What music do atheists listen to?

What music do atheists listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism
google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=atheism definition
youtube.com/watch?v=nTjc1sPktlY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Johnny Cash's gospel records

Gregorian chants

the vacuum of existence

Tool
some faggot in my computer scienece class said Tool is thinking man's music

Correct the answer : they don't

Atheist

dawkins loves schubert

Rush

arent most people atheist?

nope agnostic or christian
being atheist is idiotic

Serialism.

this

t. atheist

/thread

fuck off with this agnostic bullshit its just a way to feel superior to everyone else
you whether believe in god or not

So is being theistic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism

Metal

>you whether believe in god or not
lmao being this simple minded
dumbass atheist go back to school

dubstep remixes of Ben Affleck roiding out on Sam Harris

Agnosticism is the more philosophical position. It highlights our ultimate lack of knowledge when it comes to matters beyound our experience or collective experience. An agnostic affirms that we cannot have certain knowledge of God or his existence. Most serious theists are also agnostics. One can also be a strong agnostic and refuse to comment on the question.

having so many terms for the different degrees to which a person manages to delude himself into taking 2000-year-old bedtime stories as truth seems rather pointless

>degrees to which a person manages to delude himself
aka you're too dumb to think about it. how is high school?

Barba Streisand, Village People, Madonna, the list goes on

i went to a chatolic school before uni for 8 fucking years mate. almost no one went to church unless we had to. churches are empty and most people dont believe in god. and this is eastern europe, not even the ratchet western culture
i dont care about religion though im happy its finally over. just funny to see this atheist bashing everywhere because people are inseure that they are afraid of being called a neckbeard or something so they do the exact opposite of everything an internet stereotype would do

you have nothing to be smug about. you're free to have your club, but just know that you're the laughing stock of every sane person on the planet

T.idiot

pic related

Mozart because they have shit taste

lol

It's important to point this out. Most people seem to think agnostic is some inbetween state when it's a different axis. And people who declare themselves agnostic in that context are generally doing so in order to feel superior to everyone rather than just one group.

Gnostic/Agnostic
Theist/Atheist

Personally I'm a Gnostic Atheist.

>laughing stock of every sane person on the planet
LMAO

This.

If you don't believe in god, you are an atheist.

BTFO

Erik Satie
The Residents
Marcus Popp
William Basinski
Twenty-one Pilots
LaMonte Young
Steve Reich

wrong

Oh? Do you identify as an agnostic for literally everything you don't believe in then?
>Agnosticism is the more philosophical position. It highlights our ultimate lack of knowledge when it comes to matters beyound our experience or collective experience. An agnostic affirms that we cannot have certain knowledge of invisible unicorns of their existence. Most serious unicornists are also agnostics. One can also be a strong agnostic and refuse to comment on the question.

>Gnostic Atheist.
Literally the dumbest position. You also fall into an unfortunate prescriptivism, the axis has no reality, it is an attempt to describe modes of thought and belief. There is no law stopping somebody from refusing to contemplate the notion of diety or even think it is worth contemplating.

Agnostics are almost as stupid as theists. Though you never know, there could be some kind of god-like entity in the vast space of the universe

Literally middle-school level English
a- (meaning lack of)
-theist (meaning the belief in god)
Atheism means "lack of belief in a god".

why does it matter so much to you guys?

You wanna know how I know you never graduated college?

You wanna refute my post? Or do you think you're hot shit because you took World Religions and Philosophy 101?

you just confirmed mate. im not that insecure. i dont believe in god. i dont advertise it and i hate talking about politics or religion. but i wont deny it just because there is an internet stereotype. guess what neckbeards breath too, should i stop breathing?

Do you fail to see the distinction? A unicorn would be a creature within our world, God is an entity beyond our world and considered to be its creator. It is an entirely different matter. To say you are unsure of the existence of Unicorns is to say you have never seen one, to say you are unsure of our capability to correctly determine things beyond the natural realm is a philosophical position.

>quotes replies against his argument
>UHH WHY TF DOES IT MATTER TO YOU GUYS??!!

Come back when you've finished high school.

It is an incredibly important question that affects human conduct immensely. Just because you are too weak willed to have an opinion does not mean that we have to be.

But these unicorns are beyond the natural world. They aren't detectable. They're invisible. They're basically gods, but in unicorn form.

Are you agnostic to them? Or would you just say that you don't believe in them and leave it at that?
I can't even take you seriously anymore

That's called being an agnostic atheist my friend. You have reason to believe in some possibility that there might be a god, can't prove there isn't, so there you go

The same shit everyone else listens to, because neither believing in imaginary friends nor the soul crushing pointlessness of it all doesn't preclude you from enjoying music.

Agnostics don't disbelief in god nor belief in god, they have no stance, if thats what you are saying. Atheists out right don't believe in god

That guy is the reason why everyone hates Tool fans

As long as we don't know everything, there is SOME possibility that anything exists. Doesn't make it a worthwhile view to actually view it as a possibility. Caring about religion this much is honestly laughable, anybody with half a brain would view it like they view every superstition.

Your argument is the definition of a strawman. Agnosticism is a much more fundamental position than Atheism. An agnostic affirms the point that discussion of these objects beyond the natural world are beyond our ability to comprehend. It does not imply belief or non-belief. Your poor grammer in the term 'are you agnostic to them' shows how little you understand.

Atheists don't disbelieve in god outright, they just DON'T believe, by definition. Agnosticism is a useless view for people who still haven't outgrown their spirituality/muh infinite universe phase.

*is beyond

When did I ever say or imply in any way that one shouldn't consider the concept? Do you have a mental disability?

What? Are you retarded? Why would a God be "beyond the natural world"? What does that mean? Why is it necessarily something we "can't know"?

And you didn't answer my question, why do agnostics take so seriously something for which there is no evidence or reason to believe? For anything that doesn't exist, you can be agnostic, that doesn't mean that you don't believe in it.

No I am pretty sure the literal definition of atheism states a person who disbelieves in god.
google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=atheism definition

>disbelief of lack of belief
>lack of belief

This is silly. The mere existence of a word to describe a person lacking a belief in a particular supernatural deity is silly, since they aren't denying anything but unfounded claims.

Yep.

OK what is the difference between not believing in god and not believing outright? The definition states that they simply dont believe at all. (Outright)

Proof there is no god: testicles, menstruation, and the ability to bite the inside of one's own mouth.

There is no intelligent design; we were thought up by a committee of idiots.

Which, to me makes more sense than monotheism. If there truly was a single god-entity, it would be madder than a skunk's cunt. The idea of a multitude of bureaucratic deities getting in each others' way seems far more likely. It'd explain tribalism, the language barriers and people who like county music.

>honestly laughable
t. fedoracore aficionado

Respect other people's religions or you'll come off as a bitch. Religion is a very deep experience for believers.

There is none. Some people like to use the fact that atheists don't believe as damning evidence that they're just as superstitious as religious people, as if disbelieving in something for which there is no evidence is an act of faith.

We're on the same page.

Yeah okay, whatever. You do you. I just think you're deluded. Any other irrational belief would be met with derision no matter how much it means to mentally ill people, why should religion be different?

A person who belives that there COULD be evidence to support a religion is called agnostic, what is so hard to understand?

i love how all you cry for tumblr/safe space when someone is against bullying or mental abuse EXPECT when it comes to religion. then youre either a neckbeard or respect everything.
just fuck off with your buzzwords honestly. and i dont care about religion

Atheists don't believe that there COULD NOT be evidence. Again, for any other belief nobody would even think to categorize "do not believe" and "do not believe unless it was proven true" separately.

culturally: agnostic = atheist

That would be an agnostic. Athiests don't believe at all. This is simple stuff.

If you have no respect for religion and its adherents, keep it to yourself in real life. Have fun

>Respect other people's religions

Why should I? If you're going to fervently defend such an outrageous position without the slightest shred of evidence, you deserve a shrug and a chuckle at most.

sure just make sure to do well in your trade school. I hear plumbing pays well!

>This is silly stuff.

ftfy

why is religion different than any other thing or movement?

they believe the same things. neither of them /believe/ in a monotheistic classical god. agnostics and atheists believe the exact same thing but describe themselves differently for the sake of argument and a delusional sense of identity.

It's not like I'm an asshole about it. I respect your right to be a moron in private.

religion is just a cultural practice. it's a routine meant to address emotions and fill a spiritual void. it's not about 'believing in crazy things' as much as it is devotion to the idea of faith. how is that problematic?

i dont talk about religion in real life. no one does.

>People are actually responding to this bait
>I'm actually responding to this bait just to point that out

Have you ever been deeply religious? I mean truly deeply religious, as an adult

People who even have the slightest possibility in there mind that there could be evidence, are some form of agnostic. Case closed.

>religion is not about believing crazy things

of course not, where did I get that idea?

>muh definitions
you sound like the fascist liberals that insist there's only ONE DEFINITION OF RACISM AND IT MEANS THIS!! when people say they're atheist or say they're agnostic, they are signaling the same thing, that they don't believe in god. "case closed"

The fact that it's dear to you shouldn't make it immune to criticism.

ITT:edgy 16 year olds mad their parents tried to take them to church get butthurt

Matthew 18:18New International Version (NIV)

18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[a] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[b] loosed in heaven.

I didn't know you can just make up new definitions of terms this straight-forward.

>fervently defend such an outrageous position without the slightest shred of evidence

im i had multiple priest teachers and yes, during all those years i met a fair amount of deeply religious people. most of them were a hypocrite fuck talking about the decadent western culture, gay marriage and were against anything thats fun basically. my last teacher did nothing but talked about his right wing politics for a year

i respect religion though. they should just fuck off and dont try to force it to other people. mutual respect i guess? so when im saying im an atheist im not against people believing. i dont give a shit. i just dont think god exist.

agnostic/atheist is a semantic distinction that doesn't exist IRL.

You can be both an atheist and agnostic.

if god doesn't exist how come he keeps blessing lebron?
Checkmate atheist

It's like I'm on youtube in 2008

I was sarcastically implying that what you were saying was complete horseshit. Which it was.

t. 'woke' college student with parents that went to unitarian church

It's like I'm on Cred Forums in 2011-2012

elaborate. how is it more horseshit than dismissing something as universal as religion that clearly helps some people

>respecting willful self-delusion

no

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield[b] and the horn[c] of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I have been saved from my enemies.
4 The cords of death entangled me;
the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
5 The cords of the grave coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me.
6 In my distress I called to the Lord;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears.

Atheism is basically just the position that you don't believe theistic texts are true or that theistic arguments are valid. Atheists just say that they don't believe in god, not that god doesn't exist. I mean, we might say that god almost definitely doesn't exist, but we can"t prove he doesn't and we all know that. People who cling to the agnostic title, i think, never really think about it or are probably just put off by the fedora memes.

He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

>He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.
Amen brother

this

Anybody can deeply believe something, I can still insult them. This is Cred Forums. We argue over the ethics of pedophilia and routinely tell each other that they have shit taste. Grow thicker skin.

If you say "God doesn't exist" then that means you don't believe that god exists.

god bless !

Most atheists are agnostic. The two aren't mutually exclusive

* believe in god, and vice versa

Here's my list:

John Coltrane
Hank Mobley
Andrew Hill
Charles Gayle
McCoy Tyner
Erik Satie
Gustav Mahler
Bartók
Bach
Alcest
Porcupine Tree
Fugazi
Funkadelic

list goes on

This. I'm an agnostic atheist because, ultimately, my limited anthropological mind can't say which from the Christians and Hinduists and the others crazy sects are right.
But from what we know nowadays, it seems like our consciousness only stem from the chemical and electrical shit happening in our brains, a product of nature somehow.
I don't think there is a Big Daddy in the sky awaiting for us. I don't think there is any point to this shit, but good music feels good and life is really fascinating in some weird ways.
We will never know for sure why we are here, because our minds are too limited for that, like the mind of a dog is too limited to understand all the intricacies of human languages. Therefore, I don't want to believe some readymade shit for humans made by humans.

I'm listening to Cannibal Ox right now and it's weirdly fitting.

[Citation needed]
youtube.com/watch?v=nTjc1sPktlY

i know that. i said that in my post
there's a difference between saying "i don't believe in god" and "god doesn't exist"

isn't tool a deeply spiritual band though
no, also
>"""people"""
holy fucking shit dude

No I am saying there is no difference

i think you're wrong though and stuff

most people are atheist in the modern world. if you dont prey, dont talk with god, dont go to church, dont do anything with religion then youre atheist. sure you can say you dont lock out the possibility that god exist, whatever to make yourself feel more special
but the amount of people participating in religious acitivies is low

>being this simple minded
no wonder western countries are still racist. black and white thinking is a brainless mentality

Dean Blunt mostly.

Geez all these wrong statements in this thread. You can still believe, they just don't give the effort to practice their religion.

God, I hate when people think that atheist and agnostic are two different labels.

Most atheists are agnostics, gnostic atheists are retarded and are a minority.

most atheist dont belive in god because there is no evidence. if there were evidence they wouldnt be atheists. therefore they dont lock out the possibility

>that clearly helps some people

Entirely irrelevant.

heavenly trips confirm

Yeah, but at the same time, I feel like it's hypocritical, because that God supposedly told you to do this stuff and this stuff, but yet you don't do it because you feel like you don't need to.
I feel like it's just an easy way to avoid existential anxiety.
That said, I don't have much gripes against that kind of religious people, who are generally pretty cool and normal, unlike braindead fundamentalists who are shitting up everything.

They are two different labels. An agnostic is like a football player who gets tackled and the play ends, but then gets up to run into the end zone and claim that he should get a touch down. An athiest only gets tackled and then resumes the game. (Like the ending to Friday the 13th number 1) they cant completely accept that there is no god, but an Athiest does.

How come every top athlete that dominates believes in god?

Well no its more like the individual is letting the "sins pile up" by not doing what he is supposed to because he is lazy.

I dunno, look that up on Google Scholar.
Besides, I'm sure the majority of those who lost also believed in God too.

Wow great example. Dumb jocks who do nothing but exercise and live for their sport believe in a God? I'm shocked. Also I'm pretty sure Roger Federer is an atheist and he's way more of a legend than Djokovic. Also If you knew anything about orthodox Christianity you would know that it's way more intertwined with the state than any other denomination.

federer is catholic
he hanged out with the pope
nadal is agnostic

Well I know that the young Muslims who masturbate feel like it's okay to do it if they do more virtuous acts later. It's a financial balance.
I dunno, I think that's very hypocritical, but, whatever floats your boat, as long as you aren't a delusional fundamentalist.

im gay

*It's like some kind of financial balance.