Is there any rapper out there who is genuinely well-read? I'm not asking "smart" or "intelligent", I'm asking well-read

Is there any rapper out there who is genuinely well-read? I'm not asking "smart" or "intelligent", I'm asking well-read.

Pic unrelated.

what do you mean? like rapping about classic literature? the fuck?

dean blunt

MF DOOM

nobody can write bars as technical as Figaro without having read a shitload of poetry

Tupac.

Maybe one of the white ones like Aesop Rock or Slug.

2chainz

People like Saul Williams, Lupe Fiasco, Aesop Rock, have obviously did their reading. The fact it reflects on their raps isn't necessarily positive though, i'm more curious about rappers who are educated and still write savage rhymes. Maybe GZA.

Do you think a well-read musician necessarily makes a lot of literary references in their music, you fucking idiot?

Slug seems like the type of white guy who likes talking about how Malcolm X's autobiography changed him

>I'm not asking "smart" or "intelligent", I'm asking well-read.

you're really fucking vague and up your own ass

I would say Earl. I mean, his mother teaches law at University of California, so he must had a good education.

Nothing about that implies I'm asking for rappers that rhyme about Dickens. Leave my fucking thread you dumbass

I think a lot of rappers, especially newer ones, are pretty well-read. it's likely not all of them would show it though, the tropes of hip-hop being what they are.

I saw Mykki Blanco on french tv the other day and he went pretty deeply into the subject of poetry and art, enough to show he'd done his reaing assignments, for sure.

Vince Staples

Aes doesn't read books very often. He has admitted this multiple times in interviews.

Busdriver on the other hand is very well read.

From what I've heard, Nas was an introvert who spent a lot of his childhood reading library books and thesauruses instead of going to school because he felt like he learned more by doing so. Apparently he still reads a lot today too

>well read
*TIPS FEDORA FUCKING HARD*

his dad's a poet too

Das Racist
Milo
Killer Mike raps about reading books but when interviewed about it he went on about Lord of the Flies
I also wouldn't be surprised if Jay Z isn't well read

Earl definitely seems both intelligent and well-read
He's one of the only ones that can come off as both well-read and really fun

he only gives the appearance of it
he writes
>I write the james joyce
then confessed in an interview he thought he was being fucked with and didn't read all of it or something

The problem is any rapper that has read more than 10 books quickly goes down down a we wuz kangz rabbit hole and doesn't emerge until they literally believe white people are an alien race who colonized the earth and stripped it of all its resources.

Well read people tend to not be interested in hip hop.

go south west London and find any amateur spoken word hip hop artist. They pretend to be well read to the point it's convincing.

>How the fuck I'm gonna fit an axe in a satchel?

Seconding Milo

>reading

pharoahe monch

you just seem to have missed the point. I understand perfectly what the op is saying.