Do they actually think they look cool or are they just being wacky

Do they actually think they look cool or are they just being wacky

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-VBdAY8eA9w
youtube.com/watch?v=NP0H491rRFU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They think they look edgy like neckbeards think they look edgy, though a lot other Black Metallers (like Immortal) did it purely for a lark

They're just tryin to make panties wet, OP.

the one on our right was in it for the lolz

Euronymous is doing it because he thinks it is intimidating and will freak people out.

Dead is doing it because he was legitimately severely mentally ill and wanted to look like a stylized corpse.

At least since Alice Cooper musicians have used face paint to evoke a shock image, for various reasons.

literally everyone except those two in the scene did it because they were larpers.

Euronymous did it because he was sick and watched snuff videos

dead did it because he was so fucked up in the head he thought he was a ghost or some shit

t. dad lived in oslo at the time

>not thinking they look cool
numale detected

It's stage theatrics dude.

It looks cool in the same way the monster in a horror movie looks cool (except with a lower budget and lower standards), cause it's for promo shots and the whole concert experience.

Why has there never been a Mayhem, or an early Norwegian Black Metal scene biopic yet? It's basically a story already.

this

It's all an inside joke now. Bands just do it cus its part of the genre. Same with silly music videos shot in forests

because normal people wouldn't get it because it's so fucking absurd how seriously these guys took themselves for how garbage their music was.

Wasn't Dead the first to do it in Black Metal? I sure as hell know that he didn't invent that style of face paint, but I have heard he was the first to use it in the way that it is known as corpse paint.

until the light takes us + euronymous roast 2016 varg just posted on his channel

youtube.com/watch?v=-VBdAY8eA9w

cool as fuck just watch this video

It would just be Hellhammer explaining what happened poorly, with maybe a bit of Varg explaining how it was the lamp that killed Euro and how modern black metal is for gay niggers.

No, I mean getting actors in to recreate it. It could have potential but is probably right.

>youtube.com/watch?v=-VBdAY8eA9w

I strongly prefer this one:

youtube.com/watch?v=NP0H491rRFU

You don't get it nigga.

You're thinking about it in binary terms of "serious/joke". It's somewhere in between, it's a spectacle.

When you read a fantasy book, you don't go "Does this guy seriously expect me to believe that there were elves and shit 2000 years ago?" or "ayyy lmao elves and shit that's fucking hilarious bro!" you just read the fucking story and enjoy it for what it is.

Metal is the same shit, fundamentally, with a few guys who take it more or less seriously than the rest.

>are they just being wacky
It's all in good fun OP.

Sarcofago did it first
POSTHUMOUS YOUTUBE DRAMA
SOMEONE GET KEEM ON THIS
TWEET SCARCE
CALL FANTANO

I think someone like Harmony Korine could do a decent job with it. The guy legitimately likes black metal and is pretty good at presenting individuals as genuinely disturbed and violent.

Meh.
Trash humpers gets old after 15 minutes, I get more creepy vibes from HHH's videos.

>closeup of the raven's eye
Lost it.

It is clearly both. It's a way to scare the normals, and to be incredibly silly at the same time. Nearly all of metal has this tongue in cheek sort of cheesiness to it.

Well Trash Humpers is one of his most boring films in general. Gummo is a better example of what I mean, I suppose.

The fact he was involved in Until the Light Takes Us and the soundtrack for Gummo are really what points him specifically for me to direct such a thing.

I reiterate.
It's a spectacle. There are comedic parodies of LotR, there are crazy nerds who argue about Tolkien's made-up languages, but fundamentally, it's just a spectacle.
Same with metal. You CAN make a joke out of it, you CAN make a fucking religion out of it, you can even do both, but originally it's neither.

there is and it's called Until The Light Takes Us

Do you like your cornflakes soggy, or kreeespy?