Have you ever been stuck on an album to the point that you actively want to move on to other music but can't?

have you ever been stuck on an album to the point that you actively want to move on to other music but can't?

Pic related

I listened to Hunky Dory on repeat for most of my freshman year of high school.

I started listening to Hunky Dory just last month actually! Great album.

Life on Mars blew my mind

I listened to LCD Soundsystem almost exclusively for a solid year

how was it? anything in particular you enjoyed?

They're whole discog is fantastic, but start with Sound of Silver.

But I listened to them so much for two reasons:

>Their music is extremely catchy, to the point where I would think about a song all day and since that's what I thought about that's what I would listen to.

>LCDS is generally very layered and has a lot of attention to detail, making for high re-listen ability

>It's just really good

I'll check them out. thanks for the rec

I spent half a year nearly exclusively listening to The Beach Boys. I still listen to them often. I also loved Wildflower and suggest listening to Beach Boys' The Smile Sessions if you haven't. It's a big inspiration for Wildflower and they share a similar spirit

I'll give it a listen, thanks!

For me this was modal soul.

if you're listening on spotify, listen to the first 19 tracks (Good Vibrations being the last one) of "The Smile Sessions (Box Set)". The other Smile Sessions on spotify is a poorly done stereo mix with parts missing

I don't care if it's a meme, I have listened to this twenty times since Thursday and don't see myself stopping for weeks

You're just experiencing infatuation

Listened it too death

RIP XXX

yeah im digging the shit out of this.

is it a meme? I love this album

you make me sick op

What? The album is funky as fuck. I love it.

What's the point of this ms paint comic?
Yeah, some people like Wildflower more than SILY, no shit.

yeah but it sure as hell wasn't this album

you also make me sick .(see comic).

I still don't understand the point of the comic.
People have different opinions. I like SILY more, others like WF more. Okay.

And I hate WF, it's offensive to any fan who's waited this long. Also
>that pitchfork review
kek

the point is: wf is a visceral disappointment, and those who like it can only defend it with overly cerebral apologia.
and then theres a call back to sily. but the idea is inverted, because while that track implies that its been better for the narrator since he left, ironically for our cartoon character, the world is worse w/ wf.

Yep, I listened to that album so much in high school. Despite what Cred Forums says that album's beautiful.

reminder that that album was BTFO by marcel

>m-muh dance music!

Fuck off

Wildflower is an incredible album. No album could be worth 16 years of waiting but Wildflower is about as close as you can get.

no fucking album is worth a 16 year wait and that's why people haven't been sucking WF's dick

which is a shame because it's REALLY GOOD

You're both incredibly melodramatic.
WF is sonically different from SILY and it came out sixteen years later, so what's the point in comparison?

I've been waiting for something new after sily and I was disappointed with wf for not just being more sily.

however, sily still exists. it didn't go anywhere and it's still great to listen to. wf is different, and I like it for that.

Not only is WF different, but it's really good.
I don't enjoy it more than SILY, but the soundscape's really cool in a plunderphonics context, and I've never heard of something like that before.

'Going Home' and 'If I Was A Folkstar' are in my top 10 Avalanches tracks.

im explaining the cartoon for this autist who can't understand other people's intent or point of view.
jesus dweebs.

yes, and im sure the author of the cartoon would probably disagree. but i say to each his own (except for that frank sinatra track).

The artist of the comic obviously doesn't understand intent or point of view.

I only asked what was the point because it looked like someone went through the trouble of making a comic just to say that they don't like WF and they like SILY more, as if that's some strange opinion that gets him persecuted here on Cred Forums of all places.

i can't imagine that took more than 2 minutes to make, and yet you've been upset for almost an hour. let it go.

Hey Guys, its a recycled cartoon from another thread that I like to repost when we talk about this album because it's funny and WF sucks.
also
>that pitchfork review
KEK

this, fuck me i forgot about that

The Jai Paul leaked album. Literally couldn't listen to anything else for weeks