22, a million

His best album yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!GRExiDja!8PA5ccZKVDAp8zkJxZu14lDOTqSwd03eNjUIYv2FktU
strawpoll.me/11336229
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

would be if the track names weren't so stupid that I can't even take them seriously

hell no.

Yes it is.

his Kid A with themes of the universe and infinite

no....it's far too loose, non cohesive. Honestly, it sounds silly at points. It's over fucking produced.

Really? It feels very cohesive to me.

maybe

>It's over fucking produced
Isn't that kind of the point of it?

First heard it live at Eaux Claires. Thought it was okay.

Then heard the mediocre leak. Wasn't too impressed.

Listened to it three times in the car today for a long road trip. I think it might be his best. Not really a weak track on here. Absolutely love Stratford Apts. and 8 Circle.

Only bad thing about the album is some of the lyrics.

>I'd be happy as hell if you stayed for tea
>GOD DAMN you're my A Team

ehh

Its right before the point of being over produced. The cover is perfect representation for the music, collaged yet aligned.

Self Titled is still his best, but 22AM is a really good album and definitely one of the best of the year.

>>GOD DAMN you're my A Team

This ruins Creeks for me, tbqh. Such a stupid lyric.

got tips from yeezy

This lyrics are good though

Bon Iver, Bon Iver is still my favorite, but I love everything this man's ever touched. Listening to this album on a cassette in a boom box on Wednesday with a handful of fans was pretty fucking cool.

>9.0

well, breed my tight muscle ass

>tfw want to sing along to 8 (circle) but can't understand the lyrics whatsoever

I'm fine with a lot of it honestly, but I can't get past a lot of the "glitch" parts.

I'm totally cool if Bon Iver wants to change up his sound.

But when he digitally makes his voice sound like fucking Minions, it distracts me. I'm aware that people probably haven't come to the same conclusion....but that's how I feel.

>Only bad thing about the album is some of the lyrics
Yeah, the lyrics are meant to essentially mean nothing and everything at the same time and it's pissing me the hell off. I just want to at least to sort of be able to read into them a bit.

>And so it's not in your clasp
>What's the function or the task
>Well, I'd stun and I'd stammer
>Help me reach the hammer
>(For then what will I ask)
>That's a pair of them docks
>Mooring out two separate lochs
>Ain't that some kind of quandary
>Take me into your palms
>What is left when unhungry

Really? I love that lyric. The intensity he delivers it makes up for the general cringe of that line.

>I'm aware that people probably haven't come to the same conclusion
more than half the board would prefer vanilla folk, so you're not alone

I thought it was really great at the festival. Then again, the whole fest was so well executed I even enjoyed the shit out of Francis at the end.

link anyone?

mega.nz/#!GRExiDja!8PA5ccZKVDAp8zkJxZu14lDOTqSwd03eNjUIYv2FktU

check the archive ffs. it exists for a reason.

yeezy taught em

Woods came out in 2009

i fucking hate the voice of this guy holy shit

you can just see a commercial for some smartphone company with young adults running around some field in the golden hour, the wind blowing a pretty girl's hair, wacky camera angles, and a text like "it's time to live. travel. move. feel. this is today's generation. we are the inventors, the explorers, the what-ifs. we are the revolutionaries of the world."

i swear its worst than fucking mumford n sons or whatever mainstrean "indie folk" abomination

this desu

Which song would be playing during that commercial?

What a retarded post.

you've heard his other stuff right? This is try hard as fuck, but his other stuff is decent.

Its a great shift of sound, even if its a poor mans kid a and sounds a lot like Hide and Seek and Midnight by Coldplay.

I don't think you've heard the album yet

no, I mean which song from this album are you referring to?

Agreed with all of this. It's a great record with cringeworthy-at-times lyrics. Sonically it's good from start to finish though, so I get his whole "say random shit to accent the song" thing.

(its a reference to a kanye track you big goof)

almost sounds like you didn't listen to it bro

Oh shit I meant that to reply to

>'try hard' is an adjective
what diction

very elocutionary

Here comes all the white twing twang cucks pretending they love electronic now.

It can be used as an adjective.

this album is fucking incredible. can anyone who hates it actually explain why other than "muh overproduction" as if that wasnt the point

I like the album a lot but I could understand if people don't like his voice/lyrics/the pretension of the presentation/how music crits keep calling it experimental etc. Of course this is Cred Forums and there will always be people who just don't like it because it's normiecore.

jesus christ its not fucking pretentious

Light 6. Second half is def weaker.

so it's normiecore you agree?

I've read several favorable reviews that felt like they had to "acknowledge" its pretentiousness. I don't get what's pretentious about it.

it sounds like gay r&b with a sprinkling of imogen heap james blake and muh quirky bloops and filters. its pretty gay

AGE OF ADZ LITE EDITION

>the voice clipping at the end of 29 #Strafford

all of them in regards to the voice
the production doesn't fit the idea of course, but i never talked about that
i've heard the 2011 album a fair amount of times, same problem with this sort of gospel-wannabe "epic" "emotive" delivery. it's disgusting.
i have just finished listening to it. gotta mention, the production isn't even interesting either. i think the album tries to disguise itself as innovate and soooo out-there much much more than it actually is.
mature post congrats

No it's just music with a rich spiritual background as you can tell by the fucking album cover and the themes of some of the track titles themselves even the goddamn lyrics

ex. Moon Water

its not just spastic fucking vaporwave shit there's obviously a pretty powerful background to this record and people just see a bunch of symbols and upside down letters and go "WELP!!!!!!!!!111 MORE FUCKING CRYPTIC GARBAGE XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" idk what people expected when they saw the fucking album cover h0ly m0ly br0

what kind of music do you like? srs question

>this sort of gospel-wannabe "epic" "emotive" delivery

pretty much fucking exactly

Certainly you could understand why someone would find the tracklisting pretentious right? Even if you don't agree? I'm not saying it is, this will probably be my AOTY, but I was just saying I get why some people don't like it.

Why would the fact that other people like something affect your opinion?

i try to actively listen to every genre there is (at least a couple of albums i haven't heard before every day), but i'm more inclined to pop. favorite bands are cocteau twins n the blue nile. interestingly voice is a major part of the first, and the latter is felt as many as 'cheesy' and 'bland' which is what i see in bon iver (but the rest perceive as genuine soul-connecting sincerity i guess).
good to know i'm not alone on this i've never seen anyone else complain about it so i had to say it

>could go forward in the night... but i betta fold mah clothes

I cringe every time at this line

His worst album imo. Least ambitious. Less expirimental than s/t. The electronics and ambience are not nearly as prominant as many are forcing. Stand this album up next to Sufjan's The Age Of Adz and this'll sound like a shitshow.

As if no one could have already loved both

>learn to find it yourself dumbass
>but I'm going to spoonfeed you anyway so you never learn
Retarded.

this generation baka

If not me, someone else. At least I'll shit on them when I deliver.

Really terrible logic.

How so?

i couldn't stand the acapella parts

Shhhh, those shills might be here, and you're giving them ideas.
next they'll use 33 GOD for a whiskey advert.

folk is garbage so yes

strawpoll.me/11336229

remind whether you take something seriously is solely your own choice

He has a point, user.

Moon Water is boring and 45 is redundant.

holy shit what a throwback

Dude, his voice is so far from commercial. It's borderline shrill at times... this is literally the sound of a very large bearded man singing in an awkward falsetto that is always one syllable away from wavering, but never does. I consider him a great vocalist (he's far better live), but certainly could do more to appeal to people who watch The Voice... his voice is his, and it's pretty clear that he's singing the only way he knows how.

I haven't heard the new album, but his voice is the one thing that keeps him from being the biggest artist of this generation. It's a bit off.
But his songwriting is so fucking on point, man. I agree the music is "cinematic" or ripe for use in commercials, but that's more a testament to his songs fully existing in a certain space/atmosphere/moment than anything else.

let it happen and my point be proved!
>i consider him a great vocalist
not against this, just really really striking a huge pet peeve of mine
> but certainly could do more to appeal to people who watch The Voice
idk i feel like he's exactly the type of artist to appeal to these people who just die for these majestic heavenly voices. hes male adele voice-wise
>But his songwriting is so fucking on point, man
perhaps but again his voice pierces my ears too much to focuss on anything else, and what ive haerd songwriting wise didnt impress me anyway so really not an artist made for me to like

this.

the whole reason he has remained my favorite artist since For Emma Forever Ago is that he will never go mainstream or be played in a commercial because he is just the slightest bit inaccessible, but still phenomenally talented.