Anyone have any good dark ambient music...

Anyone have any good dark ambient music? I always go on the dungeon synth threads and there is some good stuff here and there but I really like songs that just have more to them in general, like these Burzum classics:
youtube.com/watch?v=PXCITkmsCjM
youtube.com/watch?v=DaFS0ZMHeco

Another example of the mood I'm looking for is the beginning of Below the Sun by Ahab:
youtube.com/watch?v=OpGl7saUSig
I have listened to his prison albums also, and they're not too bad. Definitely don't have as good ambient tracks as filosofem or hvis lyset tar oss though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9eDL01w2wC8
youtube.com/watch?v=fSJxDvTisss
youtube.com/watch?v=83E6UwrXU0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=cQqQSnUDPuw
youtube.com/watch?v=7F0JOdLZ9DE
youtube.com/watch?v=vIjPWsXFuBw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tangerine Dream - Zeit
Gas - Zauberberg

bump

So I got about 15 minutes into that tangerine dream one and nothing really happened. This will probably sound ignorant or whatever but I was kind of waiting for something, even the smallest trace of a melody.
I know I asked for ambient but the reason is because I don't really know what I'm looking for. Something that's dark and whatnot but at least it has some type of tune or something to keep me interested.

It's not really dark ambient but dialect- gowanus drift is an ambient album that's interesting and has a dark tone to it. Black mountain transmitter- black goat of the woods is more straight up dark ambient but is still a compelling listen. Neither of them are that specifically but I think you'd like em.

Check out Paysage D'hiver, Die Festung for the synthy stuff and his self titled for the ambient black metal kind

>Die Festung
Thanks for this, it's sounding awesome, basically what I was looking for. I'm definitely going to check out the rest of this guy's discography.

Glad you're enjoying.

There's also Demo III from Depressive Silence if you like this kinda stuff.

I really dig this first track on this Enslaved Album
youtu.be/9eDL01w2wC8

Try Murder Ballads by MJ Harris and Martyn Bates:
youtube.com/watch?v=fSJxDvTisss
youtube.com/watch?v=83E6UwrXU0Q
Also like this : youtube.com/watch?v=cQqQSnUDPuw

I could never into Burzum's "ambient" stuff, it just sounds like the cheap incidental music for a 90's Horror anthology series, like what a fedora would think is cool edgy dark ambient music

(OP) I agree with you this track is awesome, just wish they released a whole album of tracks like this or something

Tomhet is really good but that's about it imo

No kidding, admittedly I never listen to the rest of the album. It's really incredible how awesome black metal ambient is

(OP) That's why I put Tomhet in the original post, I was looking for more stuff like that, not his prison album ambiance, which I stated was just okay

you'll defs like this one m8

Have you tried Coil? Idk maybe the vocals aren't for you but try this song and tell me what you think about it youtube.com/watch?v=7F0JOdLZ9DE

that one's alright, I think it's the albums he released in prison that were literally casio keyboard presets that made me kind of question his tastes in general. I think the black metal tracks on Filosofem are much better at conveying an atmosphere, kind of like shoegaze, but that's just my opinion

dude I was just about to suggest Coil too, I think Musick to Play in The Dark 1 & 2 or Time Machines would qualify
youtube.com/watch?v=vIjPWsXFuBw

(op) nah I'm not feeling this one, kinda cheesy imo

thought this about some of Coil's stuff at first too, they're great when it finally "clicks" though. Not dark ambient but check out Horse Rotorvator, a real classic for sure