Holy shit this is genius. And I remember how it was bashed when it first came out...

Holy shit this is genius. And I remember how it was bashed when it first came out. I love Death Grips and am seeing them live next month. But boy, this record has really grown on me and now that I think of it it sounds as though it came out of future

Other urls found in this thread:

setlist.fm/setlists/death-grips-33d3c8f5.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, its good.

Hopefully I'll be seeing the live as well.

Hopefully 10-15 years from now this will be seen and their crowning achievement.

Where, if you don't mind?

Belfast

Seeing them in London :)

Set lists from recent shows look decent too, will they change much?

My favorite of them as well. It blew my mind when it came out but in retrospect it became clear how great it really is,ยจ
Government Plates has really been growing on me as well ever since it came out.
My two favorite albums by Death Grips at the moment desu

How do they look liek?

Also post your personal ranking of their discography, here's mine:
1. Jenny Death (but will probably be NOTM after I finish it)
2. Bottomless Pit
3. The Money Store

setlist.fm/setlists/death-grips-33d3c8f5.html

Looking forward to Lock Your Doors and Fuck Who's Watching

And btw, can't fucking wait to see them, only two weeks to go man, been waiting for that gig for almost 4 years now. Seeing them in Glasgow and Amsterdam, getting high as fuck in Amsterdam obviously. It's gonna be a great October, seeing Swans as well few days before DG.

Holy shit this looks tight as fuck. And Holy fuck again, I love Whatever I Want.

The Money Store will be their legacy. It'll be remembered 40 years from now. If you're so near-sighted as to not see why then name a single other 2010s album which has been both as innovative and influential as it.

>ExM
>TPTB
>TMS
>NLDW
>BP
>GP
>Interview
>DG
>FW

>influential

I'll give you innovative because it is but what artists/groups have DG directly influenced? They're innovative and make great projects but they are not influential

Tyler the creator took a lot of influence from DG for better or for worse

>what artists/groups have DG directly influenced
A shit ton who have not outwardly revealed to have been influenced by them but noticeably are (these include people/groups such as Danny Brown, RTJ), as well as those who have in some form expressed fondness for the band but have still not outwardly said anything (Tyler The Creator, Frank Ocean) , and people who have claimed influence (Bowie).

>NoTM
>TMS
>BP
>JD
>NLDW
>FW
>Interview
>GP
>ExM

Love all of their records so even ExMilitary for me is like a 7/10. Niggas on the Moon is by far their best work though and I think it will be regarded as a classic.

How about Kanye West and Yeezus?

I am not even a DG stan but holy fuck, are there any other albums in existence than represent a single work of theirs? The closest I could think of is Paul's Boutique to Exmilitary, but even then the latter is a hyperbolic, punk-infused amplification of the former.

*resemble, not represent

>Kanye West
>Danny Brown
>David Bowie
>Run the Jewels

Those are the mainstream popular ones. they also inspired a whole ton of underground industrial hip-hop/hardcore punk bands, like Show Me the Body.

They are probably they most influential band pf the 2010's so far.

How the fuck did DG influence Run the Jewels? And Danny Brown?

Just listen to When It Rain and if you know Death Grips you'll know

Basically Death Grips is The Velvet Underground of our times with Stephan's art projects and Andy's side music projects and their embrace of social media

They influenced my music

Yeah except Danny listed pretty much all the influences for the album and they weren't in there also you didn't answer my RTJ question.

not him but he has expressed fondness for death grips; he was pretty excited when the money store came out, i remember him posting about it on twitter. On another note, I was also pretty sure in an interview about atrocity exhibition he mentioned death grips as an influence. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

anyone seeing them in dublin?

You're mistaken on the latter part and if him liking Death Grips counts as an influence then I'm out of this conversation

idk about danny, there's a resemblance but he's pretty militant about originality, feel like he'd shout out grips if he was directly influenced

meanwhile just listen to Oh My Darlin' by RTJ, that bassline is very grippy

also I'm pretty sure kenny duck said something about being inspired by dg. or maybe that was the david bowie thing. idk, either way NOTM is their best album

AE is DG af, there is literally no way you can deny this.

RTJ are very clearly taking Death Grips i intensity and style and are trying to make it more mainstream, kinda like what Kanye was doing but not shit.

If you actually read the influences for Atrocity Exhibition the sound on the album makes a lot of sense, you don't have to jump to fucking Death Grips just because it's "aggressive rap".

The sound of RTJ makes sense if you have ever actually listened to El-P before. RTJ is basically just C4C and R.A.P. Music continued.

AE is inspired by DG for sure but isn't derivative or reminiscent of DG in the product whatsoever

see you there. I will be the one that looks like a faggot.

Really? Got kinda old for me. I've given it plenty of listens by now.

Up My Sleeves is definitely the best track they have ever made, though, and I doubt they can top it.

You'll see them pop up as influences in the future ;)

Money store got out and was the DG album with the most exposure. Even non Cred Forums and edgy people at least know of it. Anyone who calls themselves a DG fan usually names Niggas on the Moon as their best release.
But yeah 40 years from now if you ask someone to name a DG album the most common response would be The Money Store. Since most people don't choose to look further.

NotM
GP
TMS
JD
ExM
NLDW
BP
FW

>the last two minutes of big dipper

pure bliss, wish they'd play more notm live.

For sure Tyler on Cherry Bomb and Kanye on Yeezus and Pablo