Is this the pinnacle of music?

Is this the pinnacle of music?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOAUroLJnRc

Also what if this album actually had gotten released when it was supposed to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I18eoTqx8xY
youtube.com/watch?v=RcWzjepFv2c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's shit Brian

if you don't recognize Good Vibrations as the pinnacle of Smile you've been blinded by the ghost of unreleased things being "better" than released things. Maybe Surf's Up could challenge it, but that's it.

I think we're actually at the point where it's almost as if Smile did come out.

It's a widely recognized classic now and the current reconstructions really make it feel like a complete album. It practically rivals Pet Sounds as a popular music fan favorite among the people who would care about any Beach Boys albums even though it wasn't released at the time.

I'm old enough to remember when Brian Wilson Presents Smile first came out and that album was a giant revelation - the people who had reconstructed Smile were there on the Internet, but it was really a tiny group of Beach Boys enthusiasts. Today it feels as if the story and music of Smile has always been part of the Beach Boys story.

Nice quads bruh

Nah, this is

youtube.com/watch?v=I18eoTqx8xY

quads with a well balanced opinion

Girl Don't Tell Me is underrated as fuck

ooooo get ready for a lot of butt mad avant teens

not as good

OP have you heard the instrumental take of the tag of cabinessence? ULTIMATE raga rock

Post it, senpai.

youtube.com/watch?v=RcWzjepFv2c

listen closely at about 0:27, one of the greatest uses of an eastern melody in a western pop context

There is no bigger BB fan than me. But this is just dreadful. Meaningless discord and items tossed in just to toss in. It shows why the modular construction that produced "Good Vibrations" was a lucky one-off affair. "Heroes and Villains" while modular and pleasing is not in the same league as GV. This is the kind of thing that back in this day would get the next record put on. The BB were lucky that "Smile" remained a fantasy for so many for so long . . . otherwise this junk would have removed the word "genius" from in front of Brian Wilson's name.

fuck u tim blessing

>The crow flies uncover the cornfield

Dammit Brian! What the fuck did Van Dyke Park mean by these lyrics. They make no sense and we're not ever recording it or releasing it. You already fucked up once with your Pet Sounds project. I'm not gonna tell you again! Don't fuck with the formula. Our fans pay good money and expect a certain sound from us!

Nice blog

>This is the kind of thing that back in this day would get the next record put on.
Yeah by the type of pleb who wanted them to keep writing songs like 409 maybe.

Your argument basically seems to be that they shouldn't have gotten experimental because a lot of people would have found it too weird and moved onto more straightforward music. Shut the fuck up

Reminder they did put out modular, experimental music and no one cared.

wow is this from the Noddy soundtrack

>if you don't recognize Good Vibrations as the pinnacle of Smile you've been blinded

Ok dad. The verses are good but that chorus is too corny.

Whats corny about it?

Nothing, user's just being a faggot

I'm sorry it wasn't a Death Grips meme or an ambiguous snarky comment that could fit on a fortune cookie

>There is no bigger BB fan than me.
see: katelynn