Why do people take music journalism so seriously...

Why do people take music journalism so seriously? Why do people treat professional reviews as a fact instead of an opinion?

We live in a time where the critic is championed and gets to decide who lives and who dies.

Because autists take music journalism seriously.
I can accept if someone reads and what not but treating reviews as a fact instead of opinion is absolutely stupid.
Taking it deathly serious is dumb

They probably don't take it as seriously as you think they do. Also what is wrong with it? if you enjoy music more because you find out its socially accepted what is the problem

Its a decent avenue for discovering music. I don't get the autists who wait up seeing with the autists at pitchfork write up about an album they've already listened to. I akin it to the folks who like to spend hours watching somebody else play video games, just not exactly to that extent. They need somebody to tell them how to feel about something.

do you deny the value of all professional criticism, or just music for some bizarre reason?

>professional criticism

people like critics because they either enjoy the confirmation bias, the validation that comes from someone of "esteem" approves of their taste, or because they have no taste of their own and parrot their taste maker of choice.

they get paid for their work
i.e., it is a profession.

Well I guess in that case Donald Trump is a professional businessman. Ugh the fucking morons on this board

I would love to know how you find your music. In reality. Not the bullshit world you are going to paint for me now.

>implying he isn't

words are difficult. do your political opinions color all your definitions?

because they're fucking idiots who just want to see someone with a bigger vocabulary than them agree with them

if anything 'profesional' criticism is less trustworthy than the opinions of random people on the internet. critics have too much skin on the game, they need their jobs and that means pleasing the boss and maintaining good relations with bands and labels

there are these things called friends and you do this thing called talking with them
most people have them

where do your friends hear about music from? do you all go from record label to record label and see which of their artists put out good music?

well for one, pretty much any music streaming service will recommend you similar things
secondly, there are places that sell music
third, there are websites like this one where people talk about music and don't get paid for it
also, many artists perform live and many of them perform live with other artists
and this one doesn't really apply to everyone but there's also the radio

i've come around to your way of thinking

tldr not everyone is a social degenerate that relies on the needle drop to find new music

yeah people like you really help to color my definitions of 'bigot' and 'asshole' :)

Dat passive aggressive smiley
You can just see the anal pain sizzlin' off it

whats that piccie from?

b-but he is

pretty much this

they can't articulate their own thoughts for shit so when they read a "professional" review of an album they get sucked into the big words, jargon, and whatever stupid fluff is thrown in to make the review seem eloquent and informed.

this happens with basically any form of media that is reviewed, it's not even specific to music.