I'm interested in dada

I'm interested in dada.

I'm interested in dadaist music.

Do you think postmodernism has rendered "dada" moot in contemporary contexts? If not, what are some of your favorite examples of dadaist music? Historical favorites?

Other urls found in this thread:

openculture.com/2016/02/hear-the-experimental-music-of-the-dada-movement.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Besides FloriDada's title this album is not dada at all, but the music does actually reflect it's cubism influence.

best dad album that I know of

I don't think a single AnCo release from the last five years can be considered dada.

Do you consider dada dynamic, or static?

Actually, never mind. That's a moot question.

I felt like a lot of the lyrics even outside of FloriDada were anti-bourgeois. Definitely not your normal AnCo lyrics.

I just want some confirmation that this post is a joke.

I think it is but I'm not sure.

I think it is too.

Hope this helps.

What do you think the new manifestation of dada-esque aesthetics and experimentation in music will emerge? Is it already?

It helped. Thank you.

*Where do you think

how do you feel about dean blunt? is it just a meme that you dislike him?

what's so terrible about molly & aquafina?

I love Dean's work. I've listened to Attitude Era incessantly in recent weeks.

I don't think there's anything terrible about Molly & Aquafina.

Hmm. Little to no contributions to the thread. Not particularly surprising. Oh well.

I appreciation those that did contribute.

alright, since you've answered my question i'll contribute.

btw how do you feel about the threads made about you? loving the attention yet?

ever since that israeli homo guy I haven't seen a trip being this memed

love dean blunt btw. favorites are black metal, gil scott hering ost, stone island, babyfather

if you rly want to get into dada you have to start at the foundation. listen to Schwitters, Ball and, yes, Erik Satie.

then listen to the people they influenced. some guy already posted TMR but certainly that's not beefhearts only record and (imo) not his best by any stretch.

I much prefer safe as milk, shiny beast and doc at the radar station

openculture is always cool:

openculture.com/2016/02/hear-the-experimental-music-of-the-dada-movement.html

Unty do you really hate women? Do you have my gf? She's nice you know..

>I appreciation those that did contribute.
>I appreciation

Dada is nearly a century old. Only entry level artfags cite it. It's more often than not a buzzword to legitimize laziness in art.

It's like trying to be innovative in 2016 by playing ragtime music

This

Some fucker with a mustache is starting a ragtime band RIGHT NOW

Thank you.

I dislike it.

I don't know why people make threads about me or find me interesting. I think I'm extremely boring, an opinion to which I attribute much of my loathsome circumstance.

I haven't listened to Gil Scott Hering OST. I'll listen to it tonight.

>Schwitters, Ball and, yes, Erik Satie
Thanks. I'll investigate each, and then those they influenced like TMR, Talking Heads, etc.

Some coincidence that you'd post that article. I stumbled on it a few days ago. It's still in a tap, waiting to be fed through the queue and read.

Thanks again.

I don't hate women.

Typos exist.

I know it's nearly a century old. That's the basis of my question, and why I asked if dadaism could feasibly find some reformation against contemporary aesthetics.

I'm bringing back wax cylinders

complete bullshit

only fags care about relevance either way

I don't think Dada could find reformation, neither do I think it should

most likely the next big movement in art will be some traditionalist; "back to the roots" movement, which will produce close to nothing of worth and then give birth to something more interesting

Duchamp changed the art world of the 20th century more than any other man did, maybe with the exception of Joseph Beuys.

This cannot be replicated anymore.