I've been really enjoying the singles.
Lost Robot was gr8.

Can't wait for the 2/10 from Fantano.

Halfway through the album now and it's fantastic

oh fuck it leaked? how's the quality?

>downtown battle mountain 2
>anything other than last

Kingdom Leaks my dude

>not understanding the technical genius that is Will's guitar arrangements in that album
I'll concede the fact that Johnny shits the bed in regard to his lyrics, but Jon makes up for it tenfold. He carried that album. And the instrumentals are some of the best that the band has ever produced.

Here's the leak BTW
www48.zippyshare.com/v/TpK0m6m5/file.html

What's your favorite song so far?

This, will swan is nuts on that album

I love Young Robot so much, it sounds like a Kurt song. The music video is also extremely well made.

I agree. I heard they were using a flute on this album for something and was like wtf? But it's really well done and not gimmicky. Solid song.

Haven't listened to it yet, but I heard one of the new songs and I liked the way Tilian sounded, his voice was more "raw".

Album is great. Chocolate Jackalope and Deception are probably my favorite non-singles.

liking it a good amount so far, on inspire the liars currently, frozen one is currently my favorite, song is great

>happiness and deathstar that low

Why you be that way man

Honestly tell me you think Kurt is a better vocalist than Johnny or Tilian and I'll change it. He is better lyricist for sure though, but the other albums are all-around better, that's considering instrumentals, vocal ability, and production, along with lyrical content.

>Honestly tell me you think Kurt is a better vocalist than Johnny or Tilian and I'll change it.

>being better at singing instantly makes any album better.

Happiness actually feels like some of the songs have a meaning.
Kurt can't sing as well, but he has a different tone that makes him likable, that I can't really put my finger on.
It's in my top 3 easily.
Deathstar is eh in my book as well though.

I can dig that. Personal preference. I was on the fence about switching Deathstar with Happiness, but I thought since Jon had no part in the latter, it should go lower on the list. It also depends on what you're judging. I would put Happiness above most of the rest if I was looking at lyrical quality or emotion, but personally it feels the least DGD out of all of them. To me, something vital is missing, and that something is Jon. Don't get me wrong, I love Happiness. It's lower on my list than some.

fucking terrible

Just finished the album.
Not sure how I feel about it.
Perhaps the quality has made it eh to me.
But I really can't get into many of these songs
I'll relisten during the release.

i liked the album a decent amount, and think it will only get better with the higher quality

Johnny Craig drags it down way too far he should have never come back. I still like it but I like all their other releases more
Self titled>instant gratification>happiness>downtown battle mountain>acceptance speech>whatever I say is royal ocean>downtown battle mountain 2

Where would you rank Mothership?

Haven't heard it yet. When I buy it next week I will hear it. I don't listen to singles so I don't know what to expect

Why no singles? Jw

If I listen to singles they turn out to be the only songs I listen to on an album

Ah, I'm the opposite. I listen to singles, then once the album drops I find myself skipping the singles and listening to the rest of the album. Grow tired of the singles first.

Listening the leak, after pretty much hating IG and AS, I'm actually surprised of how much I'm liking mothership.
Man of the year and here comes the winter are probably my to tracks right now, I needed Tilian to do something harsher for so long.

Kurt has the best lyrics imo but its the voc harmonies that grab me. You could tell that he loves pet sounds when you hear the layers on brown town and strawberry swisher