Can you name any bleak sounding bands (I'm into noise rock / power electronics / black metal...

Can you name any bleak sounding bands (I'm into noise rock / power electronics / black metal...) that take their lyrics from poets or writers? The only thing that comes to mind is Skullflower and some black metal project from Prurient that I can't remember.

Other urls found in this thread:

metal-archives.com/bands/Trist/60728
youtube.com/watch?v=_8YDi-UF_TM
youtube.com/watch?v=F-adagchAZk
youtube.com/watch?v=0p-1YibE_KQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

i know that the people who make that kind of music are pretty shit at lyrics sometimes, but why would you want to listen the music that creatively hollow?

Peste Noire used Charles Baudelaire and Christine de Pisan in their first album (La Sanie).

How is Skullflower creatively hollow?
Some pe and noise is, but not everything. Especially Skullflower are miles ahead, conceptally and creatively.

bump

I only just now realised that the album cover is a mouth

>that take their lyrics from poets or writers
How does this apply to Skullflower?

Also what you want is Ehnahre

Thanks, I think I read somewhere Form Destroyer has Bataille texts. The newer works on Bandcamp are at least inspired by gnostic texts

metal-archives.com/bands/Trist/60728

It's all in German though, IIRC.

Can you recommend more like this?

Thanks
Like Skullflower or Street Sects?

Street sects. Just recently heard this and i love the glitchy/abrasiveness

pic related is the first thing that comes to mind for me

Sorry, I don't listen to that kind of music but maybe delve into aggrotech / electro-industrial genres? Ant-Zen records might have something you'd be into
Ah of course, how could I forget C93, discography full of obscure references. Thanks for reminding

youtube.com/watch?v=_8YDi-UF_TM

What genre would street sects fall under?

Something what I said fused with elements of noise and hardcore punk I reckon

Bleak from Syracuse. Dragged into sunlight

Mgła. They don't take lyrics from poets, but their lyrics are poetry unto themselves. Pic related is my favorite black metal album pretty much ever.

Need to look into Bleak. Who do Dragged Into Sunlight quote?
Cheers, skimming through the album and sounds dope

"It's like dumping dead meat at the brink of Styx
With a barge that we made of what was left of Yggdrasil
After veterans of spiritual revolts were done with their armchairs
And I don't even remember
Which brink is which"

It's a beautifully bleak descent into nihilism.

You've probably read that from me. The songtitles are sometimes inspired by literature, but they've never had proper lyrics afaik, bar their earliest live recordings perhaps (where they're still undecipherable). Gary (and sometime Bower IIRC) did some choir-like oohs and aahs most of the time, because he fancied his voice as another instrument rather than "singing" in a conventional matter.

>that take their lyrics from poets or writers?
like, directly? or just influence?
as far as directly lifting lyrics from text goes gnaw their tongues has text to speech samples of the bible on spit at me and wreak havoc on my flesh. it's really a lot of fun.

Mainly looking for straight up using written work as lyrics, but influences are alright too

Grim- Maha
Not exactly the same but I enjoy both, and I think they have a similar feel

well this isn't dark per se but I'm listening to simon wickham-smith - a hidden life and other works. the title track is drony synthesizer music from eliane radigue backing a long spoken word version of some of the writings of Lama Kunga Rinpoche and Ngawang Lhundrup Dargyé (with the latter being translated by wickham-smith) about the purported life of the sixth dalai lama after his disappearance.
youtube.com/watch?v=F-adagchAZk

Yeah not what I'm looking for right now but very interesting nonetheless, I'm familiar with Radigue's works and I'm getting some similar vibes from the recent new age archive releases from Leaving Records, which I like. Thank you

one last bump

Wolf Eyes

youtube.com/watch?v=0p-1YibE_KQ