She was my catatonic sex toy love joy diver

my ex loved this song, fuck you Cred Forums

great fucking song

I enjoy all of the interpol love on this board. Well done everyone

She woke a gray woke a gray

who?

Right on

>those drums on Obstacle 1

This fucking album. I want to go back to 2002 and kick myself in the nuts for not listening to this.

Obstacle 1 is a fantastic song

>trying to play that song on drums

fuck me m8s, it's that part with the open hat and the frantic kick that gets me every time (might be the verse/pre-chorus). great song tho, so fun to play

it's right here: youtu.be/S2AX7K-6HZo?t=31s

Oh yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=XRxs1LVZaKQ

Learned this song in middle school for a recital at the place I took drum lessons. Good times

yeah the album is mad good. it's hard for me cause i just started playing like 5 months ago or somethin

MY BEST FRIENDS A BUTCHER HE HAS 16 KNIFES

I WISH I COULD LIVE FREE, HOPE IT'S NOT BEYOND ME

It takes a while to get that right foot strength and independence for the bass drum. I had already been playing for 4 years before I performed the song.

Someday we will live together and life will be better

for some reason it's not even the bass drum line that really got me, it's the limb independence with that hi hat and the bass drum together. i guess that's what you're saying, but i just mean putting the two together is the hardest part. i can play the rest of the song fairly well though (i'd like to get more comfortable with ghost notes and just general feel around the kit but still)

BUT I CANT PRETENDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

BUT IT'S DIFFERENT NOW THAT I'M POOR AND ASIAN

>tfw you picked up this album because you wanted to get more into post-punk and Joy Division wasn't doing anything for you
>tfw even though you know that this album is just Unknown Pleasures: Pitchfork Edition you love it infinitely more than either JD album

It hurts but it's too good

>it's like learning a new language...

gonna pull you in close
gonna wrap you up tight
gonna play with the braid that you came here with tonight

I'M GONNA HOLD YOUR FACE AND

>song about blowjobs

TOAST THE SNOW THAT FELL

BUT NEW YORK CAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

If you think they'd be helpful check out these drum set books that helped me out a lot when I started out

Progressive Steps to Bass Drum Technique for the Modern Drummer by Ted Reed

Basic Rock Beats by Joel Rothman

Realistic Rock by Carmine Appice

it's up to me now, Turn on the Bright Lights™

thanks man (if anyone has pdfs for any of these that'd be super helpful)

youtube.com/watch?v=Nd30xwa8nPI

this and a bunch of beatles and beach boys tunes. and probably some jazz stuff

>Unknown Pleasures: Pitchfork Edition

baseless criticism desu, are you just criticizing the fact that they're post-punk revival instead of "real" post-punk?

Mostly just the difference in atmosphere, I guess. Although it's not like that's universal in the genre.

The big criticism is always that it's watered-down Joy Division and I just assumed most people thought that way. I hear it as just a different take on a similar theme but idfk

Why is every other Interpol album besides this one shit? What the fuck happened to them?

NYC is probs my least favourite song on the album but that part is honestly the best thing they've ever done

>Mostly just the difference in atmosphere
are you implying that the joy division atmosphere is more authentic, or that it's more original/better?

and i'd disagree that it's watered down joy division, but it definitely rips joy division off hard .it's just heavily 80's post punk influenced early 2000s revival stuff. it is what it is. i think they moved it past joy division a bit, their stuff seems way more layered

so many bands do this shit desu idgi. i guess they're just a product of their time. honestly it makes bands that just produce mind blowing content over and over more incredible to me

idk i think the build up to that part is so important

This is Joy Division turned up to 11. Frontman who can actually sing and writes actual good lyrics (prose wise, fuck your "muh dead frontman" feels), twin guitars with fantastic interplay, and a rhythm section that are both far superior in terms of talent and production.

Fuck Joy Division. The only value they contributed to the world was offering up a blueprint which Interpol took and expanded into what I genuinely believe to be one of the greatest rock albums ever made.

i adore this album
can you guys recommend something with a similar vibe and sound?
preferably no joy division or other interpol albums

I agree about Interpol being good JD being overrated, but your joking if you think Banks had good lyrics, they stick out like a sore thumb in all the wrong ways.

damn real nostalgia with this guys drum covers
hope he's still at it

Sick fucking digits. I disagree though. He's not all too consistent, but his highs are really poetic.

STELLA I LOVE YOU
STELLA I LOVE YOU

Quints of truth. Love Interpol's sound, but the the lyrics are okay at best and usually jarring enough to ruin the song.

>All these plebs whining about muh Joy Division
Interpol has more in common with the Sound and the Chameleons. Either way, the album isn't as derivative as people make you believe and comparing it to JD is the dumbest thing ever.

Post-punk revival is so horrible holy shit.
You fucks told me that this was good.
I mostly trust Cred Forumss taste but PPR and emo make me doubt it.

left

>asian

>SHE WAS ALRIGHT
>'CAUSE THE SEAL WAS SO TIGHT
>SHE BROKE AWAY

I hope we can all agree

TOTBL > Antics (both great) > El Pintor (good) > OLTA (some good songs with a lot of shit inbetween) > s/t (why)

Pretty much, but I've enjoyed all of them to varying degrees

That album is fantastic. Such tight sound. Sure, they wear their influences on their sleeve, but that's no crime, especially when it produces such quality. Probably my biggest criticism with the album is that Bank's lyrics can be a little patchy at times, but his delivery more than makes up for it. I really like the drumming and guitar sounds as well.

The Strokes and The National give me the same vibe at times, although I wouldn't necessarily describe them as parallels. Not more than a product of the same era perhaps. You've probably already heard both already though.

Primary Colours by The Horrors reminds me of it a bit but with more pronounced Shoegaze influences.