We name our favorite albums and other people say why it sucks

We name our favorite albums and other people say why it sucks

Kid A

curveball?

Midnight Marauders

madvilliany

you've never heard my favorite album

Heralded a Radiohead that took itself way too seriously, sucked any and all of the fun out of their music, pushed them into a spiral of self-parody that culminated in The King of Limbs

The cheap and cheesy sound of "sexy" quiet storm for white people having vanilla sex in their suburban homes soon spread like wildfire and became the background muzak of endless waiting rooms, supermarkets, mall food courts, and mediocre rom-com sex scenes, retroactively making Sade responsible for audio torture of the general population

Full of annoying Spike Lee-style respectability politics, misogynistic, romanticizes "the hood," another album that contributed to the ironclad macho posturing of hip hop and forced all the weirdos of the eighties to get in line with gangsta or get out, resulting in the negative image that rap accrued over the 90s with the mainstream, and the existence of 50 Cent

No passion, all technique

I bet it's shit

Quebec

ay
>dude we are so le avant lmao angst bleep bloop
cheesy as fuck
>the low end theory pt2
remember how almost every rap album has a shitty skit?
well, madvillainy is an album full of nothing but shitty skits
not as good as their early work

Pet Sounds

Needs more cowbell and Vegatables

Astral Weeks

Instant Gratification

Richard D James Album.

Every album posted here fucking sucks. You all suck. Fuck you all.

I can't hate. I love all. Sorry.

meme

Because luxury problems is better

It's full of mediocre beats from Madlib, and mediocre flow from DOOM
Sounds like a swarm of bees that I want out of my house
Too many flutes and gay shit

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

R Kelly - Black Panties

This album was pre-smash, and before they sold out. I love this album so much.

metal is for manchildren

If you mention anything about Elliott being overly sad or self-pitying you've already outed yourself as not having a single clue what you're talking about

>remember how almost every rap album has a shitty skit?
>well, madvillainy is an album full of nothing but shitty skits
That doesn't even make any sense you idiot

The closer is atrocious. drukqs is infinitely better and more experimental

Beats are dated and repetitive

The worst thing I can say about this one is that after 40 minutes of sheer genius it really blows that they end the album with a bunch of pointless noodling

how's being 16 treating you?

overproduced garbage
raw s/t elliott is best elliott

The Bends

>raw s/t elliott is best elliott
I can respect that but if anything Figure 8 is the overproduced one bruv

That's why I like XO so much, he plays around with interesting strings and arrangements without making every song a generic mess

I love a lot of songs on The Bends but probably half that album is Pablo Honey atrocious and you know it

Blackstar

>Pablo Honey atrocious
when will that meme die? Pablo Honey is not bad. It's just really, really average. You will find 100 other alt rock albums from that year that are the same kind of "meh, alright I guess". It's the fact that the later albums are really good that puts it in exceedingly bad light.

lmao but it aint mah dawg!

I have to disagree man, while I'm not huge on Pablo Honey, I think it warrants some alright riffs. But the bends was, for me, the perfect blend of amazing guitar work, synthesizers, mellotron etc., Thom's voice had peaked, and they weren't too big for themselves yet.

she isn't naked on the cover
in the wake of poseidon is better
edgy shit. meal is for kids
>muh dissonance
>muh i miss her
that's kinda easy. it's rap music
snoozefest. hey guys i like jazz and everything xD
>my favorite album aswell
shit pop writer, muh depression, old elliott is better
is that your favorite album for real? i cant put my finger on it

>You will find 100 other alt rock albums from that year that are the same kind of "meh, alright I guess".
That is exactly what makes it a bad album. It is indistinguishable from the rest of the early 90's Nirvana-aping alt rock landscape and does nothing interesting enough to warrant attention

>the perfect blend of amazing guitar work, synthesizers, mellotron etc
I agree that when they make it work it goes pretty well (Planet Telex, Black Star, My Iron Lung) but honestly I can barely remember a lot of the songs on it (and Fake Plastic Trees is the most overrated thing they've ever done (including the unmentionable song)). Agree to disagree.

it's not Red

Fake Plastic Trees is the only song on the album I skip, but how can you say Bones and Black Star aren't memorable?

>If you mention anything about Elliott being overly sad or self-pitying you've already outed yourself as not having a single clue what you're talking about
lmao this nigga so insecure he has to throw up caveats

anyway smith is embarrassing, thinking he can coat his one-note twing-twangs in Respectable Orchestration and get away with it. truth is the execution is as clueless as it is clunky, shooting for beatle evergreens but landing in the lowest depths of britpoppy knees-up treacle. "independence day" and "question mark" is stale white boy groove 101, the 'rock' tracks are bland and smith's usual stripped-down fare, while as boring as ever, is let down by that awful, mannered voice. a trainwreck, courtesy of one of the worst artists of the nineties

Try me faggots.

To be perfectly honest I like them both fairly equally, but there's so much more to love on luxury problems

OOGA BOOGA

Hey, thats bretty gud

Are you fucking 12?

im 21

Are you fucking 3?
blurryface is Cred Forumscore you dumbass

literally an album about fucking anne frank and your sister.

Do your worst

Not long enough

You can't

Dude your critique is actually enjoyable to read

>Cred Forumscore
hi leddit

infantile music for infantile people

No one insulted my album, does this mean I win??

So?

that's not criticism, that's the appeal

Half assed bleep album attempt.
Boring as fuck rapping
Boring
>ghetto this, ghetto that
Boring

>this nigga so insecure he has to throw up caveats
Because those are the inevitable baseless criticisms thrown at the album. See: >one-note twing-twangs
Elaborate.

>truth is the execution is as clueless as it is clunky, shooting for beatle evergreens but landing in the lowest depths of britpoppy knees-up treacle
Meaningless Pitchfork-tier nonsense

>"independence day" and "question mark" is stale white boy groove 101
Also meaningless. But fyi he played Independence Day acoustic more often than not and the drum machine was an afterthought. And Question Mark is one of the worst on the album (even though I love the chorus).

>the 'rock' tracks are bland and smith's usual stripped-down fare
XO is where he started to use actual arrangements other than guitar-bass-drums for the first time what the fuck are you talking about. Unless you ignored almost every song and decided fucking Pitseleh and Tomorrow Tomorrow were the only "rock" songs on the record

>let down by that awful, mannered voice
"awful" and "mannered" are not substantial criticisms

In that entire block of garbage you got like one actual criticism in good job

The only thing that sucks about your pick for favrorite is you, for picking one of most universally agreed-upon best albums in history as your favorite for this thread. I bet you're fun at parties

lmao
tell em why u mad

I'm 10/10 heated bro nobody tries to throw shit at my boy elliott on my watch

>singing about 'boo hoo she left me' is not a serious artistic topic

Do your worst Cred Forums

Damn, I'd argue with you but those are some pretty serious digits you've got there

it's not that it's bad, the problem with this album is tha[inaudible due to the sound of 100 vacuum cleaners going off at once]

they've always come off as really tryhard

>boring
literally a meme criticism

this

dude weed lmao

kys

Orange Rhyming Dictionary

it's hard without just coming across like a complete moron

>they've always come off as really tryhard
How?

>inb4 it's the beatles

Her Majesty destroyed the entire point of the ending medley and fits horribly.

>Meshuggah

why this over wildlife?

i like this album too but i don't think they will ever make an album that can top wildlife ever again.

dumb cover

Does anyone know what this cover is supposed to be?

It always disturbed me

It's VERY clearly some Diamond Dogs
Gosh isn't it obvious...?

>One note

Meandering
Edgy fucking garbage. Embarrassing vocal delivery.
Shitty, boring pop.
Boring and repetitive

>Edgy fucking garbage. Embarrassing vocal delivery.
im triggered, very triggered

it's all about taking the easy way out for you I suppose, and with 'the easy way out' I mean kill yourself.

>DUDE SATAN LMAO

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Someone is trying to critique something they haven't listened to? Well, that never happens here!

>"serious art"

Either this or "Without A Sound" by Dinosaur Jr.

It's not got enough tracks

Marrow is literally the only good track

Can't stick to a single concept and has to have only half the album follow it

Dude Satan lmao

Tbh I love the last 2 albums

this was the last album i listened to with my brother

>Tbh I love the last 2 albums
Repentless and World Painted Blood?

Also, I'm not edgy about liking Slayer, I enjoy the music itself, not the message.

I meant that I love Diamond Dogs and He'll Awaits. Repentless and World Painted Blood can suck a fuck

*hell