What the hell are we being memed or is it actually this good?

What the hell are we being memed or is it actually this good?

why wouldn't it be good? He's one of the best musicians of the decade.

It's good

It's good, but RYM rating always shoot up to a really high score then drop to around 3.4-8.

Its good. But his voice is off putting to some

Don't worry it'll settle around 3.77 when all's said and done

>imlying it won't go up to 4.15 permanently after Fantano gives it a 10

why don't you listen yourself and find out you mindless drone?

yes, it's that good

Fantano is gonna give it a light 10

The production is fantastic, his style is wacky, dark and playful and he can rhyme forever, but wtf are some of these lyrics? Every word is about drugs. Maybe the music listening world, myself included, has just been desensitized to edgy cringe lyrics by dg and others
7.5/10

>the music listening world, myself included
shut the fuck up

IT IS THAT GOOD. But not really an Album so much as BLM-core/self conscious hip hop. Not prog at all like King Krimson or Alt-J

sounds like IMDB

are RYM users just like IMDB users?

shut the fuck up

shut the fuck up

It's pretty good, but I feel like it could have been better. The tracks are so short and often pretty forgettable. I've listend to the album about 4 times through and I only got a few things stuck in my head and can't even remember half of the album. The thing is that Hip Hop has very low standards and for Hip Hop this is a very creative and emotional album, probably one of the best of this year. But there is something missing here that XXX had. I think I liked the minimalism that XXX had while this is very abstract and all over the place. But yeah it's good and Danny is one of the best doing it right now.

>the music listening world, yourself included
fuck my shit up

AHHHHHHHHHH FRANKIE SINATRA

3.7 is still a really good score for RYM.

It's really good.

danny brown just appeals to rockists who know little about hip hop outside of their run the jewels bubble

that's not to say the album sucks but he was once a 10x more hungry talented rapper who made one of the best albums of the decade and now he cares more about his metacritic score and how many bands he can namedrop

I don't think it's THAT good and I can't really see why people rate Danny Brown so highly here or on RYM

>are internet users just like internet users?
difficult question.

You act like that's a bad score

It's good but it aint great
Also it only has what, 600 reviews on rym?

I guess it's been confirmed that he'll never make something as good as XXX again. This album is such a fucking mess.

Link?

about halfway through it now, it is quite boring

>post yfw Ain't It Funny

this, some1 pls

it went down 0.09 from yesterday guys. It's going to settle at 3.8 or something. I'm pretty sure Blackstar was at like 4.30 and TPAB was 4.13 for the first 3000 ratings.

Good album. Feels really focused and unique. Not enough variety though.

this is bait right

Haha, very funny. Pretending to like a bad album, hahaha! What a hoot!

And you'll probably respond with
>pretending
to further the joke, I am wet with anticipation. hmmmmmmm.

There is nothing I can do to avoid it, because you'll likely respond with
>joke
now, such amusement, so jolly I am.

(you)

Whatever the score is for this I don't care, what I care is how criminally low XXX's rating is. Literally one of the best hip-hop albums of this decade and already a modern classic, it should be AT LEAST near 3.80.

cringe

> the music listening world, myself included
turn down for what

Realistically it will settle at 3.6 because the Danny Brown fanbase on RYM is not that large. But fucking the 400th best album of all time. Thats some bullshit

It's a garbage album but I hope the score stays high on the chart because I've seen how it triggers the metal community on that site and I take great pleasure in it.

It's good!

My current verdict is 7 or 8, but I'm pretty sure it's going to grow on me. There's something about this album that didn't fully click yet, but it's very unique and creative. Much more patrician than Old, obv.

It's on Spotify

TODAY
TODAY
TODAY

one of a kind album , dodges every popular convention in hiphop production

best hip hop album of the last 12 years

10/10

that song is really creepy, something about it rubs me wrong, makes me worry about stuff.

Anyone gotta link?