Holy shit, why did nobody tell me about tinnitus?

Holy shit, why did nobody tell me about tinnitus?

I mean I figured I could lose my hearing, but tinnitus is a whole different thing.

I was suicidal about it, and now I've come out the other side where I don't care about it anymore. It took two years. I feel like it's actually rewired my whole personality, like I got hardened by joining the army or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qetxNwezkcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whats it like? Free blog post if need be.

Just exactly how fucking loud did you listen to shit to get it? I listen to stuff at roughly 55% volume and I have no early signs whatsoever.

Pretty loud, I don't remember specifics. It was mostly a coping mechanism for my anxiety problems. Getting tinnitus when you have anxiety problems is a surefire way to either die or become a different person.

It's just like it sounds. Constant ringing. What you don't expect is how it will affect you. Hearing is intimately tied into emotions, especially if you're a music lover. So it actually triggered massive grief for me. I was grieving for the fact that music was now full of regret.

Now I don't have regrets, because I don't think of that old me as even the same person.

Just from headphones or from playing an instrument or from going to live shows?

sry to hear user x

All three. I've spent a lot of time just in front of the brass section.

> I listen to stuff at roughly 55% volume

you know this means nothing to anyone else right? we dont know what you are listening to, or on what, powered by what? saying 55% is like if someone asked you how many calories you eat in a day and responding with I only eat 5 bites.

lmao babby ears

On my phone, autist.

what's up with all these tinnitus threads latelly

if you makes posts this stupid I bet your have hearing damage, it does not take long at not even very loud levels to start degrading the human hearing apparatus, permanently.

again you stupid fucking moron, depending on how the music was mastered, the impedance of the headphones and the amp section of the phone mean that 55% means nothing to anyone else, I was just pointing it out, calling everyone who is more educated or informed then you an autist is weak as fuck.

dummy

Gosh, I remember being a tryhard pseud that didn't know that there is largely only a marginal difference on most signed music

But keep going. You're impressing everyone with your knowledge

Cred Forums's core base is getting older

What do you think? It's the latest epidemic of civilisation. Everyone has earphones on now.

Invest in audiology.

It obviously affected this guy's grammar.

not the person you're responding to. Do you mind not being a massively pretentious cunt? Use a bit of imagination because I know that you know what 55% volume would sound like on the average phone nowadays. And please for the love of god stop going on an anime image board to start an argument with people for the sake of arguing. You aren't fooling anybody and please don't even bother posting in this thread anymore unless you want to embarrass yourself more

you don't really know what you're talking about do you? the actual problem is that we can't know how loud "100%" let alone "55%" on his device, actually is.

you 2 faggots seem made for each other, a pair of stupid sore assed crybabies who cant handle being called what they are.

cry harder you salty little cunts

thats the same problem, if you cant identify any single part of a logarithmic scale then its a given you cant identify the rest of it either.

This guy..

I guess I'll be the only one to agree with you, since everyone here apparently knows nothing about how maximum audio volumes vary greatly between phones. 55% means nothing.

He's right though you samefag mongloid. No meed to be so sore about bein called put for the moron that you onviously are.

wtf, that's the exact point he's making

why are people insulting this guy, he's absolutely right. "N% volume" for any N is meaningless.

i've had it for about a decade.

you just sit in the quiet and then the buzzing kicks in and grows and grows until it becomes absolutely deafening. then you go do something and it dies down a bit and you forget about it.

then it comes back. repeat every few minutes in alternating fashion for your whole life.

gg no re.

literally the same its changed my personality 100x over for the better i think but really hasnt helped with depression

>for your whole life
If your tinnitus is caused by nerve damage (and most tinnitus is), then there is a plausible story about how stem cell treatments could be available in the next decade.

They might be very expensive though. Also, it's possible that you'll keep "hearing" tinnitus as a phantom pain even after your nerve is repaired, just because human brains are shitty.

>could be available in the next decade.

believe me: i hope you are right and i am wrong.

is that what that's called? A kind of high bitch whining noise like when you first turn on an old CRT tv right? I just never sit alone in quiet. always have some music on with headphones when i'm chilling on the comp turned down pretty low, and i've learned to sleep with a fan on. It's pretty horrible when the power goes out and there's no storm outside though.

why are people disagreeing with you? user's making a valid point.

underrated

You guys are in the minority. Most tinnitus is minor. If your ears are physically hurting then stop listening to music so loud.

For some people tinnitus is like music in their earsyoutube.com/watch?v=qetxNwezkcg

>If your tinnitus is caused by nerve damage (and most tinnitus is), then there is a plausible story about how stem cell treatments could be available in the next decade.
This is the only hope I have, AFAIK it should be possible I'm like 10 years. I'm glad I have no money problems because I'll probably be able to afford it. Will it restore hearing too? Getting rid of tinnitus and also getting god-tier hearing with it would be the best day of my life.

Daily Yoga. The effects of Yoga are cumulative so you so once you've done it enough the tinnitus should no longer bother you though you probably won't want to stop since Yoga is amazing. You also have to be an idiot to listen to music on ear buds or headphones. Invest a high quality speaker system to avoid making matters worse.

Also supplement magnesium, research indicates it has a protective effect (and perhaps restorative) effect on the inner ear.

You don't understand. He isn't listening to whole volume, only 2% volume.

FYI if you take lots of aspirin it exacerbates tinnitus. I thought I was losing my hearing a while back,but found that it's a side effect

>never sit alone in quiet
this is the only solution. never stop listening to something at all times

decade dude here.

i literally forgot i even had it till this thread.

shit just becomes a part of your life and fades into the background in surprising ways. i mean it's still there in full force but it's not. life is weird like that.

if any user out there feels like they might be getting it don't freak out that badly. it doesn't even phase me in regular life.