Memes aside

what is the best Pink Floyd album and why is it not pic related?

dsotm is boring trash. that you'll need drugs to like it

Piper gates,animals,meddle,wywh are all better
fucking the Wall is better

DSOTM/Sauceful/Meddle are my personal favorites

This is their most interesting work. Also their only album that's purely prog and not folk/ (not including Pigs on the Wing).

because it's not this one

dtsom has some good songs though, like Time and Brain Damage. Shit like On The Run brought it down

Animals
Meddle
Which you were here

The Wall anyone? There were only a few standout songs between the two discs but the story makes up for it imo

I mean, DSoTM is definitely more interesting than WYWH and Animals. I've always felt like DSoTM experimented more, but okay

Wall is full of filler.

>MUH FILLER
when will this meme die. Each track serves a purpose in the fucking concept and storytelling.

I dont know about your memes.

I just visited the board to look for some threads on the new opeth album.

I'm one of the few people that doesn't think there's any filler on that album. Each song fits perfectly in place, and I think they all sound great.

/thread

I love all their albums except Obscured by Clouds and anything after The Final Cut. No doubt in my mind that Animals is their best album. Dogs has the second best Gilmour guitar work (Shine On being first), and the concept flows and fits so much better than their other concept albums. This is helped by the fact that two of the five songs on the album are like 2 or 3 minutes long. Floyd was at their best with longer stuff like Echoes and Atom Heart Mother, and the songs are just long enough to get some of that Floyd jamming in. Plus since the songs were too long for the radio, they didn't get the chance to be overplayed and ruined like Money or Comfortably Numb.

Atom Heart Mother is the best clearly.

meddle is incredible nice trips

What is the cover supposed to be exactly? I can make out some distinct details but I can't figure out what the main image is

it's an ear

>Cred Forums
>memes aside

Pick one

I don't know, I don't care. Everything past The Wall is pure garbage. The Wall, Wish You Were Here and DSOTM are somewhat cheesy but genuinely good albums. Animals is incredible so is Meddle. Atom Heart Mother is insanely good. Ummagumma's cool, both live and studio sides. TPATGOD and ASOS are amazing as well. Best album — Live at Pompeii.