I just wanted to hear what all the fuss is about

I just wanted to hear what all the fuss is about.

What does it mean if I like this album?

You have an opinion that some agree with and some don't

oh ok

The definitive Tool album ranking™:

Undertow>ænima>Opiate=Lateralis>0,000 Days

And Mer De Noms is arguably better than them all.

I don't understand why so many people shit themselves for this soft rock dronefest.

This

Ænima's at least on par with Undertow, surely?

You liked the album and should listen to the rest of their stuff, because most of it is better.

It's very very close, but I gave Undertow the edge because Prison Sex better than anything on Ænima, even if it's just ever so slightly better than Stinkfist.

WHY DON'T YOU KIDS LIKE THE TOOL?

but Lateralus is the highest ranked by Scaruffi and RYM.

Fair enough, but Stinkfist ain't even the best song on the album. Maybe I've just listened to it too much.

Of course it is, it tries the hardest of all of their albums. When you hear the shit about Tool fans and how pretentious and pseudo-intellectual they are, Lateralus is the reason for that.

Isn't that the point of writing a review? Basically the drumming is really good and it's filling and varied.

im almost glad the new album is on the rocks. it was destined to be 10,000 days b sides. hopefully they just scrap it.

Undertow and Ænima have the negative of having those edgy song titles.

Yeah, as much as I'd love to hear new stuff from them, Maynard is so far past his prime it would almost certainly disappoint me. I can't even watch any live videos from the past like six years because it pains me to hear just how gone his voice is.

It means you form your own opinions and don't listen to memesters on Cred Forums

People on here hate Tool for some reason. I guess their fans are annyoing or something and then Cred Forums says the band is shit due to that

>People on here hate Tool for some reason. I guess their fans are annyoing or something and then Cred Forums says the band is shit due to that
I literally avoided Tool for years because of some of the shit I've heard fans say. Here's a classic:

>When you're listening to Tool, just remember that they're not like other bands. Their music is incredibly artistic, almost to the point where you have to be paying complete attention to them to even remotely understand them. I remember listening to a song on Lateralus (though I can't remember what it was), where I thought a song was absolute bollocks during the listen. Then, I closed my eyes for a second, and all of a sudden the song had an entirely new meaning. It was insane the way Tool could just become something so different when you take a look into the music.

>Another thing you should note about Tool is that it's easy to get a headache listening to them. Not because they're a bad band, but because of how many ideas their music is riddled with and how complex they are. Soon enough your head will fill to the brim and the rest will just sound like noise to you. Just turn it off and give it a listen the next day.

>If you don't like the music, you'll definitely at least enjoy reading through the lyrics, and picking apart the song itself and all of the artistic values that go into making it the complexity that it is.

Then I listened to them and realized they were fucking great and not at all how they're described above.

It's so deep dude. They're like, talking about flux, and math, and spirals and shit. Like, whoa

It's funny because this literally only applies to, like, two Tool songs outside of Lateralus.

But they have the positive of actually having good music unlike Lateralus and *retches* 10,000 Days

It means you have better taste than the faggots in this thread.

ok. The thread is about Lateralus you idiot

Yeah man, people who don't like Tool are just a bunch of faggots *smokes doobie made of oregano*

Has anyone thought that it is possible to enjoy Tools music without being a over pretentious philosophical loser or is hating Tool kinda just some big meme im missing.

dang, where's the hostility coming from? did i brush a raw nerve? did i hurt you, user?

no, you said something stupid so I called you an idiot

I'm not buying your claim that Lateralus is bad.

Lateralus is bad because it's literally a group of California Stoners trying to be deep and into the connectedness of all things because Adam Jones read one article on the Fibbonaccian sequence. It's cringeworthy as fuck. There are good songs however like ticks and leeches and The patient

Ænima=Undertow>Opiate=Lateralus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>,000 Days

Fixed It

it's not supposed to be taken seriously. Nobody's listening to tool to get deep or something it's just good music

>Nobody thinks Tool is deep
yeah right

i guess what i mean to say is that no one should get deep to tool because its not supposed to be spiritually enriching like some people make it out to be

So are you just supposed to accept the shitty lyrics in Opiate and Undertow? Haven't listened to any other Tool, but I assume it's about the same.

no, it's not bad because of any of these things. it might be bad because of elements that could be traced back to that kind of image but god i hate when people criticize any band by making a caricature of them. cringe is a dying meme, at this point it holds about as much weight as calling an album boring
but yeah the themes are vague as fuck so whatever. i guess if you look at them as an intro to spirituality for highschoolers or something that dont know about any of this there's some merit to it, there is a niche for that, same thing with radiohead or enter shikari and their social commentary, in a way. looking at them in this way got me over the hangup of seeing them as cringeworthy anyways