Most of these people will die within the next 10 years

>most of these people will die within the next 10 years
Who will go first? Who will be the biggest deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

ringostarrart.com/art/ringo-2013/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musicianship_of_Brian_Wilson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musicianship_of_Brian_Wilson#Musical_influences
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_the_Beach_Boys#Influence_on_music
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

faul

Paul already died.

Keef will outlive them all, someway, somehow

Dylan will go first,paul will be the most important.Mick Jagger will probably live (and manage to stay famous somehow) forever

he's a vampire
bowie and prince's life essence will already sustain him for another decade

the only one that will truly fuck me up is paul simon

Elton John will be awhile, and he will have a gold coffin. Fairly big deal. Someone will sing candle in the wind.

Ringo Starr will be around 7 years from now. Then we will be forced to hear some awful songs when he is covered on the news, people will say they "loved" photograph.

Bob Dylans death will have the biggest impact on people who care about music. The News will place too much importance on his early protest stuff unfortunately. He doesn't have much time left.

Mick Jagger won't be a sad death. Will probably come sooner than expected. Wont get overwhelming tributes, but will get a lot of news coverage.

I hope Paul dies very soon but he will probably outlast most of these. He will be posthumously recognised as the true leader of the Beatles, and Yoko Ono will get upset.

Keith Richards will get a day, Tops, in terms of coverage. Oh, I thought he already died, they will say.

Yes. And yet he will not get the respect of any of the 6 above. Absolutely Disgusting

All of them deserve it

Fuckin washed-up hacks

Thom Yorke

no

theyll be fine

You underestimate the popularity of Keith. That guy is still the quintessential rock star to a lot of people

Keith Richards because he will outlive all of them, proving him the true Rock n' Roll legend that actually made a pact with the devil

I always thought that was stupid. Mick Jagger was cooler in literally every way, Keef just sort of looked cool and played rhythm while Jagger is a sex symbol

>All of them deserve it

That's not what your mom said last night.

Keith will probably outlive them all but he seems like the biggest turd out of all of them.

Ringo seems like he's the nicest guy.

Roger Waters and/or David Gilmour will make me very sad.

Paul and Dylan will have the biggest impact desu

Why is Ringo still alive?

Mark Knopfler will be saddest one for me - mostly because I adore his late 90's / 2000's solo albums

The only musician deaths I'd actually be sad about are Paul, Eno, Cohen, and Van Morrison

Ringo gets way more credit than he deserves. He plays the drums like a actual autismo

Morrissey when

hopefully those talentless hacks around Dylan and Paul go away first

Paul and Bob Dylan are the only ones that are going to get a big reaction from people. Ringo as well, particularly if he's the last to go. Although personally i'd kick out Elton, Mick, Keith from the OP Picture and put in Brian Wilson.

but you know what he can do?
fuckin art ringostarrart.com/art/ringo-2013/

More people care about Keef and Elton John than Brian Wilson

>hippy dippy peace trash
This is so bad

not when talking about music tho

Leonard Cohen

Still. Plus Brian Wilson is extremely overrated by critical revisionism, the Stones still had more impact on the world at large.

125. Moz is vegan, remember?

"wow I'm so crazy doo wop wop" =/= music

>A positive message? wow what trash!
Spotted the Swansfan

A peace sing in rainbow colors isn't a positive message, it's kitschy 60s-nostalgia garbage.

>I don't understand the message so it's just nostalgia garbage
Maybe you are upset that you can't sell your MS paint noodlings for $2000 a pop?

Uh, doo wop is indeed music yeah

All of that is true

but here on Cred Forums no one will give a keef about Keith, and we'll all be wallowing about Brian

>Untitled 9
>$6000
>sold out

>an Elephant Foot
>$1800
>sold out

These are my picks

>10 years
They'll all be around in 10 years, in 15 years most of them will be gone, Paul's obviously will be the biggest one, I wonder if he'll still be active until he croaks, still desperate for relevance making songs with whoever's the current hottest artist

Mick looks how Moot will look in 30 years.

Paul will definitely be the biggest deal, but Dylan deserves it more.

>somebody paid 3 grand for this

Jesus christ, people are stupid.

Everything he's done since the 80's has been absolute shit.

apart from frog chorus, obviously

>critical revisionism
how so? his music was incredibly influential on 60s pop music

How do they compare to the Dire Straits albums?

hell be fine

delete this

How so?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musicianship_of_Brian_Wilson

Link isn't working for me. Better explain in your own words.

The link works fine you faggot.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musicianship_of_Brian_Wilson#Musical_influences

All true except keith. He's a rock god to some although he wasn't even the best Stones guitarist

>Moot
who

>He hasn't listened to Flaming Pie

How long has he got? It'll hurt bad when he does.

No, not really. Everybody was following the Beatles and the Stones, the Beach Boys had little to no impact (except that which they had on the Beatles), and their best albums are just complex sunshine pop with sound effects.

Hipsters and indie "music lovers" just want to find an old album they can overrate so they don't seem like they're listening to uncool dadrock but obscure, forgotten masterpieces or whatever

Keith was a mixture of a degenerate bad boy and the genuine, shy, kind guy

>Mick and Keith are already dead inside
>Elton has enough money to treat his aids 20 more years
>Paul still got a few more crossovers left in him
>Ringo is the cleanest out of all of them
Dylan

?
He's only 76.

see
also, you're an idiot and you're completely wrong. honestly there are so many genres and bands influenced by the beach boys that it would take me way too long to list the amount here but just look at this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_the_Beach_Boys#Influence_on_music

>their best albums are just complex sunshine pop with sound effects
what a bullshit criticism lol, you could literally apply it to any band

>Everybody was following the Beatles and the Stones
and the beatles and the stones and the velvet underground and countless other bands were closely following brian. brian created the california sound, pioneered the concept album and the idea of an album being a cohesive work of art, basically created psychedelic rock, baroque pop, and power pop while also having huge impacts on progressive rock, punk and post punk, sunshine pop, and new wave/synthpop in the decades afterwards.

there have been entire books written about how much brian changed the field of music production and studio effects

even if this is bait i think some people genuinely believe this in the world so this post was still worth writing

Keith Stewart is an assshole. Im not saying Id be glad if he died. I'm just saying he's an asshole

see

>brian created the california sound
That was The Wrecking Crew
>pioneered the concept album
That was Frank Sinatra and Woody Guthrie
>the idea of an album being a cohesive work of art
That was The Beatles
>basically created psychedelic rock
That was The Byrds, Bob Dylan and misc San Fran bands.
>power pop
That was The Beatles
>impacts on progressive rock,
That was Frank Zappa
>punk and post punk,
That was Velvet Underground and The Monks
>sunshine pop,
That was The Beatles again.
>and new wave/synthpop in the decades afterwards.
That was Krautrock

You are not doing so good.

mu/thread

Dylan will go first, Paul will probably be the biggest deal, but Ringo will allways be the saddest...

*arsehole

I will probably cry when Roger dies.

why do you keep referring me to this? it has no relevance

>That was The Wrecking Crew
no, it wasn't

>That was Frank Sinatra and Woody Guthrie
just because their work was cohesive and thematically similar doesn't make them concept albums. this was your only somewhat accurate point in the entire post though, so you get some credit for that

>That was The Beatles
by their own admission, it wasn't

>That was The Byrds, Bob Dylan and misc San Fran bands.
this is just plain, unarguably wrong. kind of embarrassing

>That was The Beatles
>because one band influenced the genre it means another band can't also have
ok.

>That was Frank Zappa
Frank Zappa was the sole originator of progressive rock? wow that's crazy

>That was Velvet Underground and The Monks
again wrong. the ramones specifically cited the beach boys as a huge influence. and if you were going to use your dumbass "argument" where you list other influences as if it totally negates any influences the beach boys had on a genre, you may as well get it right and list actual important protopunk artists like new york dolls and the stooges

>That was The Beatles again.
this just has to be bait

>That was Krautrock
no, krautrock was AN influence. not the ONLY influence, and that seems to some up your entire post

>You are not doing so good
fucking lol

jeez man, it's not like they chose to get old.

and to add to this, i can't imagine being so absolutely butthurt about the idea of a lesser known/misunderstood band getting critical attention that you'd literally try to deny incredibly well known facts about music history. it's insane.

hating things that are "hipster" just because some people like them for the wrong reasons (in your opinion) is, ironically, a great way to totally box yourself in taste-wise and be the same type of person you claim to hate

>he hasn't listened to The Fireman
>he hasn't listened to Chaos and Creation

>It is relevant if Brian influenced someone
>it's not relevant if someone influenced Brian
Deluded as fuk
>>That was The Wrecking Crew
>no, it wasn't
Why not?
>just because their work was cohesive and thematically similar doesn't make them concept albums
Same with Pet Sounds
>by their own admission, it wasn't
By Brian's own admission, it was his inspiration for Pet Sounds.
>this is just plain, unarguably wrong
Look it up.
>Frank Zappa was the sole originator of progressive rock?
Loom it up. Fits more than Pet Sounds
>again wrong. the ramones
ooops I guess you didn't realize that both VU and The Monks predated the Ramones.
>this just has to be bait
Look it up
>krautrock was AN influence. not the ONLY influence
Yet Brian dicking around on a synth WAS the only influence? Selective reasoning at his best.
>Lesser known artists like The Beatles, Bob Dylan, velvet Underground and Frank Zappa!??!?!
>"hipster"
Please come up with a real argument.

who gives a shit about elton john seriously

don't even know who half of these are tbqh

>>it's not relevant if someone influenced Brian
yeah, it's not fucking relevant because we're specifically talking about the beach boys and their musical legacy and who they influenced, not brian's influences. are you retarded?

Brian had created the California Sound with "Surfin'" before the wrecking crew had anything to do with him. do you even know what the california sound is?

>Same with Pet Sounds
Smile was a concept album through and through though

>By Brian's own admission, it was his inspiration for Pet Sounds.
so? we're talking about influence on power pop, not who influenced who in the 60s

>Look it up.
i have, you're still wrong

>Loom it up. Fits more than Pet Sounds
no it doesn't

>ooops I guess you didn't realize that both VU and The Monks predated the Ramones.
ooops, i did though, you fucking retard. i was using the ramones as a quintessential punk band in order to argue that they took heavy influence from the beach boys. why would i use an actual punk band as an example of who influenced punk music? i can't tell if you're retarded or if you just aren't even reading my posts at all

>Yet Brian dicking around on a synth WAS the only influence? Selective reasoning at his best.
I never said it was the only influence, i don't know why you think that. you're trying to totally deny the beach boys influence at all

>>Lesser known artists like The Beatles, Bob Dylan, velvet Underground and Frank Zappa!??!?!
>>"hipster"
>Please come up with a real argument.
i honestly don't even know how to respond to this. the lesser known artist i was talking about was the beach boys you absolute idiot

bob dylan or paul is the biggest deal
I think paul

>yeah, it's not fucking relevant because we're specifically talking about the beach boys and their musical legacy and who they influenced
Well if you bothered reading the links you'd see that his ideas weren't really his own. it was just recycled ideas by other artists. If you really think about it, people influenced by Brain really weren't, were they?
>Brian had created the California Sound with "Surfin'"
Oh is that your rubric? Then Dick Dale, The Ventures and Link Wray actually invented it, they did it before The Beach Boys.
>Smile was a concept album
What was the concept? State it in one sentence.
>we're talking about influence on power pop,
If we are, then see A Hard Day's Night, which I think pre-dates Pet Sounds significantly. Also The Turtles predated it as well, come to think of it.
>i have, you're still wrong
[citation needed]
>no it doesn't
[citation needed]
>i was using the ramones as a quintessential punk band
Sounds like your mistake. Research punk rock.
>the lesser known artist i was talking about was the beach boys you absolute idiot
Good Vibrations is one of the most popular songs of that decade. They are a very popular artist. Maybe you've seen the recent movie about Brian Wilson?

8 years. Some guy will sing Old Man at his funeral. Cred Forums will officially name Transformer Man as his best song

>Well if you bothered reading the links you'd see that his ideas weren't really his own. it was just recycled ideas by other artists. If you really think about it, people influenced by Brain really weren't, were they?
..................................so literally any artist who comes up with anything can't be credited because he took influence from people to create his art? okay then cavemen making drums out of animal hides are the only true artists. what a dumb fucking point.

>Oh is that your rubric? Then Dick Dale, The Ventures and Link Wray actually invented it, they did it before The Beach Boys.
no, they didn't. research what the california sound actually is and get back to me.

>What was the concept? State it in one sentence.
>It was conceived as a musical journey across America from east to west, beginning at Plymouth Rock and ending in Hawaii, traversing some of the great themes of modern American history and culture including the impact of white settlement on native Americans, the influence of the Spanish, the Wild West and the opening up of the country by railroad and highway.[21][83][30]
nice try though

>If we are, then see A Hard Day's Night, which I think pre-dates Pet Sounds significantly. Also The Turtles predated it as well, come to think of it.
hmm, you keep doing your fucking stupid "the beach boys can't influence any genres cuz i can name other bands who also may have influenced them!!1!1!" thing that i already told you is wrong

>[citation needed]
i'm not going to do the research you desperately need to do for you my man

>Sounds like your mistake. Research punk rock.
>totally misunderstands my post and responds like an absolute idiot while making it apparent that he's musically illiterate
>says it's my mistake
ok kid

>They are a very popular artist.
that's why i clarified with "misunderstood", because most only see them as an early 60s surf band you should work on your reading comprehension, it's shit

But they did.
They could have killed themselves.

I wish they were all dead already. except for ringo. ringo should never die.

Paul Simon

Guys why do you have to ruin every thread by taking the bait

they've got some time, but the day they go will be a rough one

At this point we need to be wondering what kind of world we're going to leave behind for our children and also Keef

paul will be the biggest deal, especially if ringo dies first.

I just saw Roger this past Thursday and that's all I kept thinking while I was there
Holy shit I'm gonna miss them...