When will Death Grips finally influence people?

When will Death Grips finally influence people?

Other urls found in this thread:

consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/david-bowies-new-album-★-was-also-inspired-by-death-grips/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People on Cred Forums claimed Yeezus was heavily inspired by TMS, although I don't know if Kanye has ever mentioned DG.

Bowie outright said that DG were one of his influences while working on Blackstar.

they influenced bowie to kill himself

consequenceofsound.net/2015/11/david-bowies-new-album-★-was-also-inspired-by-death-grips/

OP said people. Not puppets.

Kanye is a trend-hopper, not a trend-setter.

DG were hot with p4k in 2012, he comes out with Yeezus in 2013
Kendrick's TPAB was hot in 2015, and he comes out with TLOP in 2016

B L A C K I E and clipping

test

Lol I agree with you on the first point but how in hell did TPAB influence TLOP? Similar acronyms?

Hopefully never

yep
yep
yep

Listening to the new Son Lux EP right now, and it's extra abrasive. Electronic music in general has become more abrasive and chromatic, lately.

B L A C K I E was pre-DG

The whole use of soul samples with eclectic editing and themes of being a black man and their life and legacy

The beats are EXTREMELY similar especially to the deeper cuts of TPAB, as well as the messages and stories presented

memes aside a death grips / limp bizkit collab would be amazing

>borland riffs intertwining with dissonant synths and batshit drums

damn

Nah but GEN was post Exmilitary and was definitely influenced by it.

So, literally the college dropout?

When they finally an hero

Eh maybe you're right in terms of what they technically put into the album like the soul samples and messages, but I think the tones are just so different that I don't even register a direct influence. Like when I listen to TPAB, I get the feeling of all these darker tones and atmosphere, and with TLOP it's so much brighter and trebley

B L A C K I E was around before dg and clipping sounds nothing like dg. Nah and Ho99o9 have a lot of Death Grips influence.

Like you.

DG inspired clipping. to make noise hip-hop

also this came out this year

Who
What
Where
?+3

I'd say Clipping was inspired by B L A C K I E

>Bowie outright said that DG were one of his influences while working on Blackstar.
where?

I thought their story was that they played some ying yang twins song over a merzbow track and throught it sounded alright

google [dot] com

>?+3
?+3 = ????
?*3= ???

I bet they influenced a bunch of middle schoolers who browse Cred Forums to disobey their parents and not clean their rooms
Cause they're a shit band

>Kanye stop using soul samples from Kendrick

Kanye literally invented that producing style, you fetus.

good one. you are truly too intellectual for Cred Forums

Atrocity Exhibition was at least somewhat inspired by death grips. Danny brown even said I've seen footage was his favorite song.

Clipping was formed before death grips though. Even Daveed Diggs said on twitter he didnt listen to anything past tms.

blackie fans hate dg and i'm pretty sure he does too

yeezus doesnt sound like dg though
its like saying taylor swift sounds like britney spears
just because it is industrial doesnt mean its a death grips clone, death grips didnt invent industrial rap

The openers of both Yeezus and NLDW have pretty similar basslines (if thats the right word.)
I'd also say that Blood on the Leaves was influenced by Higher Ground by TNGHT. (Similarly edited horns)

B L A C K I E is fucking shit. Anyone who relates him to DG a) doesn't listen to him and b) is a humongous fucking faggot.

no not even close lmao

Huh, they have the exact opposite effect on me...

HO99O9 anyone?

Blood on the Leaves was definitely influenced by TNGHT, but not that song. Listen to R U Ready by them.

Tyler said he listened to Death Grips when making Cherry Bomb but never said they influenced him

t. rude dude with 'tude

Anyone denying the significant influence they had on Atrocity Exhibition is delusional. Its basically Exmil meets dark/cold aesthetics.

If by people you mean musician it's already the case
If you mean people lisnting whatever is on the radio i don't think it will happend : mostly because of the noise part in DG
and after all why care about people who don't listen the music you like (even if DG is great) ?

When they stop redesigning the iPhone.