Why does most metal suck compared to blackgaze?

Why does most metal suck compared to blackgaze?

Other urls found in this thread:

www85.zippyshare.com/v/sDNaXGNa/file.html
mega.nz/#!5gZGBDxb!q9b4KQIYLY-IhVXVMQY91ok72WMnl2Ts1yLPgEd2oyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It doesn't.
Gonna hijack your shit thread and turn it into a Kodama thread.

Anyone got any thoughts / feelings on this thing? I'm loving it.

Its more interesting than Shelter and although I wish it were longer its better than pretty much every other metal release this year.

Yeah it feels a little short, but it's loads better than Shelter. How do you think it comares to Escailles de lune?

Because you're gay

I'm biased because that was the first album I listened to by Alcest but that's still #1 for me. Maybe more listens to Kodama will change that though but I'm not sure.

I feel like Onyx is a really interesting track but it seems strange to put something with such an interlude feel at the end of an album and that's a big part of why I think its not on the same level as Escailles right now.

my favorite black gays album.

because you don't like metal and only listen to Cred Forums and pitchfork approved garbage

I'm biased too but Kodama seems to be more of a foray into post-rock than previous albums were...if Shelter was 'Neige does Slowdive' then this is 'Neige does Mono'. In that regard I think it's a solid, unique album that can't really compare to his earlier stuff

not him but rec me some good black metal pls

>Cred Forums approved garbage
>listens to Alcest

top wew

Most of everything sucks, as a rule, if you take 'sucks' as average.
The issue most metal has is the slapped on central themes most bands adhere to, which is detrimental when an entire genre is typified by it.
Blackgaze is also still pretty fresh which gives it a special novelty right now.

kek have a You

>because you don't like metal and only listen to Cred Forums and pitchfork approved garbage

waaaahhhhh

why the fuck is kodama not available on spotify yet

pleb

anyone have a working MEGA link?

MEGA link?

i'm found www85.zippyshare.com/v/sDNaXGNa/file.html in the archive it works

mega.nz/#!5gZGBDxb!q9b4KQIYLY-IhVXVMQY91ok72WMnl2Ts1yLPgEd2oyI

do the hipsters that listen to Neige know he played on peste noire's aryan supremacy ep?

why is this shit still not available on apple music?

Didn't know this is already out. I hope that this is better than Shelter which was boring garbage.

who cares, it's only music

holy fuck, how dare you

>unironically using "hipster" in 2016
You have to go back.

Shut up butthurt hipster

@68153194
>hipster
“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

nobody says hipster anymore it's nu-male now you fucking nu-male

kys hipster

@68153418
You have to go back.

Should I listen to Shelter before I listen to this or does it even matter? For context, I liked Souvenirs, loved Ecailles, and was slightly more positive than ambivalent about Voyages.

I like Shelter but its very very very soft don't go into it expecting blackgaze

hey how many times have you made that joke

What sucks is that I was the original person who made that joke in a shugazi thread and now some loser is ripping me off any chance he gets

Says a guy who can't even fucking reply to a message