You literally can't

Pearl Jam

>Implying influence is a measurement of quality

pixies and modest mouse

Kek

Not even close.

Nobody gives a shit about Pearl Jam these days
Never said it was

>tfw I'm going bald in the same way as Novoselic.
It's still quite thick, but I can tell.
*le sigh*

He didn't imply that.

soniuc yoth fag

Kanye West.

even though this is bait, pixies

Hmm. No . . .

They destroyed the music, turn rock into a teen garbage

This, for better or worse. More post-grunge bands tried to copycat Pearl Jam than Nirvana.

Please help. I can't stop listening to Nirvana. With The Lights out it just too good. Last fm tells me I've listened to them almost 400 times in the past 30 days.

Pearl Jam was nothing more than a glam rock band for chicks
They were the Bon Jovi of the early 90s which is why they're early stuff sounds dated

you sure proved me wrong

My Bloody Valentine
Swans
Arcade Fire
Neutral Milk Hotel

There's four.

What's funny is, I originally had heard of Pearl Jam for a long time and finally decided to get into their music, and when I did, I realized that the whiny, annoying, repetitive songs that I always hear on the radio was them all along.

God they're fucking unbearable.

these, also:

Slint
Talk Talk
Radiohead
Wu-Tang Clan

it really ain't that hard at all.

lol what the fuck

Pantera

Rock was on its shitty way out anyways, at least Nirvana gave it a good decade of slight salvation

I know that feel. I listen to them daily for around 3 years already.

Crystal Castles
Daft Punk
Death Grips
Kraftwork
Have a Nice Life
Autechre

come on, OP, give us a challenge.

The Melvins

>pixies
this

you're an idiot and musically ignorant if you don't believe this. pixies literally revolutionized rock and basically started the 90s college rock sound

kurt cobain specifically said he was hugely influenced by the pixies (specifically the quiet-loud verse-chorus structure they would use) and it's apparent in a ton of his songs (smells like teen spirit, frances farmer, etc)

is it everyone's goal in this thread to just name a different 90s band since "nirvana isnt edgy" enough for them? whether people like to admit it or not, they can put down their swans album and enjoy nirvana even if they say they hate it.

nice trips faggot

thank you

Nirvana is definitely in the top 5 of most influential bands of the last 25 years.

>Death Grips
>Autechre
>Have a Nice Life
>Crystal Castles
> "find a more influential band/artist in the past 25 years"

100% agree, though I don't think of Nirvana as grunge. But that was CERTAINLY the secret to the Nineties - just a completely different approach to the vocals. It was like they took the music from prog-rock, crossed it with metal (or something), and married it to "soul" singing. And I don't mean Motown, but the "deep cuts" of the soul era, where vocal conviction was everything. That's why even the one-offs in the 90s hold up.

Whether or not you think he's good, he had an undeniable impact on rap music for the 21st century

REM

>nirvana fanboys will try to dispute this

dude everybody likes nirvana, they're a good band. but honestly to say they're influential is just kinda dumb. sure, they were a bit, but the seattle grunge sound they used died out super quick, it's not like you're still hearing remnants of that in modern music (unlike pixies, or some other bands mentioned in this thread)

this thread isn't about how good a band is, it's about their influence. and if you can refute me i'd be open to hearing a counterpoint

I wish the pixies didn't commit suicide with their new shit

Pavement

I regret the Death Grips entry because they haven't exactly been musically influential, but they did have a huge significance in marketing.
The rest of them have been majorly influential.

>he thinks coon tunes matter

What.

Pasta?

>bigger canon than Zeppelin

there isnt

this.

Radiohead, duh.

>pixies
OP said last 25 years. Pixies first album was in 1987.

>Radiohead
>Wu-Tang Clan

This

i love ae (prob my favorite group) but i don't think they've been majorly influential - esp after their 4th/5th album. after that they just sort of existed in their own space.