Just started getting into shoegaze. what are some cool shoegaze bands i should listen to?

just started getting into shoegaze. what are some cool shoegaze bands i should listen to?

youtube.com/watch?v=bR7dAao-fDM
youtube.com/watch?v=4NrGCLSlMj0
youtube.com/watch?v=vA1Ph6SpTkI

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Shoegaze&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=
youtube.com/watch?v=w_GV74hlPO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>just started getting into shoegaze.
>just started
Are you literally 15 years old? Be honest.

im 33

Lush
Top tier shoegaze qt's

my personal favorite is slowdive, but theres a lot to look into. what kind of shoegaze do you like, or what is it about it that appeals? i want to give good reccs

no need to be rude

Dirty Dishes is really good

god you sound like such a fucking faggot.

you're probably 18 and still think people give a shit about your music taste

Are you trying to communicate something

antarctica, ride, and きのこ帝国 are the only shoegaze bands i listen to atm

absolutely not, there is absolutely no reason to respond to me. Im just spouting the facts and trying to save you from embarrassing yourself any further

Nothing really comes close to MBV.

I guess you can try A.R. Kane, Lush, Swirlies, Asobi Seksu, Shinsei Kamattechan, Deerhunter

check out asobi seksu citrus, slowdive souvlaki, loveless (if you havent already), lilys in the presence of nothing, swirlies, and swervedriver

contrary to what Cred Forums contrarians will tell you shoegaze is a GOAT genre. Literally nothing comfier than a good shoegaze album on a rainy day

>nothing comfier than a good shoegaze album
That was enough.

and on a stormy day this album is straight up badass

Also wanting to get into shoegaze, what are the best albums for beginners?

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Ride - Nowhere
Slowdive - Souvlaki

most accessible (and best) out of the three is Nowhere so maybe start there

thanks for the suggestions. im downloading a few of these now. im digging the swirlies.

>spouting the facts
>all of the irony
yikes

Nowhere is hardly shoegaze though

Souvlaki is the essential starter shoegaze album, then Loveless.

anybody has that fucking Cred Forums guide for shoegaze? I'm needing it.

here ya go
top half best half

Thanks user, but I do remember one that had more albums, especially talking about top half.

I love Kinoko Teikoku. Eureka is such a great album

Also this if you want J-rock.

Most of us got into shoegaze when we were young, let him savor that discovery period while it lasts

Work your way through this OP and enjoy it
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Shoegaze&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=

youtube.com/watch?v=w_GV74hlPO0

Listen to Ride's better album, Going Blank Again.

Also you'll want to listen to Have a Nice Life, LSD and the Search for God, pinkshinyultrablast, lovesliescrushing, and Lush, to start with.