Cred Forums approved pop punk/emo? Stuff like The Story So Far, The Front Bottoms, Neck Deep, Moose Blood, State Champs...

Cred Forums approved pop punk/emo? Stuff like The Story So Far, The Front Bottoms, Neck Deep, Moose Blood, State Champs, etc. What bands do you like that fall under this category?

Other urls found in this thread:

fourfa.com/
fourfa.com/styles/index.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=vtF0JhjG26k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fall out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, the list goes on really...

>the front bottoms

You mean Tom Delonge ft Mumford & Sons?

Want to know how I know you're underage?

Jokes on you, My Chemical Romance are better than any of the bands OP listed

like 90% of these bands have the same sound and the same sort of lyrics
turnover is pretty cool

State Champs is an absolutely shit band.

Motion City Soundtrack are a fucking cool band (RIP). Modern Baseball is great. You Blew It! rules.

I just wanted to know if the pretentious people on here listen to stuff like this, I have only listened to one or two bands of the ones I listed and I'm not a big fan.

yuu'll like the stuff in the second wave / twinnkly section the most

lmao

Set Your Goals - Mutiny! was a great album. The rest of their stuff sucked.

I like that one Neck Deep song.

Mayday Parade were a huge guilty pleasure band for me for a while.

Get Up Kids!
Joyce Manor
Basement
Saves the Day
Taking Back Tuesday (their first album)
Hotelier
Jeff Rosenstock
Aye Nako
Jawbreaker

that's the stuff I enjoy that I would consider pop punk

'Something to Write Home About' by the Get Up Kids is a classic. I love that record.

Yeah, yeah. Sure. I had a pop punk phase too. Pic related is a great and under appreciated album. It was my favorite album by my then favorite band from middle school to high school. You should check out Say Anything if you haven't. Also, Joyce Manor is awesome too, especially their debut.

This

PUP is pretty good.

hell yeah

I caught them live, and it was fuckin intense!

they are gonna be in my town soon. I'm definitely gonna try to catch them

Don't miss it! It will be so worth it!

You should. I drove 4 hours to see them, and it was so worth it!

>State Champs is an absolutely shit band.

this is such a bad chart

how so

>nu-pop-punk
>"I HATE THIS TOWN EXCEPT MY FRIENDS, MY GIRLFRIEND IS A SLUT FUCK WOMEN, BUT I'M A MAN WITH FEELINGS WHO CAN'T OPEN UP AND I'M ALWAYS THE VICTIM, FUCK MAINSTREAM!

'first wave emo' didn't end in 94, there were still plenty of bands doing that sound at the same time that the 'second wave emo' bands began popping up, most of which I don't really consider emo, it's more like emo-tinged indie rock, maybe 'midwestern emo' is okay, but stylistically it has more influence from indie rock bands like built to spill and superchunk with the mood of emo.

the screamo section is kind of a bad introduction to screamo,I wouldn't call yaphet kotto entry level, most people start screamo with orchid, saetia, pg99, joshua fit for battle, and only one of those bands is on that.

It just kind of looks like one person's personal tastes and not really a good overview of a genre.

Screeching Weasels is probably the only pop punk I actively listen to.

Agreed

ya i get that it was just the first Cred Forums emo chart i could find lol. it still establishes the different styles and waves of emo albeit poorly. the midwest emo section (the one the oP would prolly be most interested in) is good apart from a couple random albums that are kinda weird starting recommendations.

One of my favorite album.

>twinnkly section

why isn't it called twink section?

fourfa.com/
fourfa.com/styles/index.htm

youtube.com/watch?v=vtF0JhjG26k

Anyone here enjoyed this? Pezz was really nice too.

idk, it'd be hotter that way tho

honestly i feel like this would be a worse introduction. no one looking to get into a genre wants to read pages and pages of text differentiating between "emocore", "emo", and "hardcore emo"