MINIMAL WAVE/MINIMAL SYNTH

Help me make a bigger chart to get more people into this genre. I mostly included dancier cuts rather than more experimental albums like Vanity Records albums, Esplendor Geometrico or Monoton. You guys do listen to this music...right?

What's the difference between the two?

Not much really, but some people prefer to call less poppy minimal albums Minimal Synth.

wave is just a retrospective term assigned to synthpop/synth-heavy post-punk music that was stripped-down or sparse compared to other works in the genre, minimal synth takes that to the extreme and eschews things like complexity in songwriting or structure in favor of pure synth

any good minimal releases this year? i've been looking through a lot of EPs and couldn't find anything that great

The same here, I have a collection and all but I don't have any active artists to follow

OP here, same here, last year's November Novelet was good but I haven't found anything memorable this year.

End Of Data - Sahrah
Ensemble Pittoresque - For This Is Past
Dark Day - Exterminating Angel and Window
Damon Edge - The Wind Is Talking
Steven Grandell - Animal Angst (essential)
Nun s/t
And you should probably throw in Suicide s/t for good measure

Oppenheimer Analysis - New Mexico
The Units - Digital Stimulation
Picky Picnic - Picnic Land
Laurie Anderson - Big Science
Suicide - s/t
Dark Day - Window
Martin Rev - s/t?

with the suicide suggestions it might not be a bad idea to throw in a soft cell album since they basically started as a suicide tribute band

their first EP, non-stop erotic, or (preferably) this last night in sodom would be good picks

>November Novelet
I really can't take them serious after seeing their videos

Needs fireside favorites, the objectively best minimal wave/synth album next to suicide

good on you for having flesh on there

What's the best entry-level album for minimal wave? Pretty much anything on OP's chart?

You could start with the Andie Oppenheimer or The Minimal Tapes in OP's chart (both amazing), or if you're generally unfamiliar with synth music then start with:
>Suicide - Suicide
>Fad Gadget - Fireside Favorites
>The Human League - Reproduction
If you're into the sound it's really rewarding to get into, it's a surprisingly prolific genre and a lot of releases are really consistently good aesthetically + sonically

I'd say space museum or new mexico.

Wow real neat entry level middling dross there OP cool it's cool to make useless charts cool

what would you suggest instead of being a faggot then, he literally says in the OP that he purposefully chose dancier release

Thank you both, I'll have a listen soon

Piss off you cunt. At least he's doing something good.

Suicide is more Synthpunk than Minimal Wave imo

>faggot
>good

If HTRK and Tropic of Cancer are my only exposures to minimal wave, should I try the OP stuff out?

t. embryo

This shit's not really too similar to HTRK, and it sounds cheaper and sparser than Tropic of Cancer, but check it out you might like it.

tropic of cancer alone should have you set, yeah

ty senpai :)

fuck off

htrk is the logical conclusion to those two
best band out right now

lmaoing at that shit opinion

bump

its true and you know it
post better bands or shuddup faggot

I know this doesn't get called Minimal Wave very often, but it is.

literally any single band out there is better fucker
i've wated too much time on your retarded ass already