He's not a critic he's a bully

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_abuse
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's both and he's not very good at either.

What should one keep in mind when reviewing music?

He's a misogynistic shitlord tbqf

poor corey

1. Your job is 1/1000th as important or respectable as even the worst artist making art.

2. Taking two days to review an album that took 2 months, let alone 2 years to make is just disrespectful.

3. Good art mostly comes from places you wouldn't expect and often from places that aren't "cool."

4. Trashing an artist's work is literally the same thing as trashing a person, so don't do so flippantly. In other words, be nice. You putting out a review isn't half as brave as them displaying this deep part of themselves for you (even if they tried and failed to).

The only thing Fantano really is is a shitposter. Nothing more than that.

and

5. If a lot of people like something without it having to be marketed, and it's respected by other artists, there's a good chance it's good, so don't dismiss it if you don't get it immediately.

So what you're saying is that almost every album has it's reedeming qualities and should never be completely thrashed? I do agree with that, but in which review has the melon given less than 4/10?

His rating system feels off a lot of the time. It's like he says 6 and means 3-4 (when giving reasoning).

He also gives way more 8s than he should.

Also, and this has been a big thing notably with Odd Future related artists, he seems to have this knee-jerk reaction to hype that makes him seem really biased. Anti-hype is just as bad a hype, at the end of the day.

I kinda missed the days when he pretty much only did reviews and generally ignored Cred Forums. He's becoming closer and closer to FilthyFrank but that kind of comedy doesn't really transfer well...
Also his fans are fucking rabid. It's awful. It's reaching Leafy-tier retardation.

Giving an album a numeric/star rating makes you a hack and you'll only end up creating a fan base like Fantano's who only listen to his "I Love These" section and nothing else. Just explain why you do or don't like an album and give a recommendation on who might enjoy it, that's all a review needs.

agree with all but 1)

an artist is not more respectable than a carpenter is not more respectable than a roger ebert or a piero scaruffi

I agree with you and you seem like a nice person. An underrated character quality. :)

yes and yes

fuck filthy frank, fuck leafy twice

there are some viral youtube memes that actually are o.k., those two are just shit mixed with vomit mixed with piss

yup. this is why tnmt is still my fav review site, even though they can be """""artistic""""" at times, like that arca review.

He does give scores of less than 4/10 and when he does it's pretty much a circlejerk of him shitposting about why the album or artist or whatever are garbage.

But it fits his style. It's easy to behind all the memes and the shitty 'internet' humor.

Him doing that Corey Feldman review really rubbed me the wrong way. This is a man who was brutally and continually molested throughout his early life as a child star and then, in his 40s comes out with this really strange and delusional music, and you make a long-form video trashing him? It's not even easy pickings at that point....I just couldn't watch more than a minute of the video. Leave the poor guy alone. Fuck.

The best thing is him continuing his meme crusade on twitter.

Bringing in the meme $ by building the ironic asshole persona kids buy in. Jesus Christ, dude needs to grow up.

Boycottano,

Hmm, I have never realised that numbered rating system is that bad when I think about it.

yeah its really retarded, and encourages a really irresponsible type of listenership.

thanks much

> No chest hair
Is he even a man? Lost the little respect i had

/thread

seriously tho, assuming normal hair growth dont you have to shave like every other day in order for it to be this clean shaven?

i know it only takes mine like 2 or 3 days to grow back and i'm not even arab or balkan

This is the same person who actively makes Meme Reviews and is buddies with FilthyFrank and h3h3, his credentials as a "legitimate music reviewer" are obviously dead in the ground and have been for a while. He's pretty much an entertainer first and foremost (at least now) and he knows nobody wants to see him be fair and diplomatic towards an album that blatantly isn't very good.

maybe he shaves it
#aesthetic

I agree

Shaving chest hair? Do you shave your vagina as well?
"Men" who shave are not worthy of the title. Your fur is part of what distinguishes you from females. Embrace it.

I think the music criticism sphere would be so much healthier and more respectable if they dropped ratings and focused on writing. You don't see art critics assigning ratings out of 10 to a Van Gogh work.

wow this body is disgusting

NIGGER are you fucking retarded?

can you READ?

because if you did you'd realize that I usually don't shave

I do it once every few months and so should you, you look like an abomination dude ugh

by the way you're ugly as sin and the combination of pale skin (leave your fucking house) and overt hair growth is repulsive

>Your fur is part of what distinguishes you from females

confirmed virgin

pro tip: most women shave once a day or at least every other day

you never had ankorea, japanese, indian, turkish girl?

it shows

What are you,a marble sculpture? Can't handle a real hairy man?

>current year
>real man = hairy man

> I don't shave
> Only once a month
You don't deserve to be called a man. Why don't you chemically castrate yourself, it's obvious that is your subconscious desire.
> Confirmed virgin
Unlike you, I'm gay,and i get to experience masculinity on both ends, on myself and on my lovers. You on the other hand don't experience it at all... Unless your girl has more balls than you. Yeah, that's likely.
I'd show you my manhood, but it's a blueboard. Haveyou bought new razor blades this week?
> Complaining about my white complexion
What are you, a negroid?

Post nudes next.

>t. Pretransition mtf

I'm pretty sure the positive reviews are backhanded. Also, Shadilay.

>once every few months

>somehow you interpret this as "once a month"

how have you not killed yourself yet? seriously, I've never seen someone who is actually this fucking stupid

>all that gay shit

yeah okay enjoy your dick you special snowflake

>What are you, a negroid?

no, I'm a tan, white, central European and you're still disgusting

>Literal Faggot
>calling others Trans

Where the fuck am I, is this real?

real fulfilled people who are okay with reality don't feel the need to post images of themselves to literal strangers online to reinforce an ideal self-image, your insecurity is showing. im looking forward to the denial

>not realizing those reviews are sarcastic

Step up your comedy Amazon review game.

Also, those positive YouTube comments are for "Go For It", the best/only listenable song on the album.

> Showing what is beautiful is now insecurity
I'm sorry you butt cheeks are still burning from the wax depilation, but the beauty is to be shown and seen by all. Your jealousy of my fur is showing
> He didn't quote my exact words, therefore his arguments are invalid
Are you sure there's no little hairy spot you forgot to shave on your body? You better take care, don't want to look like an actual male, right? Gotta keep the smooth 12 yo girl skin. I may be gay,but even sorrounded by dicks and coverd in cum, I'm still manlier than you will ever be.
The same goes to you, Bartholomew. Being gay doesn't affect my manliness, as much as being straight hasn't helped yours by the least.
I bet you all couldn't get past a pubestach even if you tried hard. Sorry the Y chromosome isn't strong with you. Don't reproduce and end your pathetic unmanly lineages, problem solved.

I feel like it upsets people that he makes a living creating video reviews of music and they are jealous because they couldn't do it.

This thread reminded me to unsubscribe

Your forgot to attach a picture of your body hair. It really loses its strength without one.

If you insist so badly

Maybe he's upset because he makes reviews of (people making) music and he's just jealous because he can't do it.

You look ugly in that one,but cute on this one I'm having a hard time deciding...

solid beard desu
not so solid opinions on masculinity

For (you). Sorry to disappoint, my fur is beautiful, but I am not.
Enough attention whoring. Have fun shaving the man away, waxed bitches, I'm probably gonna be banned for off topic. I've been banned for far less before...
Thank you, senpai. Shame you didn't post yours, either.

>I may be gay,but even sorrounded by dicks and coverd in cum, I'm still manlier than you will ever be

so you are a gay man who admits that being gay makes him less manly

you're so fucking pathetic lmao.

consider this: bodyhair and sexual orientation, the amount of times you have sex in a given week, the maximum speed of the car you drive and the amount of weight you lift does NOT make you a man

what DOES make you a man is sticking and acting according to your principles, whatever they may be, taking care of those that you love and being honest about your past mistakes.

a man is only defined by his actions.

or are you gonna tell me that someone suffering from cancer can't be manly because he lost his body hair?

you're probably the biggest retard I've seen on Cred Forums

Did you lost your hair because of cancer? No? So drop the fallacies for a while, shaggy dog.
Shaving is an action. Getting rid of male characteristics is an action. Very beautiful speech about ethics and moral you got there, but it doesn't change the fact that you're as manly as my chihuahua.

I don't understand why does he pay attention to these 'NOT GOOD' albums anyways. It only proves his laziness in this topic so why bother making some review about it in the first place.

Dude what is this nerd doing itt. Just shut the fuck up and go attention whore on /r9gay/ or some shit.

fucking shit Cred Forums, what are you doing

felddog just want to be positive man.

>Unlike you, I'm gay,and i get to experience masculinity on both ends

>Not fucking qt femboy twinks

pleb taste tbqh

>Giving a negative review is easier than a positive one

He actually has his star rating on the Atrocity Exhibition Wikipedia page

Hahahaha what the FUCK

Since when is he considered a real reviewer?

Also, he gave the album a 9, I feel like a 4.5/5 would be lower than 9 on a 1-10 scale.

FilthyFrank and Leafy? Hell no! Melon's is now becoming a Sam Hyde-tier edgelord!

Eh, it depends onn the people curating the article.
Usually when somebody adds a needle drop score, it gets contended.
It seems that Danny Brown values Fantongo's opinion highly, or at least he did back when he wasn't a huge dick, so it makes sense that he's there, I guess.

He's an Alt-right pundit.

>he can't grow chest hair

So 4.5x2=9, just some simple math for everyone under the age of 10.

why don't you suck my dick fuck boy

In 8 years when your hairless little nub is legal you can bring it right on over.

4.5 x 2 is simple math, trying to figure out how to get your micropenis to actually penetrate through your rolls of fat requires a doctor.

holy fucking shit dude

the fuck happened in this thread

bump for interest

I want him to bully my boypussy

Thanks for the reminder, gotta watch all the newer fantano reviews.
You guys act like you're tired of him but at least half of the people here watch his reviews even if it's just for the odd album they're really interested in. There's no sense in lying and saying you don't like having your taste validated.

Stop bullying Corey

wtf? I hate memetano now

wow sounds like someone can't take criticism lmao

Fantano is alt-right now and will vote for Trump. He's seriously deluded.

based user

i hope you're enjoying your internalized homophobia, bud. quit trying so hard

T. Corey's Angels itt

Fantano has been shitting on trump on twitter since the debate

He also said straight up that he didn't support Trump in one of his podcasts, don't remember which it was

Lol yeah keep denying that he's an alt-right mouthpiece.

His pathetic Podcast channel is full of Milo Yahomopolis interviews.

wow, another one of those "you can't give your opinion because you don't do what they do yourself !"

Being a critic is a job, just like being a musician, they give your opinion, you agree, you disagree, whatever. You don't have to take it for granted, it really is just an opinion
And please, that video was funny and you can't deny that Feldman album IS god-awful. Yeah the video is a little mean and he could have just ignored the album but who cares, really

>Trashing an artist's work is literally the same thing as trashing a person
This is so not true. Just because you shit on someone's work doesn't mean you have anything against that person, you're just saying that said work is not true.
When you say someone's work is bad doesn't mean you're saying that person is bad, not even that they're shit at what they do, you're just acknowledging that they fucked up on that one piece of work. If anything, it's helpful to the artist if he's mature enough to take the criticism.

>people on the internet are so mean!
take your tumblr trash somewhere else faggots

This isn't cyberbullying, this review single handedly will stop Corey from being taken seriously. He is a patrician and deserves to be treated as such.

Sometimes bullying is deserved.

if people are smart enough it won't
too bad people are dumb
though love, maybe corey should stop being a sad dipshit too

>Shillary

If Fantano knows so much about music why doesn't he make any good music?

>it's ok to mentally abuse people because they're strangers

LEAVE ANTHONY ALONE REEEEEEE

It's not black and white, ya dumdum.

>mental abuse
just close the window you dumb fuck holy shit get a life

>spoken word is not music

Tell that to americlaps

This pretty much
If Corey wasn't ready to face criticism, he should never have put his music out there, its that simple. If he can't handle criticism that's his problem, not Fantano's

What is the deal with this? Is this album supposed to be ironic? Am I missing the point? Even if it is ironic, it still sounds awful and I cannot appreciate it at all. Explain.

Always remember, judge the art, not the artist.

He should only review the album in a vacuum, and not bring Corey or his life at all into the review, or having that change the way he looks at the album. This however also applies to you user. The amount of beating an album gets should not be reflective of the life that the artist itself has lived. No pity scoring here son. I'm not going to give your album any less of a hard time that I would give to a different album, regardless of the life of each respective artist.

There is a different between constructive criticism and a coordinated attack against the mind and soul of OUR Corey Feldman.

>boo hoo this rich famous guy gets a bad rap i should defend him
who cares if he got molested, he's a grown man with lots of money, if anyone can get over shit its rich people

>hair distinguishes me from ladies
huh. for most of us its our cocks

yeah those good reviews are sarcastic

no man would own such a faggy dog.

All art is true.

>Also, he gave the album a 9, I feel like a 4.5/5 would be lower than 9 on a 1-10 scale

step your ratio game up you doofus.

Fuck you. There's a reason I didn't pass high school math okay.

Fuck math anyway, I didn't need to know my times tables to study film.

I meant "you're just saying that said work is not GOOD", not "true", sorry about that

I really hope this a troll

you need to be 18+ to post here

>having loads of money magically makes you happy and forget about bad things that happened to you

Why would I be trolling?

How can I be in college yet be underage? Think before you post, dumbass.

>lying on the internet

Because only people mentally handicapped would not be able to figure out that 4.5 * 2 = 9

He's not a bully he's a bandwagoning faggot

>having loads of money makes shrinks and therapies seem like a not so hard thing
>having loads of money means you can buy things to distract yourself easier
ftfy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_abuse

More like theneedledick amirite?

it's funny, because I remember he used to not give albums like this the time of day. remember that limp bizkit review where he just made the smoothie or whatever? and now he's backpedaled on that, reviewing obviously terrible albums all the time cuz that's what his fans like. i've read on Cred Forums a few times that fantano is the worst example ever of a meme becoming self-aware, and I couldn't agree more. his reviews have always been terrible (he just kind of describes what the albums sound like and says if he likes them or not) but for the past year they've just been worse than ever.

>it has a wikipedia article so it must be true
i just created a wikipedia article with my own sources saying the exact opposite, no who's right? omg wikidilema!

>(he just kind of describes what the albums sound like and says if he likes them or not)
That's what all reviews are like

>what are references

>patricarchy and wife assault: the ecological fallacy
stopped reading right there

what is the "t. [insert name here]" meme about? I haven't been to Cred Forums in a while

Aw what's wrong, need a safe place where words won't hurt you?

Try

>implying those are actual scientific references
i give you 2/10

Which one, out of the 104 sources cited there?

MEME

analysis is kind of an important 3rd step there.

Sure thing melonhead

What do you mean?

Lol yeah I totally want a fanbase that doesn't actually give a shit about me & never actually watched a video, and have no respect from any actual music journalist. Definitely totally jealous of that :)

Actually kill yourself, no one is jealous of Fantano lmao.

Read a real critic like Christgau or Lester Bangs sometime

Find me a well thought out and intellectually stimulating review that he's written.

Protip: you can't!

>Christgau
"this isn't punk. F"

Oh, you didn't read him and are buttmad that he doesn't like some metal/prog album. K dude

Both of them describe the album then say if they like it or not.

Nice try

Nope. Neither p4k or Fantano go into abstract moralizing/social theory like Bangs or sarcasm/gonzo style like Christgau.

That's no excuse for making shitty music.

>abstract moralizing/social theory
Unrelated to the music and thus irrelevant

You, my friend, are a tard.

Hi Corey!

MEME

As I've stated before, it only proves his laziness

>You putting out a review isn't half as brave as them displaying this deep part of themselves for you (even if they tried and failed to).

Well thats not true, since the shitiest albums are the ones which are lacking "displaying this deep part" .

accurate

Hi Anthony!

>Posting a negative review of an album constitutes psychologically abusing someone
I know its a meme to defend this album like back when SB2H came out but for fucks sake

How god tier it is

How is P4K or Rolling Stone any more of a "real reviewer" than Fantano? At least Fantano isn't literally owned by a corporation.

Because the reviews on P4K or Rolling Stone don't have channels that review memes.

Quote me where I said that.

P4K had a "Year's best memes" article last year. They also had an article about "best songs for female masturbation", "the unbearable whiteness of indie", and a ton of other shit that is more ridiculous than reviewing memes.

Corey pls

he's making money on youtube tho so everything he does is for views so he can get more money

just because he makes money doesn't mean ALL HE CARES ABOUT is money. he constantly pisses his subscribers off by trashing popular/acclaimed albums (recent examples, Travis Scott, Schoolboy Q) which literally causes people to unsubscribe from him, stop watching his videos out of anger, and thus he LOSES money.

Meanwhile P4K literally won't give anything remotely popular less than a 7.

Because if you're gonna review an album actually review an album instead of blatantly talking about the surface level of it in as memey of a way as possible.

If you think his Corey Heldman review should be on the site you're an idiot and it's laughable that he's getting butthurt over this.

Anthony Fatmano is the Tyler Perry of music criticism.

Reminder that this fat bitch literally spams threads about himself

>Meanwhile P4K literally won't give anything remotely popular less than a 7.
>Painting With
>Rodeo
>Amnesty (I)
>Clipping

Which of those are Top 40 pop artists?

>remotely popular

Spongebob

They gave usher 6.6 recently, if that's what you mean by "anything remotely popular"

Just this year they thrashed Magic!, Macklemore and blink-182's new albums

There sure is a lot of autism in this thread

far more ridiculous and not at all self aware

I know a probably a thousand people who don't know what an Animal Collective is
Nice cherry picking
Nice cherry picking

>remotely popular = top 40

autism

How is that cherry picking, they are top 40 artists

god damn you're taking Ls

Isn't misconstruing the concept of popularity to only apply to small subdemographics more autistic?

Because you intentionally overlook the Top 40 artists with high scores?

Odd Future is just total shit and everybody knows it.

you said "they don't give anything popular less than a 7," I demonstrated this wasn't true, you dismissed it for some reason

quit being a bitch

Quote me where I said that

I have to admit I like Anthony, but that review was in poor taste. He didn't have to do it at all, let alone it being almost an hour long.

>Meanwhile P4K literally won't give anything remotely popular less than a 7.

Reminder that the people defending this album are just memeing. The same shit happened with Dead Petz and that fucking Kid Cudi album. Everyone called those genius and patrician as a joke and this is the same shit.

When did I say that?

You don't have to enjoy an album to think that he's clearly unwell and an easy target and Mandingo taking an hour to systematically rip apart an album we already knew was bad is mean-spirited and a shitty excuse for a review just for ad revenue

Wrong, Corey has soul. His story is one that needs to be told, and only vile perverts would disagree.

point #2 is so important, hard to believe anthony is giving albums a fair amount of time when he churns out reviews ever day