AOTY is here, everyone

Hey guys just letting you know that the AOTY arrived

Other urls found in this thread:

ysleaks.com/bon-iver-22-million-320.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

already knew that but thanks op

No problem just here to try and inform.

its not that good. falls off majorly towards the end.

>00000 Million
>fell off
No

What's ur favorite song from the LP, OP?
I'm enjoying it! Especially Creeks, all 3 of the singles, and that ending

>I WORRY 'BOUT RAIN
>I WORRY 'BOUT LIGHTNING\

fucc

I'm at 666, only songs I heard were the first two singles. This is pretty good, maybe it'll grow on me, but despite the electronic veil I feel like this is just kind of the same shit he's been doing for years. Obviously well-made and well-composed, but I'm getting a little sick and tired of his purposefully "vague" lyricism

moon water and ____45_____ though are pretty bad. Otherwise it's perfect imo. Even CREEKS

>"vague" lyricism
He's always written like that, even on his solo stuff in the early '00s
I like those tracks t b h

Yeah I know, that's why I'm saying I'm getting tired of it? If it was just on this album how could I be getting tired of it lol

It's a solid 8.5

Oh shit, ty

moon water got me fucked up senpai. feels like a bad trip. I love it.

I just lost apple music this week because I can't afford someone gimme a link pls :(

I can see that. It kinda throws the album off for me though personally.

I like his lyricism t b h

I think its phenomenal in terms of building tension before the release that is circle

honestly cannot believe anyone seriously enjoys this pretentious crap

hey reddit

That can be said about basically every album posted on this board

you guys say this about every album that comes out though. how many of you still think Wildflower or Human Language 3 are AOTY

t. swans fan

Cred Forums is not one person

every single one of these songs is much better live.

Thats not atrocity exhibition

my boy Justin did it again!

my last two digits = pitchfork score

>tfw 29 #Strafford APTS

sounds right

Dude I hated Strafford live....and yet the album version may be the best song on it. Fucking 10/10 AMEN

no

clearly you didn't even listen to the very last track

WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THIS?????.??..??????????????.

chvrches fan detected

Bon Iver - 22, A Million

>folk artist tries to do electronica
lel so embarrassing

this shit is worse than Age of adz

also, loved the live, hated the leak, loved the release. It has been a rollercoaster
WE DID IT GUYS!!!

He's been doing this stuff since like 2010 with Volcano Choir though, it's not out of the blue.

did you even listen to the self-titled??

ok ,it's still not good though

It is though

>68143044
lol AOTY don't hate

best songs: 33 a million, 666

the rest is ok
29 stafford is above average
45 fucking sucks

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS???

I'M MONITORING THIS THREAD

I still fucking hate Deathbreast. That other track that he played at Eaux Claires would have been so much better on the album.

>33 a million
33 god*

fuck

>lol AOTY don't hate
oh lawd

that taste..

Yeah...you probably just don't understand it lmao sigh baka

After a month of listening to the leak I can say that I really like it but it's not as good as his previous two albums (or even Blood Bank). Still an 8/10 though.

Go ahead: what is AOTY?

ysleaks.com/bon-iver-22-million-320.html

the leak is garbage though. its unlistenable

you serious? certainly not this shit, even that overhyped frank ocean shit is more worthwhile

Soneone Paypal me $ 50 and i'll listen to this """""""""""music"""""""""""""

no joke, ashfuckedmybitch@gmaildotcom

why is it shit friend?

Why would anyone pay you to listen to music?

sent ;)

someone

sent ;)

>this is how we grow now
>a child ignored
>these will just be places to me now

it's not shit, it's just no where near AOTY material, like not even close

that's like every major release this year.

Except Blackstar

It has a bunch of shitty glitches and skips that sound like vinyl rip artifacts, for starters. Especially on 29 Stratford

it was not that bad. people like you tend to think thought the production wasn't on purpose, which is was.

oh okay, why is that? A lot of people seem to really like it and think it could be the AOTY.

>ocean

lmao ok

>pic related if I had your taste

lel

it sucks

p4k review in literally 6 minutes who the fuck is ready

but i didn't say frank ocean was good i was more so implying how mediocre bon iver is

>falls off majorly
literally moonwater is kind of boring
the last 3 tracks are great

>I can't handle someone else having a different opinion than mine
>how dare he not think this is aoty when i say it is
Im not him but holy shit dude chill

>Honey, understand that I have been left here in the reeds
>But all I'm trying to do is get my feet out from the creeeeeeease

literally arguing with a fanboy lel, it's pointless

wildflower was aotysf when it came out though, and still one of the best releases of the year
2016 has just been a rad ass year for music

Wow, this is quite a strong negative response, I never said I even liked the album, just wondering why you don't think it's good.

This desu

y'all need 2 lern how 2 enjoy urselves once in a while

I wonder what kind of guy actually listens to and likes this kind of shit. What does he look like Cred Forums?

justin on suicide watch

This is what I look like but with better traps

he looks like me user

Not since Kid A has an album so superb pushed away and pulled closer its audience, simultaneously and with such aplomb.

>lying on the internet

I imagine it's this senpai

tfw they gave Chance the fucking rapper a 9.1

holy fuck.... PANNED

Okay, so don't get me wrong, I like the album a good bit, but can we all recognize how fucked this is?

Sufjan made the transition back when it was actually a risky move, and ultimately made a considerably more forward thinking, fully realized and ambitious record. But that style wasn't "cool" at the time so they gave it a mediocre score (relative to the album's quality and how they've previously rated his work).

basically fuck pitchfork and their bullshit trend hopping.

Yup, it's easy for people to make the Age of Adz parallel. But people don't realize how much more left field it was then.

This really isn't that different for Bon Iver when you pass through the first 2 or 3 listens, just different instruments/production.

Sufjan really went balls to the wall and it payed off and was much more fleshed out than this is.

I think 9.0 is fine for 22,a Million but Age of Adz should be like 9.4+ imo.

>TIDAL doesn't have it

damn you to hell Jay Z

Adz was incredibly ambition but doesn't always hit the spot. Of course Impossible Soul was unbelivably good, but many other tracks sound overblown or cheesy to me. Not like this record where I'm reaching for the replay button over and over. Honestly the only similarity is that they're both folky artists gone electronic. THe albums sound nothing alike

Age of Adz should definitely be a 9.5. That said, I always see Pitchfork scores less based on quality, more on where the music fits in the zeitgeist of upper middle class urban dwelling hipsters in Brooklyn and Austin right now.

Adz is the definition of weird for the sake of weird, its pure aimlessness.

What a beautiful and insightful comment. I actually run a music blog and am looking for interns. Would you be interested?

I still think every song delivers, I don't think aimless is always a bad thing.

nvm, its up if you search for it

>he pays for music

I copied and pasted it from Pretty Much Amazing's review.

nah

Suf knew how to work with electronics well even 10 years prior. He approaches them from a compositional perspective rather than them just being there to accentuate his songwriting. He knows what he's doing, everything on there was intentional.

ah well I was just trying to bait you into acting impressed with yourself anyway
nvm carry on

I think it was on purpose, but still don't like some aspects of it.

I never said he did it by accident.

Yeah I agree, lots of very good music this year but nothing truly great. There's nothing this year that's a potential album of the decade contender.

>tfw they gave Chance the fucking rapper a 9.1

That album is honestly one of the best rap releases of the year. The score should be within that ballpark.

Only edgekings hate it.

bump.
It's the AOTY no question. Big-time grower too. Took about 5 listens to really appreciate.

>tfw 8 (circle)

Protip: Don't listen to this drunk

finished listening for the 1st time, pretty damn good. gonna listen again tomorrow

This guy knows how to enjoy life

looks like kanye's gotta put down justin

My only regret is I spent so much time listening to the leaks this doesnt really sound that interesting anymore. I can tell its decent music but i just feel like id like it better if i had just waited for 320 :((((

what a beautiful track

the country-gospel influences, the OVERT country-gospel influences, are the biggest surprise here. it's like what he did with beth/rest, but way closer to home for me personally.

i'm going to live inside this record for a long time.

You fucked up user

I didn't even listen to the singles before this came out

IS THE COMPANY STALLING?

Is the actual release out yet instead of the shit leaks?

Yeah CD rip leaked yesterday I believe

I hated Moon Water at first but now I love it. That fucking sampled scream/cry is haunting.

its on spotify

I mean i can enjoy the second half a lot more now since its different from the leaks. Also i didnt get to the second half as often so its still pretty fresh. Id give anything to hear 29 stratfford apts for the first time again tho.

>listens to age of adz once

age of adz is my favourite album ever what should i expect Cred Forums???

An album perhaps superficially similar, but extremely different.

a much inferior album

Bon Ivers new album 22, A Million

Im 4 tracks in and its not nearly as good and yeah there a few similarities both being foltronica but also very different, definitely not as good (so far) buts its first listen and it sounds nice

It's not even folk music lmao

Bet you feel so good about yourself saying that

No I'm actually coming down with something shit sucks can't sleep

The album is very beautiful overall, but none of the songs came even close to how incedible 33 God is, 666 came close but that's basically it. Probably 8/10 for me, maybe 9/10.8

>8.4
>mediocre
jesus you people

Anything below 9 is a complete pan

>Probably 8/10 for me, maybe 9/10.8
>9/10.8

>tfw I finally find out what the fuck he's saying on Strafford
>tfw one of the only lyrics I got right was "alimony butterflies" even though it's nonsense and made deliberately hard to hear

BUTTERFLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS

10/10 moment

Should I listen to this before listening to Bon Iver's first two albums?

Yes listen to it now

for fucking sure

it doesn't really matter none of them sound alike beyond Justin's songwriting style

i give this reply a 4/20.69

Its searching is bottomless

What does this mean and why do you keep posting this in BI threads

I'm gonna give it a 22/1000000

...deleted

what hat is that? /fa/ help me pls

Haha, very funny. Pretending to like a bad album, hahaha! What a hoot!

And you'll probably respond with
>pretending
to further the joke, I am wet with anticipation. hmmmmmmm.

There is nothing I can do to avoid it, because you'll likely respond with
>joke
now, such amusement, so jolly I am.

Are you okay user?

it's delicious new pasta