youtube.com/watch?v=OmzMIvW_HX4
youtube.com/watch?v=nWgiNhTjIhU
youtube.com/watch?v=8B1oIXGX0Io
youtube.com/watch?v=EzR56x1Yjek
youtube.com/watch?v=6sr7BXinJMw
youtube.com/watch?v=btWpuuomEkE
youtube.com/watch?v=f8SdSgDvups
youtube.com/watch?v=fx8-5eTIGhU
amazon.com/Silvertone-Guitar-Package-Liquid-Black/dp/B0002D0HZ8/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
youtube.com/watch?v=VkjVvTRP1h0
youtube.com/watch?v=RggRFyVUiZA
plini.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=mel6MPEE4Nk
youtube.com/watch?v=SAsYBH-81ow
youtube.com/watch?v=Ed53uohqGbw
kijiji.ca/v-guitar/calgary/fender-squire-stratocaster-and-peavey-30watt-envoy-amp/1202655499
kijiji.ca/v-guitar/calgary/fender-squier-classic-50s-vibe-telecaster/1203398993
soundcloud.com/airbornmartin/matt-lange-consider-this-airborn-remix
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What are the best exercises for alternate picking?

I just bought my first guitar, a Peavey Raptor plus (beginner stuff) and a Kustom dart 10 amp. What is the first song you learned ?

Judas Priest - The Ripper.

jesus christ retard just stick your finger into one nostril then the other why would you need exercises to do that

The first song I learned was smoke on the water in like 3rd grade

Thanks i'll look it up

Hit the string going down and up for a long time at a steady pace

let's try again

what does Cred Forums think of source audio pedals?

Post your voocaroos

Is it even possible to get a bright clean tone with HH? No matter what knobs I mess with everything sounds way too warm for a lot of purposes.

Are 460 dollars a good price for this Tokai MAT MIJ from 1987?
Found one nearby and I'm interested in a new electric guitar.

smoke on the water, and right after that burn also by deep purple... my teacher was fucking crazy

The rhythm on One Day by The Church

RHCP - Californication

Can I post here too

Highway to hell

Is that a guitar or bass?

Any britanons on here got any advice on the best place to sell gear online?
Bought an amp and repaired it, ready to flog it now. Ebay or gumtree, anything better?

youtu.be/518zoaOY4qE

Saw a duo last weekend, the bassist was playing a Kydd upright electric, good show.

Look up shred style instructional books

Terrifying Technique is good if you're autistic enough to stick with it

BUMP

this isn't Cred Forums user

>russian flea market
Stolen or counterfeit?

Sorry. Didn't realize that I couldn't bump my reply for answers outside of Cred Forums.

Did you fucking google it you heathen?

Like a Stone - Audioslave
It's the first and only song I can play back to back.

The guitar? Yeah I googled the guitar.
Very little info to be found, really.
That's why I ask here

More like be fucking patient, you child.

Wait around for a couple of hours and give people who might be able to help you a chance to read the thread

Did you go to ebay and search closed auctions?

Yeah, but I can't find the same excact model

Maybe, it the frets are good. They trade around $400 or so retail, some much higher. If the frets are worn and need replacing then $250 to $300 MAT's are basically plastic/fiberglass Strats, and for $460 you should be able to find something nicer.

While it's true for some cases, when you're tapping or slapping, a compressor can change your attack to suit the sound better, plus for those techniques, it's almost impossible getting as consistant as a compressor. I'll agree on calling someone a little bitch for using a compressor with fingerstyle/pick.

I really want an EUB but even cheap starter ones are too expensive for me.
I gotta admit, I'd probably just spend a lot of time making weird noises with it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ubv6ZpRP-KM

I think you forgot to feed your cello

But you found all the similar models that can give you an estimate of the deal you are getting?

Yes. There's always room for cello.

took me no time

What makes you guys write within a particular genre?

I get really inspired to write sometimes but I just have no idea how to decide where to start. I mean I think It'd be cool to write songs in a bunch of different genres. And I don't think that choosing a genre to start sounds like a good idea anyway, like you'd box yourself in too much.

What are /gg/'s setups? Post and rate others.

>millennial concerns

I often get inspired by a particular sound. Whilst these are often specific to particular genres they are by no means bound to them.

I fucked up and thought I was smart and patient enough to switch string gauges on my guitar with a FR. I watched like 200 videos on how to do it, and it still took me probably 20 hours to get it into it's current state, which is too much tension on the string side but I literally cannot tighten the claw screws for the springs any more.
Plus my strings keep popping out of the saddles. It's just like WAY too much tension.

>floyd rose
Why do people use these meme atrocities. For that matter why does anyone use a whammy bar at all, all they do is put your guitar out of tune.

Did you change the gauge?

>For that matter why does anyone use a whammy bar at all
Because it goes "Bwwwwwaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhhh"

Yeah, that's the only reason it's a problem. I went heavier and I knew I'd have to adjust for that, and that's what I'm too retarded to do.

I think there are some artist that use it pretty goddamn tastefully, polyphia would be a lot shittier if they didn't have the whammmmmy

Protip: use another spring

Is there not going to be too much tension overall in the whole system? I had a lot of problems with my strings popping out at the saddle even though I'm sure I tightened those all the way.

>ESP horizon through a mustang
please give your guitar the amp it deserves.
pic related, not even bothering using an amp these days because this thing is shit. and also because I havent gotten around buying a soldering iron to fix the jack output

Is it an actual FR or a shit knock off?

Hello Thomas, please fix that pickup selector too.

very nice. i like those better than the solid body electric uprights

Got a Blackstar ht stage 60 venue sitting at home. It was too fuckhuge (and loud) to bring to college. I miss her :,^((

Nice. My guitarist has one and it sounds great

I put used to bend the ends at 90 degrees and stick them under the saddle blocks on my old schecter when the strings would pop out. Fixed the problem for me, lad.

you mean the plastic little condom on top of it ? I don't care so much about it, I think I lost it three months after I got the guitar.
Gonna change what the different positions do and add a bass cutoff knob once I get a soldering iron though, position 4 cuts 3/4 of the frequency range of the guitar and it sounds just off.

I kinda get what you're feeling, left my 12" speaker at home because my appartment's too small for it, and it would just be useless. Going to use amp sims + my micro dark's preamp instead, it sounds good enough to practice.

Well, it's Ibanez' version on one of their higher-end guitars.

thnx bb

>good enough to practice
Yep. The only way I can get my mustang to sound like anything other than an underwater granny shitting in a blanket is to crank the gain all the way up and add some reverb and chorus. Good thing I play metal anyways.

Shoildn't have a problem with that. I'm not sure what you are doing wrong. What gauge are you trying to go up to? You mentioned too much tension, how many springs on the claw?

What are some essential skills I need to develop to jam with other people?

I'm kind of a music autist. I know chords and some basic scales but I want to develop my skills so I can jam with other people with CONFIDENCE.

I guess some backing tracks would be good for starters.

Thx

2 currently. Went from 10-56 to 11-58.

What's the best toolbox app for Android? Is there anything that has like a tuner, metranome, and scales and all that in one? I hate having 400 apps on my phone.

Just fiddle with your choice of instrument and when you find something interesting just write around it. Or make it an intro or something. Try to imagine the big picture and how the song will turn out. Idk man. Thats just my workflow and everyones are different.

i mean really if you already know a few chords and can noodle around on scales you're probably ready to jam around. learning more and playing with a metronome would be good too

You need at least 3, that's why your having so many problems, like other user said, add a sping.

Yeah you need a third spring.

Before you do that i recommend blocking your bridge with a piece of wood or something so it is set in correct position. Tune up the strings and then take a look at your neck relief. It is very likely your truss rod needs an adjustment to account for the different string gauge.

Then add third spring. Then level off the bridge.

cause someone rustled much jimmies and called em all ugly in the last thread.

Okay, will do. Thanks. It had 2 on it stock, and I guess I didn't think going slightly heavier would make such a huge difference.

So, best course of action should be to block the trem so it's sitting perfectly level how I want it, then add the spring. How do I go about adjusting from there so that when I unblock it the whole contraption doesn't explode and kill my whole family?

With my band I get to do noise breaks, J Mascis-esque solos and make fun noisy pop verse and chorus riffs.

When I'm at home and plug in my tele thru tube screamer w/ a simple slapback into a clean amp, it makes me wanna bust out some bendy alt country stuff.

Lately my main thing is fingerstyle acoustic after getting inspired by John Renbourn, Suni McGrath, etc. That started when I got my first nice solid wood acoustic.

Something that helps is listening to a lot of guitar music, knowing what you wanna play, learn some of the classic songs in that genre, and then buy yourself a piece of gear that reflects that genre. Having genre-specific gear is just fun.

Achewood - Sullivan's Bear and the Dried Bird.

Learn scales. Watch out for the drumers rythm. Play a lot using metronome. Find out wich is the key of the jam at the moment. If you are a solo guitarist, aply a scale in a key which fits the chord progression. There are plenty of backing tracks on youtube in different keys. Just use those till you get confident enough to jam witb real people.

match the drummer. stick to just pentatonic positions, chords, and the major/minor scale if you're a beginner. First time jamming is usually basic 4/4 rock stuff. Practicing with a loop pedal HELPS a lot.

Take the strings off when you add the new spring. Loosen the existing springs by a couple turns then install the new spring so that it is the same position as the other two. Add strings, bring up to partial tension, see where your bridge is, adjust spring screws to compensate.

Back the claw screws back to where they were, add the sping, start tuning it up, the block will get loose if you have too much tension on the string side, make adjustments as you go just until the block is slightly loose and it's tuned. Then you can make any fine tuning adjustments.

Any guitarists wanna collaborate on some 80s themes/synthrock?

soundcloud.com/airbornmartin/sets/synthrock-1

Stratfags, explain yourselves. What do you like about the stratocaster design? I personally hate the asymmetrical look.

It feels fine to play. The reality is it doesn't need a symmetrical look since we don't have a second pair of arms coming up form our toes to play the guitar from underneath as well as above.

I don't actually own a Strat but they strongly appeal to me. I think double horn guitar designs are definitely preferred among guitarists, not just us fenderfags. They are comfy as can be for a single coil setup, along with the Tele. but if you're rocking really hard you're gonna want something else. The knob placement sucks.

Quick poll for /gg/

Where do you keep your guitar after playing?

strawpoll.me/11341538

>soundcloud.com/airbornmartin/sets/synthrock-1
hey, you followed me a few days ago on Soundcloud. I'd love to collab but I don't have a decent recording setup right now. maybe in the near future.

right next to me, balanced against the wall or the table, that way if I want to play again I can just grab it.

Check out guitartuna

acoustic and tele get stands. the more valuable guitar is stashed in a case under the bed.
my apartment is small, so they're all easily within reach.

depends really, but most of them go back on the wall hangers. finally was able to get my entire set up situated so everything is actually tidy

ok, just message me on SC when you're up for it

onto its comfy bed

Can someone make me some recs please?

I'm looking for some upbeat jazz-kind of music, stuff like
>Chuck Berry
>Hendrix
>Skip James
>Otis Rush
I like playing upbeat stuff where I can improv. I've been listening for a while now but a lot of it is slow.

Take Five, it's rather simple even.
youtube.com/watch?v=FhSBK8VaLss

Parliament maybe

that's a fucking jaguar you retard

>2 guitars that are just getting dusty
>barely know anything
I keep putting something I really want to off
>also multiple midi keyboards that I haven't touched in years
gimme motivation moo

smoke weed
that's what I do for motivation
also go for a walk or something, get some exercise

Yeah I know I just saved it off some website and forgot to change the file name

>Cred Forums
>moo
this is /gg/ you fuckin casuals

OKAY GUITAR GENERALâ„¢

You tryna be smart here, cunt? It's /gg/

I'm going to sell my Washburn Mercury . 20 years old but like new. I'll only get 240ish

Weed's useless if you're bad at guitar, you'll have a blast but you'll play and sound terrible. It's probably the same with alcohol but I haven't played drunk yet.

I try not to smoke till bed time but ill give it a try when the time is right

Which amp is that?

oh that's true. Just fuckin' practice nigger. Don't you wanna play some sick [your favorite band] riffs?

youtube.com/watch?v=OmzMIvW_HX4
Here's a cool version of take five.

Oh also weird thing but one of the most comfy jams I had was after a night of vomiting out the window of my friend's van. Woke up feeling woozy, grabbed said friend's nylon that was lying around and it was pretty neat jamming around in a noiseless field. Maybe your surroundings kinda influence you.

That was two years ago though, I'm way better now. Stopped smoking weed though because my lungs can't deal with the smoke and it makes me feel sick.

it's good for zoning out and forcing yourself to play for a full hour without stopping, which is hard for beginners but essential for getting better. everyone's brain is somewhat different though.

That guitar is pretty sweet. I'm assuming you just use amp distortion?

>that guitar
>that strap

how's high school champ?

i swear when ever my old drummer and i would practice high i could just FEEL what he was gonna do next. like we locked in the pocket super tight. probably sounded like ass but god damn did my stoned brain think it was amazing

I need help identifying a song. I heard it when someone at the gym was playing reggae on Pandora. It had an amazing riff. It was either a clean electric or acoustic sound and it was like 6 note groupings that were really fast and carried the whole song. I can't think of how else to describe it.

>nylon
Are you reading my mind somehow ? I can't stop listening to some these days.
really impressive how he plays rhythm and lead at the same time though.

>zoning out and forcing yourself to play for a full hour without stopping
That's pretty much what we did.
I don't think it was a very good thing however, it just sounded like sludge and punk influenced noise.

that's why recording yourself is important, even if you're high.

is squier stratocaster affinity ok for first guitar

it's a pretty standard first guitar, yeah. You might be better off finding a used Epiphone for the same price as a new Squier though.

here's some of my favorites
not all upbeat but eh.

youtube.com/watch?v=nWgiNhTjIhU

youtube.com/watch?v=8B1oIXGX0Io

youtube.com/watch?v=EzR56x1Yjek

youtube.com/watch?v=6sr7BXinJMw

youtube.com/watch?v=btWpuuomEkE

the one time we did it sounded pretty sweet. just never a good idea for me because I'm a lightweight when it comes to weed so I'm no good at a certain point

Here's another cool modern piece.
youtube.com/watch?v=f8SdSgDvups

There's a section at the end that really shows off a guitarist's control of dynamics.

they can be both

How much hiss is normal/acceptable in a setup? The preamp in my bass introduces a bit of hiss and the pedalboard does as well, in total it's very quiet compared to the actual volume of my playing obviously, but if I focus I can hear it slightly in the background.

Is that normal? Does anyone care?

if you're going for a the garage band or field recording that a lot of Baltic guitar bands favour then you've got a lot of room for interference. Moving on to a professional recording the less the better, you may even throw away a recording for too much background white noise. Hope this helps.

I'm probably not any better. But I'm not too fond of playing while high, I may be much more into it, but I won't be at my top which I dislike.

and now I feel ridiculous knowing that I struggle with a pick after a certain point of difficulty that's probably not even half of that.

so

in the woods, loads
in a paid for room, very little at all

rhythm and timing are the most important part. if you can't keep a beat in time with a drummer then it all just goes to shit. depends on the drummer too though. i've played with too many drummers that rush and/or drag (not memeing).

To faggots:

Please stop pretending you're adolescent cartoon girls. You're ruining it for anyone. No one wants to hang out in a place you have tainted with your putrid presence. Thanks.

beginner question:
lets say im supposed to use 3rd finger to play
but i cant do it yet and want to use 4th finger instead
should i use 4th or keep trying with 3rd

posting anime/anything anime related on any other board other than Cred Forums should be an automatic perma ban

>Please stop pretending you're adolescent cartoon girls.
>pretending

>FenderJazzmaster.jpg
>No jazzmaster
U wot

Sorta, split coils middle position (both humbuckers active) sounds very nice.

I hate the feel of Classic Player JM's
But modern players are hard to find and (from what I've heard) aren't that great
And I live in the middle of nowhere, the nearest guitar shop was a tiny Guitar Center an hour away that got hit by a tornado and isn't opening back up

underage please go

Underage is alright if you're an animu grill, friend.

still waiting on that 8 string clip you promised home slice. Thats what I remember from last thread

In its case. Less dust accumulation.

you did all that in that pic just to make me mad didn't you

Black Sabbath-Paranoid
Congrats on your first guitar! I respectfully suggest you buy a bag or case, a metronome, and a snark tuner. Also a 10pk of strings.
Wash your hands before you play and find a vid with warm-up exercises. Always warm up first! Have fun!

Why are you mad user?
It's titled advanced autism for a reason

>No one wants to hang out in a place you have tainted with your putrid presence
It makes me happy you'll soon be leaving, user.

best guitars for mathrock tones?

They have a digital dry signal path, so they're shit.

>stop posting anime on a japanese inspired imageboard with a japanese mascot and a japanese owner

go single coils for that extra spanky tone

>I'm a big steaming pile of shit that stinks so much, nobody hangs around anymore
>haha I'm making you leave!!!
I bet that's the only thing you're proud of in life.

Not that user, but that's a bit of a stretch
try relaxing and calm down a little there, champ

>mfw i want to play ambient stuff, but buying even the cheapest effects will set me back 600 bucks
>even though most pedals have like 10 dollars worth of components and manpower in them

why are music products so inflated?

>I bet that's the only thing you're proud of in life.
I can't be proud of it yet, you're still here.

Get a ht1 to keep at college

>artist plays the notes on the higher strings, lower frets
>retards tab it out on the low strings high frets
aaa do i have to do it all myself

>using tabs
play by ear fucking pleb

>>aaa do i have to do it all myself
do you think its not what i meant
tabs are just comfortable

Ayyyee working on it. ended up doing a bunch of shit and never got around to it yesterday. headed back to the house so i'll get to it today

I like strats for the comfort of playing and the strat quack

>chapest
>600 bucks
???

Are you one of those who thinks he needs a Boomerang and 4+ reverbs/delays for producing ambient sound? I have 4 ambient related pedals (volume, looper, reverb, reverb/delay) on my board, got them all brand new and didn't even cost $600. And the reverbs are pretty expensive boutique stuff.

Which is objectively better?
Genuinely asking, just curious

Multifx are the way to go. G3X is a delay and modulation beast. Since you can configure the expression pedal to change any parameter, you have huge possibilities. Some boss units also have this feature, so look on Craigslist for whatever you can see.

As far as drive, you're better off going fo MBL,r the newer multifx or otherwise going for traditional pedals. The newer units have nice distortion but tend to lack slightly in possibilities as they try to breach the mainstream, so a combination of an older multifx with other sources of distortion such as amp or analog pedals is a good idea.

build your own

>I'm a big steaming pile of shit that stinks so much, nobody hangs around anymore
>haha I'm making you leave!!!

I can't lie, this isn't inaccurate.

might as well just play Guitar Hero if you're going to use tabs.

I guess lower strings would be more comfortable for some people.
But when you're playing on the first few frets, and the tab is on the lowest strings and highest frets, theres a noticeable difference in voice.

neither. the thicker strings sound different than the thinner ones. it depends on what sort of sound you want

Tabs are a good learning tool but they are not the be all and all of playing, stop being small minded.

Well you can start now, cause I'm sure you retarded animefags have made a lot of people leave because of your faggotry. Congratulations, I guess.

do you even play guitar bro

gee bill how come your mother lets you have TWO loop stations

>stacking for DL4s
Shit, apparently I don't.
Technically that's 6 (six) loop stations, since DL4 can sample for 15 secs

lmao who does that belong to?

Tablature is really just pointing to locations on the fret board.
They were nice for those ambiguous interpretations we did for a few months here, but it's not really musical.
Standard Notation is still the best way to express musical ideas.

Dave Knudson of Minus The Bear

>Tablature is really just pointing to locations on the fret board.

wow user youre right

Hmmm, I don't think you really left.

Now what could I do to change that?

The animeposter is just an evolved froosh. I kind of like it desu.

Play something and put it on here. I'm sure it will make my ears bleed.

>The animeposter
there's more than one

no there isn't. i know what you're doing.

also we should do bass only thread edition next time.

You sound thirsty af.

I think I'm in love.

how you doin Roman?

I fell in love with a with a qt I met at an open mic night, what songs should I perform next time to make her crave my benis???

If it helps she is a bit spacey, quirky, arty and likes French things, serious responses only plz

santeria solo

Fantastic. What should I meme next?

>she is a bit spacey, quirky, arty and likes French things

Is this for real? lmao.

>likes French things
brb stealing your girl with my fresh thick baguette

Hey guys, I just inherited a windfall and I want to splurge on an amp before I save the rest.

What is the best 1x12 tube combo amp with spring reverb, master volume and gain control?

No Fender Deluxe Reverbs, and no Mesa Boogie amps, I want a reverb dial on the front.

Preferably something boutique as shit, pic related.

She wrote lines of poetry in French onto cellotape and stuck it on her guitar, I am in love

>spacey
Eh, not really
>quirky
Check
>arty
Check
>french
Check
>make her crave my benis
Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back

Got the perfect tune for you senpai:
youtube.com/watch?v=fx8-5eTIGhU
But no, reallly, just arrange and play anything Yann Tiersen, she probably digs it.

that is so embarrassing. you should ask her what she thinks of wes anderson.

>likes French things
just stank like a mf then

This is perfect, thank you for helping me win over the heart of the only women I will ever love, but dont you think the message of the song is a little shuttle? Is there something a little more obvious I could play as well?

Whats embarrassing? And why should I ask her what she thinks of wes anderson???

Kek, no

how do i find more of this meme? theyre fucking hilarious

>she is a bit spacey, quirky, arty and likes French things
Thanks, your post finally convinced me to visit a psychiatrist. That sentence triggered me so much, I almost jumped out of the window.

ᵒʰ ᵃᶰᵈ ᴵ ʰᵒᵖᵉ ˢʰᵉ ᵈᶦᵉˢ ᶦᶰ ʰᵉʳ ˢᶫᵉᵉᵖ

>one true love quest
she likes french things dude, you're gonna get cocu'd. Unless you've got a Vigier, then maybe she'll stay. And if she leaves, you've got a sweet guitar.

>why should I ask her what she thinks of wes anderson???
lmao

what meme

Jesus, why are you being so autistic about it?

brb, buying a Vigier

Why are you lmaoing?? Just explain to me how I can win over her heart???

>And why should I ask her what she thinks of wes anderson???

Not pictured, my cherry fender mexistrat and my budding collection of psych rock/ stoner prog vinyls (well you can kinda see one)

Anyways, you need a better amp, but I do too lmao. Its a long term investment you should go for if you're performing. And maybe if that wah isn't modded to true bypass you might wanna do that, as it destroys your tone. Sick tar though, love the strap.

Reddit fuck the fuck off

I know boogyman but holy shit

I just looked up who he is, so he directed Moonrise Kingdom and I love that movie, so me and this girl are perfect for eachother, now quit being a faggot and give guitar advice on how to win the girl

that meme
that one right there

Thinking of getting this as a starter to learn bass. Is it a good one?

amazon.com/Silvertone-Guitar-Package-Liquid-Black/dp/B0002D0HZ8/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Also, I asked this in the last thread but didn't get an answer. To my knowledge, unlike an electric guitar, a bass guitar doesn't require any fancy pedals to play something like death metal or black metal and get those tones, correct? Considering those are the main genres I have interest in and mostly what I would care to play. I mean I'd like to play funk and punk as well, but I know ultimately that I prefer metal.

>I just looked up who he is, so he directed Moonrise Kingdom and I love that movie, so me and this girl are perfect for eachother, now quit being a faggot and give guitar advice on how to win the girl

I can't breathe.

Anybody?

Hey you've got the same name as me :) but I hate ibanez personally. Doesnt matter much tho in the long term

Oh my god how dense are you??

Sounds like you need a safe space

Why wont people help me??? Your all so busy being pretentious circle jerk wankers that you've forgotten its okay to like things and enjoy yourself, and I like this girl and just want advice on romantic songs that might appeal to her and you'll just being dicks

>I like this girl
FILTHY NORMIE GET OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>thing you would get anything but derision

wrong board my friend :^)
>>

Welcome to /gg/ and Cred Forums in general fagtron

Go to Reddit for actual topic adhesion

>Go to Reddit for actual topic adhesion
kys namefag

Just get the squier starter pack.

Don't listen to this poster.

Get fucked this board blows
Reddits a circle jerk but this is worse since it's a lonely virgin memetic circlejerk

>a lonely virgin memetic circlejerk
>this is worse than reddit

>namefag reddit posters

oh christ

By my desk

Both are p bad senpai
But yeah you have to sift through pages of redundant bullshit to find something worthwhile to look at here and it's a little sad, whereas in the smaller Reddit communities you see some neato burrito stuff :√) look inside your heart you know it to be true

>you have to sift through pages of redundant bullshit
>sift through pages

Any of you guys heard of Naylor amps? Are they any good?

Anyone have any experience replacing tubes? I've got an early '68 Twin Reverb and I think one of the tubes got fucked (fuse blew and new fuses did the same) and I need to replace it.

Problems:
>I don't know what tube it is that's fucked.
>I've never changed tubes before.
>I'm worried about fucking things up.
>I don't know if there are any amp techs near me.

Any tips or tricks? I'm gonna do some more looking around to make sure there aren't any techs near me that I didn't see. Obviously I'd rather go to a tech than do it myself. But if I NEED to, I'll give it a shot.

Just order a set, unplug the old ones, plug the new one's in. Done.
Don't bother trying to figure out which one, unless you got access to a tube tester or you can see it blown. Even then it's good to replace the set.

yeah just swap in and out

Not a bad idea. Where would I get those from. Just one of the regular music store sites? Or is there a particular place I should check out?

>2 warwicks
>not one of them is fretless
just kys buddy

they were right

If you really have a vintage '68 you probably need NOS tubes for it to sound as good as it can. Those amps were designed for the tubes available then, newer tubes will probably sound off if you're used to the sound of vintage tubes. Get ready to get RAPED $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

>tubes have to be NOS
nah, just nah

Your preamp tubes are probably still ok. Fuse pops come from power supply issues, bad power tubes, maybe electrical surges. Get yourself a quad of 6l6s, swap, and bias.

>expensive boutique pedals
>pedalboard is just some wood shelf

team shake

>have to be NOS
>nah, just nah
>have to be
Sorry to bust your bubble. Modern tubes are manufactured to different tolerances and specs than vintage tubes. Modern tubes will work in a vintage amp so you're technically right, they don't have to be NOS. Just keep in mind that your vintage amp doesn't technically have to sound good either and it most certainly won't with a set modern tubes.

Yeah, this.

If you can handle your weed as well as actually play guitar beyond an intermediate level, it's a great way to zone out and practice. My timing is so much better when I'm stoned because I focus so intently and get really hard on myself when it comes to making errors while playing.

rip it out, just use the box, whatever

>being able to identify different power tubes by sound
You're falling for the vintage meme. muh unnamed tolerances and specifications.

Cheat sheet I made.

How to play the 12 bar blues with five chords.

In the open position there are three keys the 12 bar blues can be played in using open cowboy chords: G, D and A (I excluded F Major since the point of this is to not use barre chords). Those progressions are across the top of the chart, with my favorite being on the left and least favorite being on the right.

The numbers are the fret you need to put the capo on.

The red cells are the open positions. The green cells have the capo from the 1st-5th fret, in case you don't want to sound like you're playing a mandolin.

If you want to play in a minor key use Dm-Am-Em instead of D-A-E.

I made it for me but maybe others will find it useful.

Cost $0. Also, I own a car.

>being able to identify different power tubes by sound
lol, I like how you immediately jumped to power tubes in the hope I wouldn't embarrass you. At least you understand most people generally don't get anywhere near power amp distortion so I'll let you off the hook this time.
>unnamed tolerances and specifications.
Maybe as far as you're concerned. The guy who was designing Fender amp circuits in the '60s? He could've recited the tolerances and specifications from memory.

Also keep in mind that just because your ears might be ringing shit and you can't tell the difference between power amp tubes that's not necessarily true for everyone.

Video not related but interesting.
youtube.com/watch?v=VkjVvTRP1h0

Sorry im not a basic fender boi

Just use the synth for guitar too.
Sounds better than a guitarist and you won't have to tolerate a pretentious ass spoiled princess while making your music.

I was gonna call you a faggot cuz this is Cred Forums. Then i actually read your post and tried it myself. I like it.
Saved.
Well done.

IS ANYONE ELSE FOLLOWING THIS PLINI KID?

he's fantastic!

youtube.com/watch?v=RggRFyVUiZA

plini.bandcamp.com/

i can't stop listening to him. his tone and composition is incredible. plays with emotion something i think a lot of musicians lack these days

Anyone have a Tone King amp? Thinking of getting one.

I did ATWA by System of a Down. It's good practice for strumming on multiple strings if you're literally just starting.

Are these shit?
Found one online from 1989 for 217 $

>my teacher was fucking crazy

Is every guitar teacher crazy? As a kid I had one that shook me when I was having trouble with a chord, and one who started rubbing his forehead and left the room for like 10 minutes when I was having issues with something.

forgot to mention that it's a Washburn G-5V

>getting embarrassed by a living meme
keks

youtube.com/watch?v=mel6MPEE4Nk
This guy could have played the same sample six times and people would still comment on which tubes they think sounded better.

What the hell.
I don't feel like I'm too weird with my students.
I did almost make a young student cry who would not focus or listen to me. So I asked her if she wanted to play guitar and told her that there are plenty of other kids who want to learn who could take your place.
I know she has it in her, her brother(about the same age) does a very good job.
Thankfully I thought of a better way to explain it posture which I presented under the guise of comedic relief.

As a teacher I just want my students to practice.

Is putting an electric string on an acoustic guitar fine? my E string broke so I replaced it with the E string from my SG.

This is a great pedal

youtube.com/watch?v=SAsYBH-81ow

>trying to present listening to Marshall power amp distortion on YouTube as support for his argument
lol, now I don't even have to embarrass you anymore. Good job.

So long as you stop pretending that you are a anthropomorphic talking shake.

Jesus Christ, what are you doing?

Sharing with you a great pedal

Thank you user.

Wow, thank you, you surely couldn't have done that as Anonymous, could you? Now I know who was the one that shared that Knobs video (that I've already seen) with me

Too much crossover distortion for Under the Bridge?

I mean these charts show a 1 dbl difference and they have these elaborate descriptions attached. "Smooth highs with warm fat low end punch" gimmie a break

What are you jamming these days frooshdog?

Okay, here is a pedal you probably don't know about then:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ed53uohqGbw

I like wall hangers

I can't. Literally just spent $3000 today trying to pay back my student loans a little. I'm not buying anything new for quite a while.

>the argument was about how modern tubes are manufactured to a different set of tolerances and specs than vintage tubes
>so he pulls out some random modern power amp tube comparison chart
>8:30 PM
Alright, I'm just gonna have one last giggle at your expense before I sign off for the night. At least you were able to pull me out of my normal routine, I'll give you that. Good job, fa/gg/ot.

Also, I don't play guitar. Never have.

Hello, fellow Squier-fag

What color should I paint my acoustic?
Also what kind of paint should I use? I don't wanna fuck up the sound quality.

Please don't do that.

>artist plays the notes on the higher strings, lower frets
>retards tab it out on the low strings high frets
>I play it however I want to to minimize motion

That's how you play, faggot. Don't rely on other people, don't attempt to carbon copy others either.

Hello, fellow degenerates.

Why user?

Cool basses, I bought mine about 6 months ago when I started playing.

Possibly going to do some upgrades on it before buying a new bass. Sounds pretty good for the price.

The real benefit I got from learning on a Squire was getting some hand strength, it's a bitch to play on at first.

>I don't play guitar
or go to college lol

Thanks my d00d!
Good luck on your journey

I wanted a starter bass and didn't have much money. I'm probably going to keep this for another year and upgrade to a sire v7 later.
Mine isn't set up properly. Even if I tune to drop D the low E rattles like a bitch. That's my only major issue with it so far.

You replied to the wrong person.

Figures, I am a bass player.

Oh yeah, the bigger strings rattle for me as well.
I can probably fix it somewhat with a tune up, but don't have a major problem with the rattle at the price I paid.

At least you're self aware.

Fender Mustang I
Only the finest quality hissing
I dunno. I'm sure you can find out Monday morning, pal ;^)
Nice stuff mang. I always hated how much the wah kills my tone. Thanks for the mod tip. I'll have to look into that. And I had my tendie-deliverer snap a pic of my stuff back home for you goys. Amp is a blackstar ht stage 60 venue.

I can hear glenn frucker screaming faintly in the distance

the only acceptable answer

I wanted to send that screenshot to him, but i'm not sure where I could send it to.

Wah wahs are alright pedals. Its a shame dunlop fucking mass produced a ton of shit over the years. Its really a simple mod, you just rewire the footswitch and it cleans up your tone. I even threw a red LED on mine to show whether or not it was on.

>tfw when your bass gives you tetanus

Facebook message him, I suppose

>russian flea market edition

kijiji.ca/v-guitar/calgary/fender-squire-stratocaster-and-peavey-30watt-envoy-amp/1202655499

should i get it?

I might have to steal that led idea...

At first I thought it was overpriced but then I remembered canadian dollars

yeah that's probably alright get it

i stole the idea before you stole it lel

kijiji.ca/v-guitar/calgary/fender-squier-classic-50s-vibe-telecaster/1203398993

my other option. significantly pricier and no amp

Go with the first one until you're good enough to spend a bunch of cash on gear

sounds good m8, youre probably right. and i could always put $100 worth of new pups in it to spice it up a bit, correct?

i have a decent acoustic already, just looking for an electric to dick around with and play some lead licks because my buddy has an acoustic as well and we jam pretty often

yup

Did I fuck up the lead guitars?
soundcloud.com/airbornmartin/matt-lange-consider-this-airborn-remix

So i went to order a couple sets of straplocks today and while i was on the online shop i noticed hipshot bass bridges are not that expensive.

I have a mexi Fender bass I'm thinking about upgrading the bridge on. So, what say you /gg/, is a bridge upgrade on a bass a meme or a worthwhile upgrade? I'm only interested in doing this if it will improve the sound of the instrument, don't care about the looks or adjustability of the stock Fender bridge as it's fine in that regard for me.

Its probably a lighter gage so that string will feel a little more loose and slinky but itll be fine for now.

Need more springs man

No problems at all in fact for the unwound treble strings they are usually exactly the same.

The wound bass strings won't sound as good, but they will work in an emergency

Because they're fucking awesome.

He's a talented musician but I just can't do the Satrianicore thing.

>posts the backing track

600$
Convince me not to.

I'd hit it.

Not a fan of the paint job. But It probably sounds pretty fuckin' great. I won't try to tell you otherwise.

American? Snag that shit

If /gg/ wills it...

Anyone have a Mesa Boogie?

Anyone ever tried one of these?
Are they meme guitars?

1/2
home practice setup. I've since added a TS9 to the board. This practice amp is surprisingly awesome.

2/2
recording/gigging setup
1964 bandmaster thru crate 2x12
my board is pretty dumb but I get some sick sounds and that's what counts, right?

New thread