AOTY thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!cJpmVKJK!rNx46m3rrQNrylxf-EMoT0vC7e_x26AJ6iLtNRf9VgA
last.fm/user/metaldiscussor
topsters.net/
bubuprog.bandcamp.com/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

replace denzel curry with swans desu

Does anybody have a download link for Blond?

mega.nz/#!cJpmVKJK!rNx46m3rrQNrylxf-EMoT0vC7e_x26AJ6iLtNRf9VgA found on the archive

shit, meant to reply to

You guys are committed to being as dull and predictable as is humanly possible.

>Impossible Kid
My nigga!

Seriously, why no Swans? It might not be as groundbreaking as the Seer and TBK, but it's still aoty meterial.

Swans were never good

yeah, my dude, i mean there are good albums there, but like, branch out more,
>un blonde
nice
"bait"
same as top although preoccupations what the fuck why like that shit is so much worse than viet cong

No apologies for putting 3 Shabaka Hutchings albums on there
The dude's good

Haven't listened to the Nick Cave, Jenny Hval, or Swans albums yet

Looking for 2016 recs. I've been away from Cred Forums for the whole year, so let me know if I've missed anything cool.

For all you special snowflakes that don't just have the normal 10 RYM albums, please add album names next time

Fever makes me feel

Alright Ian Cohen

1. Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
2. Death Grips - Bottomless Pit
3. Michael Formanek & Ensemble Kolossus - The Distance
4. Defibrillator & Peter Brötzmann - Conversations About Not Eating Meat
5. David Bowie - Blackstar
6. Ralph Alessi - Quiver
7. ScHoolboy Q - Blank Face LP
8. clipping. - Splendor & Misery
9. Keaton Henson - Kindly Now
10. Swans - The Glowing Man
11. Jack DeJohnette, Ravi Coltrane, & Matthew Garrison - In Movement

Honorable Mentions:
John Coltrane - The Atlantic Years in Mono
Steve Reich - Works: 1965 - 1995 (Reissue)
Com Truise - Silicon Tare
Tim Berne’s Snakeoil - Anguis Oleum
Kendrick Lamar - untitled unmastered
clipping. Wriggle.
Isaiah Rashad - The Sun’s Tirade
M.I.A. - AIM
Noname - Telefone
Carla Bley, Andy Sheppard, & Steve Swallow - Andando El Tiempo
Avishai Cohen - Into the Silence
Vijay Iyer & Ishmael Wadada Leo Smith - A Cosmic Rhythm with Each Stroke
Fire! Orchestra - Ritual
Peter Brötzmann & Heather Leigh - Ears Are Filled With Wonder
Peter Brötzmann, Steve Swell, & Paal Nilssen-Love - Krakow Nights
Full Blast - Risc
Peter Brötzmann & ICI Ensemble - Beautiful Lies
Peter Brötzmann & Peeter Uuskyla - A Crack To Beauty
Black Bombaim & Peter Brötzmann - S/T
The Andrew Cyrille Quartet - The Declaration of Musical Independence
Shirou Sagisu - シン・ゴジラ (Shin Gojira / Shin Godzilla OST)
Frank Ocean - Endless
Frank Ocean - Blond(e)
Deftones - Gore
Blood Orange - Freetown Sound

that mannerfelt album doesn't get enough love, I loved the track 'relay' from 25 25

I think the new jenny hval album is her best yet

check out king goblin - cryptozoology
not sure if you'd like the new thee oh sees record but it's worth a shot

I've got a note on my phone of my fav albums from this year in no order but it's too long so I'll just rattle some off

Tindersticks - The Waiting Room (probably my AOTY)
Woods - City Sun Eater in the River of Light
Mitski - Puberty 2
Esperanza Spalding - Emily's D+Evolution
Nick Cave - Skeleton Tree
Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
Touche Amore - Stage Four
Show Me The Body - Body War
Kel Valhaal - NILotSoTQ
Frank Ocean - Blonde

Thanks, will do. My tastes are actually a lot less "all metal all the time" than that chart makes out, so I'm open to anything.

>Esperanza Spalding

It's like you WANT to have good taste

what do you mean I'm confused, are you saying she's like a stepping stone to better shit or what?

Yoh actually liked The Coloring Book?
I was pretty disappointed by it.

lotta records to check out still

I've been meaning to check out Ka's new album, what's it like?

She's great user and I'm glad you see that too. I love the last track with a passion, even if its basically a cover. This album carries a really nice broadway-esque sound

The first quarter of the year wants its albums back

Lets try this again...

>jenny hval
That's good to hear, I really liked Apocalypse, Girl

I'm just really worried people forgot about this album because it's actually so fucking creative and original. Even I forget it came out sometimes but when I return to it it's fucking beautiful all over again.

well the second and third quarters should have stepped up

I feel the same way too because her last album was particularly her most popular and carried a much different sound that's just as good. What's your favorite track of Devolution user?

://////

Also, Sad Songs about the End of Love by Avital Raz, but topsters2 didn't have it

what style of norwegian jazz is that?

It isn't Jazz, that's just the name of the orchestra. It's actually Free Folk type stuff

How is Thee Oh Sees new release? I haven't listened to it yet

ooo throw matmos out for tv girl. this shit is dope, its like if weezer didn't suck shit

>TV Girl stayed
mwah~

Top left to bottom right.

You know it.
It's probably my AOTY of AOTY, caught me by such surprise.

How can other bands compete?

There is a serious lack of James Blake in this thread.

What did you just read the top ten of RYM and add bon iver in there?

>people seriously rec'cing Sweatbox Dynasty

its the worst tobacco album by far

only Human Om and Gods in Heat are barely decent

That's because it's aggressively mediocre and worse than his previous two releases.

Its almost like you don't listen to anything but Pitchfork-core

Imperial sticks out like a sore thumb, nigga. Replace it with HOPELESSNESS.

>I try very hard not to listen to the most critically acclaimed releases so I can feel good about myself when I slide into bed at night.

(you)

I like this

u mad his musical taste is so vastly superior to your pitchforkcore that you feel the need to attack a higher being?

Nothing i listened to in 2016 can honestly be called a favourite of mine. This is being a very bland and boring year in music to my taste.

Okay, just worked on this the other day, just to refresh my list (7.5+)

Been a Crazy Month:

51. Ian William Craig - Centres
50. Pixies - Head Carrier
49. Frank Ocean - Blonde
48. Triangulo de Amor Bizarro - Salve Discordia
47. White Lung - Paradise
46. Floating Points - Kuiper
45. Big Ups - Before a Million Universes
44. Scott Walker - The Childhood of A Leader (OST)
43. Denzel Curry - Imperial
42. The Field - The Follower
41. Anderson Paak. - Malibu

40. Kevin Morby - Singing Saw
39. Amnesia Scanner - AS (EP)
38. YG - Still Brazy
37. Noname - Telefone
36. Roly Porter - Third Law
35. Tim Hecker - Love Streams
34. Sturgill Simpson - A Sailor's Guide to Earth
33. Frankie Cosmos - The Next Thing
32. Case/Lang/Veirs - Case/Lang/Veirs
31. Xiu Xiu - Xiu Xiu Plays the Music of Twin Peaks

30. Massive Attack - Ritual Spirit
29. Animal Collective - Painting With
28. Jenny Hval - Blood Bitch
27. Aesop Rock -The Impossible Kid
26. Lemon Demon - Spirit Phone
25. Mick Jenkins - The Healing Component
24. Ka - Honor Killed the Samurai
23. Nicolas Jaar - Sirens
22. Marissa Nadler - Strangers
21. Preoccupations - Preoccupations

20. Nick Cave - Skeleton Tree
19. King Gizzard & Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Infinity
18. Kendrick Lamar - Untitled Unmastered
17. Ty Segall - Emotional Mugger
16. Bon Iver - 22 A Milla
15. 2 8 1 4 - Rain Temple
14. Parquet Courts - Human Performance
13. Chance the Rapper - Coloring Book
12. Thee Oh See's - A Weird Exists
11. Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

10. Angel Olsen - My Woman
9. Nao - For All We Know
8. Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial
7. Death Grips - Bottomless Pit
6. David Bowie - Blackstar
5. Deakin - Sleep Cycles
4. Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
3. Swans - The Glowing Man
2. Clipping. - Splendor & Misery
1. The Avalanches - Wildflower

Come at me, cus I'm about to come at y'all

any love for the new nicolas jaar album

oh god just please get the fuck out

actually being concerned with musical taste

not at all. A lot of the music I listen to is actually given a 6.5-7.5 from p4k.

This is the actual AOTY, but you probably haven't heard it since it hasn't been featured on some shitty tastemaker site for post-ironic millennial fucksticks.

>this whole fucking thread
oh I love commercialized albums by established artists! oh I love the new radiohead oh! what's the best latest rap album you guys? ohhhh.

You people are fucking retarded slugs.

You seem like a man in the know.

then why the hell are you here? I feel like you are one of those people who point something obvious out as if you are on the outside when you are actually part of all the shit.

Not bad
Not terrible
Is Trondheim Jazz Orchestra worth checking out? I love jenny Hval
Electronic/10
I gotta check out that Charles Bradley
Decent
What's bottom right?
I liked that Tindersticks Album quite a bit but doesn't quite cut my top 50. Been meaning to check out new Touche Amore, hasn't been a priority of mine.
Oh and I think Puberty 2 & City Sun Eater are both Shit
Thanks, i don't know some of these and they look amazing!! Will check out
The new Keaton Henson is great, but I haven't listened to it a 2nd time, therefor i don't really have an accurate rating. I do highly suggest this to people who haven't heard it.
I really didn't like too many of these
Not Bad
Still haven't listened to that James Ferraro. Never been a huge fan of him
How is that new JCL? I liked his last album a lot
ehh, half good
Bait
not terrible
Nice taste OP

I'm by the way

>Nice taste OP
>literally Pitchfork-core

p, cool. a poor mans 22, a million.

Cool story bro, you wanna defend yourself stop sounding like an insecure loser, and talking to people like me who actually have a brain and make an astute statement. You can't even handle the astuteness and accuracy of my statement, yet you blindly defend your mediocre hobby as if your life depended on it. Does it reveal who's the real hypocrite here? Pro tip: it's you.

>doesn't suggest better music that people may not of heard of

i'm sure you're right, but if you don't share cool music, then how will we know

>shiro sagisu
Nice taste

>Cool story bro, you wanna defend yourself stop sounding like an insecure loser, and talking to people like me who actually have a brain and make an astute statement. You can't even handle the astuteness and accuracy of my statement, yet you blindly defend your mediocre hobby as if your life depended on it. Does it reveal who's the real hypocrite here? Pro tip: it's you.

>Is Trondheim Jazz Orchestra worth checking out? I love jenny Hval
That particular album was composed by Kim Myhr, while Jenny Hval improvised all the lyrics and vocals, and she did it pretty well imo. The music itself is a lot different that Jenny's solo stuff, but it's still really good.

As for the Trondheim Jazz Orchestra, I suppose it depends on who's composing. And Kim Myhr's stuff is mostly free folk and Electroacoustic Improvisation

But on the album I posted, Jenny's lyrics are a big part of the music, so if you like her vocals, definitely give it a go. Plus, I think it's a good intro to the rest of the artists that release stuff under Hubro, which is a lot of great music

i am also a practicing kekist

There's been hardly any albums that I've heard that have come out this year that have caught my attention. I have listened to mostly classical music this year too, as well as a few parts of my collection which I have always liked; my collection is very vast. I have also been paying more attention to reading this year than I have finding new music, which is a change of pace for me, because I realized not too long ago that reading is one of the most rewarding hobbies that a person can possibly have. It leaves one feeling more fulfilled than listening to music, music can only work in tandem with whatever you already feel and rarely can change your mood, but a book can absorb your thoughts and give you something to think about which might just stick onto you. I will maintain, though, that my taste in music is top notch, and I know of the albums mentioned here and they're all mediocre commercial crap from established artists. If you would like to know what my taste is, then I will give you a sampling of my taste last.fm/user/metaldiscussor

>"astute statement"
>"astuteness of my statement"
>adjectives/adverbs everywhere

oy vey

>astute statement

1. The glowing man
2. Bottomless pit
3. Skeleton tree
4. Untitled unmastered
5. Xiu xiu twin peaks
6. Spendor and misery
7. Mike and the melvins
8. Blackstar
9. whatever the fuck that pj harvey record was called
10. Post pop depression
Honorable mentions: emotional mugger, a moon shaped pool, human performance

Im waiting for that gorillaz and rtj3

not seeing the case for angel olsen in the top 10. also wasn't keen on the preoccupations record

Don't take it all so seriously. I'm not and I don't think everyone else is either.

maxwell lp sucked lol

Contortions and end of evangelion? I think im in love

wait are we doin worst aoty and blond in the same chart

hi toby

Pssst... Your insecurities are showing

New pasta?

Having better taste than literally all of you feel pretty good.

>arguing on the internet

butthurt 101

>Being blatantly against P4k 8.0+ albums
Dude, You're missing out on some incredible music just because of you're own bias towards a music publication. That's ignorant AS FUCK! I'm not even a P4k fan, but c'mon P4k doesn't own any rights to these records. They were Praised pretty universally, and for good reason. you would be an idiot to think otherwise...wait you are....Pleb

I know almost all of those albums, bud. Also:

>my music taste makes me feel better about myself

neck yourself

>no We Be Africans
lol

post the names faggot.

Nigga that's one of Glenn Jones' worst albums. One of the lesser primitivist albums this year. Is that Russian Circles? Holy shit. I see why some people keep their chart super safe.

>I know almost all of those albums, bud

Name 5 of them.

>Nigga that's one of Glenn Jones' worst albums

Nope. But the artwork is terrible.

The Russian Circles album is great.

I dont want a smelly nigger like yourself listening to my music so no

Get a taste if you ever want to know what those artists are

I never said any of that. I was saying that the taste is pretty common and not normally something you say "Nice taste OP" about when most people on Cred Forums love those albums.

>The Russian Circles album is great.
Holy fucking shit

Name a better post-rock/post-metal album from this year, please.

There probably isn't but that's because it's a dead-end genre.

Please use a trip so I can filter you and your shit taste.

>please use a trip so I can continue to live under the delusion that my garbage sub-p4kcore taste is of any value
Nah, I think you need this. It'll be alright, buddy.

>Cool story bro, you wanna defend yourself stop sounding like an insecure loser, and talking to people like me who actually have a brain and make an astute statement. You can't even handle the astuteness and accuracy of my statement, yet you blindly defend your mediocre hobby as if your life depended on it. Does it reveal who's the real hypocrite here? Pro tip: it's you.

It took me a little bit to grow on My Woman but holy shit, that's a clicker. The songwriting is amazing, and the emotion of the tunes are executed PERFECTLY. It's very rare you get an Indie-Rock album nowadays that is that well produced and that well executed.

Thanks man! I'll check out the label

yawn

Every other album on my list is better than the meme rap you probably listen to, pal.

Clean War
Bliss
Star Core
Beyond the Streets
Lulin
Heat & Entropy

I scrape and scour Bandcamp like a madman so I guess that's why.

im pretty basic but i havent seen anyone with one or two of the albums i have

ive seen rake and scrape around, what's it like?

for me it was a decent modern swans release but nothing special

e v e n o x e n

heron oblivion caught me by surprise earlier this year

heron oblivion - s/t
purling hiss - something ep

bleep bloop did you hear mall grab - sun ra EP
also gimme the names of some of those beep boops

cool a f

sick album cover you got there
i really want to listen to this now

oh wow youre so cool with those cool albums

seriously tho those are some seriously beautiful album covers for the most part

Awww... Now you've resorted to making things up so you can cling to this delusion.

Don't ever change, user.

oh jesus

Oh my bad man, sorry for attacking you ahha
But Why not just say it anyways? y'know, no matter how dull somebody's taste is on Cred Forums, it's still better taste than 99% of the planet, so why not let people know that they are part of that 1%? I don't see enough support for people's taste on Cred Forums, and quite frankly I don't give a shit about all these "cores" and what constitutes good taste. So I just let people know when In like their taste, no matter how a nigga like might respond. Mostly because he's an idiot troll

ill give it another shot.

>im pretty basic but i havent seen anyone with one or two of the albums i have

>ive seen rake and scrape around, what's it like?
It's terrific, obviously. Really should be higher on my chart, I just haven't got around to it. It's entirely divorced from the pop/indie cool kids club this thread is inundated with, but you've got Sainkho Naamtchylak on your chart, so I don't think that'll bother you. It's basically the funkiest you can be without being James Brown and proof positive that grooviness is not the sole domain of pop music.

i meant that i had one or two albums that no one has posted, bad wording on my part oops

>It's entirely divorced from the pop/indie cool kids club this thread is inundated with, but you've got Sainkho Naamtchylak on your chart, so I don't think that'll bother you.
>It's basically the funkiest you can be without being James Brown
yeah that's why i asked, i've had it recommended to me once before but i haven't got around to it. sounds like i'll definitely like it, gonna look for it now

When I say I should bump it up in the chart I mean it's probably my overall AOTY instead of The Cactus Blossoms (which is great). But don't expect any deeply focused, intensive or spiritual music. Expect to shake your ass, though.

Yeah, I feel that. I do sometimes wish some people would venture outside of the critically acclaimed or popular but they're still great albums so they're already going in the right direction.

Also, that user has quite the superiority complex.

Also, how's that new ep from Mikael Lind? I haven't listened to it yet or even him either in like 3 years.

arrayed is an underrated gem

It's pretty damn good

As someone with one of these "ugh contrarian" charts; can't we all get along? I don't avoid Pitchfork for some indie cred. I just genuinely don't like what they like. That's okay, isn't it? Pitchfork, Stereogum, Fantano and that whole group like a certain type of album. I'm not saying that type of album is inherently bad or pleb it's just not for me. I just don't go for it.

That cool?

no
you do it for attention and you know it

LOOK AT ME LIKING ALL THIS STUFF FANTANO NEVER REVIEWED

jokes on you though because if Big Fan never reviewed it its because its CRAP

Yeah, but do you even give it a chance? I don't think it's fair to say "Pitchfork, Stereogum, Fantano and that whole group" only like certain types of albums.

can someone give me some good recs from this year? haven't delved too far deep into electronic and folk releases, so if you know any good albums in those genres lmk.

wait ppl liked this crap? lol

do you have a rake and scrape link?
nothing on soulseek or what.cd

I did for a couple of years. At a certain point I just don't want to waste the energy listening to those albums when I could be listening to something I enjoy.

They do like certain types of albums, though. I can't recall any of them giving major daps to an album of traditional regional music or free improvisation. They've given daps to pop albums influenced by those things, sure.

pic related for folk

did you not like new autechre?

kind of retarted xD

>AOTY thread
>mainly nigger music
Please develop some taste

as someone who is also mostly "ugh contrarian" i think we could all get along and even benefit from each other. we can show each other our music and discover stuff we like from each other, like you could give the typical indie p4k person some obscure twee pop or indie rock album you found while they could give you the popular albums that are actually worth listening to.

obviously thats never gonna happen lol

lol

not him but i do give them plenty of chances, and sometimes they're right (blackstar, xiu xiu's twin peaks) other times they're pretty wrong (moon shaped pool, painting with) so for me they tend to be pretty hit or miss. obviously there isnt any perfect reviewer or music finding source but i prefer to look for music in other places.

>folk
even oxen - arrayed above the seraphim lights
dear laika - s/t
glenn jones - fleeting [if you're into american primitivism]

yes, but share the music.

haven't listened to the new autechre. honestly i haven't listened to very much autechre at all. thanks for the rec tho.
thanks dude

None of them liked PW. I love AMSP but could see why someone wouldn't.

any fans of 60s-70s prog out here? if so, if you're a trve prog fan im sure you know of Bubu, an argentinan prog band that made a pretty popular album back in 1978 and disbanded right after. well, 38 years later, they dropped an EP! it's fantastic, even though they only have one original member. highly recommending it.

>electronic
theres the popular ones like autechre and aphex twin, but i havent looked into the popular electronic stuff at all this year
theres also this stuff

Monolake - G M O [minimal techno]
Dagir Du - Uriel Wavv [ambient, sound collage, grime]
Kel Valhaal - New Introductory Lectures on the System of Transcendental Qabala [sequencer & midi, not an actually good album but oh boy is it funny. it's like if you took the ark work and stripped all of the metal parts it has and put in hunther rapping]
Vysoke Celo - Makrokozmosz és Mikrokozmosz [space ambient, berlin school, for fans of tangerine dream and other similar bands]

>one of these isn't trap
bold

runb4muattacks

I don't get the appeal of Blonde. Ivy is the only song I can tolerate

2deep4u

It's the most normalfag album released in months

I like you guys a lot. And you guys can help change the culture of this board

I'm so I like a lot of the albums that get attention from major music publications but I love seeing gentle music nerds. you guys ("Contrarians") usually have pretty great recs and have the best interest of the board when you guys are nice. I think where people like me ("drone") usually get upset is when somebody has a list of albums that doesn't seem completely genuine. But as long as you genuinely love the albums you shill, that's all somebody w/ love for music can ask for.

Keep up the good work ("Contrarians")
Love you guys

These are my 8.0+s

16. Anenon – Petrol

15. dvsn – Sept. 5th
14. Kendrick Lamar – untitled unmastered.
13. Animal Collective – Painting With
12. Anderson .Paak – Malibu
11. David Bowie – Blackstar

10. Danny Brown – Atrocity Exhibition
9. Preoccupations – Preoccupations
8. Blood Orange – Freetown Sound
7. TV Girl – Who Really Cares
6. Francis and the Lights – Farewell, Starlight!

5. DIIV – Is the Is Are
4. Frank Ocean – Blonde
3. Radiohead – A Moon Shaped Pool
2. Frank Ocean – Endless
1. Bon Iver – 22, A Million

Pretty disappointing year outside of the top four though.

you're an assclown but I see waclaw zimpel & klara lewis so I'll let your pedantic antics slide

Oh I ment to add after the genuine taste part:

>When somebody has a list of albums that doesn't seem completely genuine
...yet will shun other peoples taste

That's definetely part of the frustration on Cred Forums

His best album.

nice dvsn and tv girl. im not so high on frank though.

I just checked out Oddisee. Thank you user.

I hate to sound like a broken record but it's actually been a terrific year. You just need to look harder.

Wildflower, Blond(e), Weezer, TMWF, and IV
Like nigga, I wanted to like all those too... But they just weren't that good

Wildflower was pretty good. especially the second half.

>DIIV – Is the Is Are
Completely forgot about this album

Pretty fucking good at collecting dust on my shelf

I really like IV. Wildflower was really good but not perfect. Weezer was okay, better than their last. TMWF was bleh again. Blonde is goat.

I still have so much in my backlog to go through. It's been an alright year I suppose.

you have B.O.B on here twice, stay off Cred Forums, your taste is utter shit

are you the same backpacker from plug.dj?

>I like you guys a lot. And you guys can help change the culture of this board
i don't think that could be possible, sounds like a difficult task for me to take on
it would be nice to see mu fixed tho, plebs and contrarians living together in harmony. but that would take part of the fun away

Live & Direct is fire. I doubt Earth will stay on until the end of the year though.

Nope. I'm on RYM and that's about it.

what the hell is all of that?

got a link for that new Bubu?

I've been a fan of them for like a decade at this point, or I guess their own album, but I didn't know they released new shit

All pretty much different kinds of hip hop.

i'm sorry to be the newfag but how do you make these charts?

most people go to topsters and make one

I'm an asshat and use gimp+ms paint

neverendingchartrendering.org
or
topsters.net/
or
just use paint

Oh and this list is in order from left to right

bubuprog.bandcamp.com/releases
enjoy

Favorites from 2016 in no particular order:

albums:

Astrnautalis - Cut the Body Loose
Beautumn - Bordeaux
Drape - Let There Water Air
Dweller On the Threshold - Vol. II
Fog - For Good
O'Brother - Endless Light
Saroos - Tardis
Western Skies Motel - Settlers
William Ryan Fritch - Clean War
William Ryan Fritch - New Words For Old Wounds
Yoni & Geti - Testarossa
H.P. Lovecraft - Lovecraft in Black Series

EPs / singles:

Drape - Forage
Massive Attack - Ritual Spirit
Odd Nosdam - (Lost Haunted Remains) / PSE3
Western Skies Motel - Generations
Saroos - Dirty S3cre3t
Cremation Lily - The Currents Misled

I wish more people would take an interest in Western Skies Motel.

Great album. He'll be releasing his 3rd album this year next month.

I notice Useless there but not PP2. Also what is the album in between Andy Stott and Eternel Grey. That cover art looks really good.

How was Fog? I've been meaning to listen to it since I love Andrew Broder in Hymie's Basement.

awful order then

But that's the wrong Book of Angels album

Here is Scaruffi's list.

its the new Inter Arma album - Paradise Gallows

I guess the reason the ordering isn't the best is because I haven't listened to some of these albums enough to let them grow on me. Some of the albums at the bottom may well be at the top by the end of the year.

ey bra

I thought the GC mixtape was pretty lame, whatd you even like about it?

ICE was absolutely bangin and got me excited, Demo of Flames was a big letdown imo.

there have been a ton of releases i haven't gotten to yet like amsp, wildflower, 22am, and the new nick cave, as well as i definitely want to listen to atrocity a couple more times. i think i need to give thugger another try too. these are what stood out for me aside from those left out though.

Scaruffi has such bad taste, I can't believe he thinks he's relevant

is the right one 28 or 29? I haven't heard either just yet. Give me a day and I'll be caught up.

Islah is shit desu

It's the AutorYno one.

I think blackstar deserved the hype, the others I can agree more or less

>blackstar doesn't deserve the hype
what the fuck did he mean by this

It means he's not afraid to spit the truth.

Listen to Bish Bosch, already.

>malibu
>widely publicised
pick one

Thanks.

The wild experimentation on the beats completely blew me away. I was expecting something similar to ICE but didn't get that at all. It's much much darker than ICE. I don't know if its gonna stay as AOTY for me but it's definitely good. Different strokes, different people I guess. I liked ICE but was hoping it could get a little bit more experimental and Demo was just that.

>likes woods and andy and he doesnt like paak or chance or radiohead
he gets it

This Fog album is fucking fantastic. Really thought out and immaculately put together. Probably my most played album this year.

>omg its the guy he spams bish bosch

''no''

There is a serious lack of quality in that album

I sure hope so. Gonna give it a listen tomorrow.

it got hype from npr and nyt and all that shit.

It may not be Cred Forums core but it's honestly what I've enjoyed the most this year.

i feel like the only one

I thought that Gallant album was somewhat decent. Not great in my opinion, but Im glad that some people enjoyed it more than i did

>Steve Reich - Works: 1965 - 1995 (Reissue)
Ha, is that technically a 2016 release? According to last.fm i've played it the most of any release this year and that's saying something considering average song length (and my King Gizzard addiction)

how do you guys find all these albums that never get discussed here?

this made me proud to be british

I don't find most of the music I listen to here anymore. I used to when I first starting browsing Cred Forums. Now I kind of follow a few record labels, plus artists who I already like, and see what they recommend. Plus seeing what projects people I already listen to have been involved with, seeing what THOSE people are about, etc. etc. Just research and spiderweb from stuff you already know.

I've probed Bandcamp pretty much daily and I go to my record store every week; I can't find anything worth listening to this year

Bandcamp, RYM Digging, Sharethread Lurking, lesser known music reviewers and literally just following musicians on twitter. They'll sometimes advertise a record or something they're featured on or friends with the artist.

I find that difficult to believe, to be honest.

I can't stop listening to it. Will easily be in my Top 10 releases this year and I have no hesitation in driving 2 hours to see him perform it live this month

I look through distros like hardwax, juno, boomkat, following record labels, and talk to people on slsk

following labels and artists like through twitter?

Okay whatever you want to think lol
good numbers

>Danny Brown
>chance
>Frank ocean
Why the fuck do I still come here

that works, through twitter they also rep music they like.

discogs is also good

These aren't really organized, just how quickly I thought of them.

I fucking love textures.

i liked it alot. not top 10 for me though

Fuck, I forgot about Skeleton Tree.
Now it's organized
>Row A: Pop
>RowB: Rock
>RowC: Rock round 2 + clipping.
>RowD: Electronic

Useless > PP2

loving every laugh

never change, Cred Forums

This.

>cool story bro

Are you a middle school boy from 2011?

no particular order

looks like a fun thread

but seriously, come december 90% of the AOTY charts posted on Cred Forums will look like OP.

watching people post these lists is like watching my parents try to figure out a smartphone. everything is so new and mindblowing to them.

what the hell is this album?

Image search. It's nice.

faggot

meh

Western skies motel are definitive for "I'm trying too hard please trash my opinion"

William Ryan Fritch - Clean War

He also released the equally as enjoyable New Words For Old Wounds this year, and mid October will release his 3rd 2016 album, Ill Tides.

Helping people. It's nice.

Explain.

Their music is literally paint drying

The only appeal is the album cover/image surrounding it

Hard disagree. I really enjoy it. No, it's not an EXCITING album to listen to, but that's also not the point. I think calling it drying paint is just inaccurate. The second half of the album showcases some really talented guitar work.

Please don't lash out because of your short attention span.

Thank you.

No, the album is nice.
I'm handing you the fishing pole not my fish.

This has been one of the angriest AOTY chart threads I've ever seen. And I was around in 2013.

really digging this new, sophisticated woods. nice.

now that was angry year for music!

SUN
BAT
HER

YEEZUS EVERYWHERE

bad times

People complain about Cred Forums now but 2013 was a fucking horror I tell you that.

I could almost kinda tolerate the Deafheaven and Vampire Weekend spam but the Kanye West shit was just too much.

everything sucked this year except this

huh. love all those records-- maybe if i were here then that would've changed my tune.

Came out last year, bro

>chillax.pl
didn't get released internationally until this year.

That doesn't matter lol. Original release date.

>albums
rockist scum get out

ok whatevs. enjoy your life.

average kinda year, couple nice releases

always a pleasure seeing your picks, they don't really cross over with mine so I always get to hear some goodies

exception being the rake&scrape, I got the cd for my mother and she loves it

Replace 22, a Million with TLOP & Car Seat Headrest with The 1975's album and you actually have a pretty perfect list.

You can't be serious.

Thats cool as, never realised how well received it was.

I stumbled upon it by accident, then realized since my mother is from the caribbean & her birthday is in february, it'd make the perfect gift

Sorry, I am.
Cred Forums & others will smack the shit out of that 1975 album, but it's incredible.

Was it a sudden thing or had you had an inkling before?

I was wondering what to get her, and since I spend too much time listening to music I thought "hey what if I made myself useful and got her something she'd like to hear". She loves calypso/soca/parang/rake n scrape/ripsaw/etc so when I saw it I just had to get it

Any recs for artists/albums? Its hard to really find trve local music outside Smithsonian for most of these and my feeble attempts googling just gets the most commercial trash.

Right there with you, although I prefer their self titled

Wish I could tell you but it's mostly my mother & her siblings that are into traditional caribbean music. I hear most of it and get to check out my uncles' vinyl collection during family meetups. All I remember clearly is Daisy Vosin and a record label that was either named "rh company" or "rh productions"

Alright cheers, will explore

EVOL doesn't belong but the other three are great albums

1. Nicolas Jaar - Sirens
2. Frank Ocean - Blonde
3. Oranssi Pazuzu - Varahtelija

Is Still Brazy actually a decent album? I only listened to FDT which i found to be hillariously bad but i guess that doesn't have to say anything about the rest of the album.

Its actually really good desu. Great production, has a very cohesive sound production-wise. Rapping is above average, story telling and political songs also are strengths to this album

Yeah, City Sun Eater is probably my most listened this year. I was really surprised by how tight the whole album is.

Eola- Dang
Animal Collective- Painting With
death's dynamic shroud.wmv- Classroom Sexxtape
Fantasy Guys- On Poppy Island
Mild High Club- Skiptracing

also, happy birthday Cred Forums.

Young Thug "Jeffery"
Sun Kil Moon & Jesu "Jesu/Sun Kil Moon".
Young Thug "Slime Season 3"
Young Thug "I'm Up"
Angel Olsen "My Woman"
Crystal Castles "Amnesty (I)"
Zomby "Ultra"
Cass McCombs "Mangy Love"

Honorable mentions; Deftones - Gore and Nao - For All We Know

Yes

>every 2016 album that Cred Forums raved about

God some of you are so dull it hurts

Havent heard many new releases this year, mostly ive liked the new ones by Animal Collective, Deakin, Bowie, Deerhoof, BBNG, Angel Olsen and Avalanches.

Form your own opinions you fucking pleb

I still have a lot of stuff to catch up on

>im up
>slime season 3

stop

Its on Spotify

Same OP. I've only listened to a hand full of projects this year so far. Guess I'm burnt out for last year.

What ive heard:

IMPERIAL
BITTSM
TPAB
Theres Alot Going On
ASAP

In no particular order

>also the lack of attention that Devon Welsh got this year is disheartening

misunderstood genius

this is mine as of right now

This. Nigga's got soul.

fuck off toby you coward

Final three are honourable mentions.

Jesus, I bet you would empty your bank account right now if it meant you could put half of your tongue inside of Fantano's asshole.

At least try to form your own opinions, fuck.

you've made a list of the top 13 albums... why not just make a top 16>?

insecurity: the thread

was too long, could of cut at least 5 tracks

Some of my favourite LPs/EPs
Still gotta lot of stuff to check out.

clipboard acting retarded

Where do I make these things?

topsters

>how is that new JCL?
its definitely on the noisier side and a couple of the tracks are throwaway but the meat of the album is gorgeous

Youre clearly a fucking idiot then. Why do you think Cred Forums raved about these albums? Because Cred Forums enjoyed these albums possibly? And why would they be on my list? Because maybe I enjoyed them too? Sorry that i don't spend all day digging through rym in desperation because my taste isn't vastly different from everyone else on this board. Fuck off.

flow heavy with great bars.

Where can I make ones with these layouts?

Topsters.net

Who's this Fantano fellow you speak of?

Blackstar is the greatest album about death ever made.
New Bon Iver sucks just as much as everything else he's done.

[complaints about top 1 and 2 being obvious choices]
[something about Niechec not being original]
[something about Lemonade not being fashionable on Cred Forums]

how do I make one of these

that's been answered in this thread numerous times

dont be a lazy ass

yep, aoty for me as well

why is it that these threads never take off unless the OP has a chart full of meta albums that people will shit on

>you probably haven't heard it

Do you wake up every morning and just think to yourself "I'm going to be the biggest fucking clichè possible today."?

ayyyy
did you catch his tour?

tfw not familiar with any of these albums