GORILLAZ

Will their newest album be the best album of 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7hxK545y-8A
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. It'll be really good though.

I'm hoping that it will be the best thing they've ever created, though I doubt it, as there is nothing suggesting that.

Who do you think they'll collaborate with? I remember there were rumors earlier in the year that they had recorded something with Bowie and that they were working with Grimes

that would be so good.... I hope the album has some good features

Why do I love every Gorillaz album yet I think Blur mostly suck?

You sure about that?
>Damon has been writing music for it since October 2014
>It will almost certainly contain some Plastic Beach outtakes, most of which sound incredible and better than the songs on PB
>Bowie may show up
>There are well respected producers involved
>There seems to be focus on the characters, which could give the album an interesting narrative/storyline
I am fucking hyped

Hmm, in that case I just wasn't payingattention. Now I'm hyped, thanks.

Damon will never make anything as good as the s/t or Think Tank agin, and if you've heard The Magic Whip, you know his voice is shot. I'm not that excited, but I've got at least some hope.

>his voice is shot
I think he still sounds good here desu
youtube.com/watch?v=7hxK545y-8A

Because most of Blur were holding Damon back for the longest time.

Probably because Blur is a pretty straightforward four piece rock band, whereas Gorillaz don't have any restrictions and are more interesting

I doubt it, I'm trying not to let my hopes up so I'll end up disappointed but Albarn hasn't managed to disappoint me yet. Plastic Beach was great but not on the same level as Demon Days.

i have only listened to plastic beach once and i really didn't like it whilst the first two albums are fantastic, i'll probably give it a re-listen but it didn't sit well with me. is that an opinion anyone shares, or am i being too harsh on it?

It'll be a 8/10, like all the high-production Gorillaz albums.

>working with Grimes
this kills the hype

21 Pilots

>>rap
It'll be shit

I hope so.

It has some major low points but also some of their best tracks. It's hard to compare it to Demon Days and s/t when it has utter dogshit like Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach, Pirate Jet, Superfast Jellyfish, and Doncamatic on it.

>Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach, Pirate Jet, Superfast Jellyfish
wtf those are great
>Doncamatic
not even on the album

>Superfast Jellyfish
>utter dogshit
ONE

it'll be aight at least. I mean, apart from democrazy and arguably the fall albarn has had a pretty good track record

Well luckily those two albums were made just to kill time during touring

>Pirate Jet is great
>mfw

>not even on the album
it was a bonus track and was performed on the Plastic Beach tour, it counts.

doncamatic was never a bonus track on any edition, it was just a single to break even

Itunes included it with Plastic Beach.

I like Blur but they have a lot of samey sounding boring songs, whereas Gorillaz are pretty consistent.