problem.

reductionist attitudes are very arrogant and i suggest growing up

Okc is the best out of all these memey albums, and loveless is good but definetly overhyped, overall I agree with all this

It certainly is semantics considering there is no way of quantifying who is most commonly considered the greatest. The fact is, many people consider Beethoven to be the greatest and he is therefore overrated. Also, your other reply leads me to believe you're mildly retarded so I should probably stop arguing with you.

>dilettante indie kids

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking

The Beatles are fucking garbage, itcokc is good the first time after that shits stale, and kid is garbage

what's overrated about him exactly
if it's just his popularity you have to speak on then classical music is clearly not for you in the first place

yea no one cares what you think

If King Crimson and Pink Floyd are pop, which bands aren't?

what an ugly cat
I'd stomp over it just to hear the pleasant sound of his neck bones cracking slowly until he dies

>he

Congrats you have shit taste drone. Go back to circle jerking over Cred Forumscore and thinking you have better taste than your friends if you have any faggot

you know not what you speak of

I never mentioned Beethoven's material because that wasn't the topic of the argument. I merely implied that he isn't the greatest composer to ever live. You seem to be the one who values popularity considering that's been your primary rebuttal concerning The Beatles.

The two Pink Floyd albums make it wreak of internet but other that that it's pretty non-controversial.

Revolver is correct. It is a FUCKING terrible album.

not really i'm more concerned with people not knowing what they're talking about

WHAT AN UGLY CAT
I'D STEP ON HER NECK TO HEAR ITS BONES CRACKING ALL BELOW MY IRON BOOTS

*CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK*

HMMMM WHAT A PLEASURE TO KILL THIS STUPID FAT FUCKING HORRENDOUS CAT

Ironic, that...