Okay Cred Forums...

okay Cred Forums, i love pic related; all of death grips' work; all of clipping's work; j dilla's 'donuts'; killer mike's 'R.A.P. music'; RTJ2; and unironically like yung lean

thought biggie's 2 albums and enter 36 chambers were okay, but not great

get me into more rap

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7_jbluF0qo
youtube.com/watch?v=xvMZTMpipGA
soundcloud.com/driverdriverdriverdriverdriverdriverdriverdriver/busdriver-ministry-of-the-torture-couch-feat-hemlock-ernst-prod-by-elos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

explore more records on the stones throw label
im sure you'll enjoy them

lil ugly mane

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7_jbluF0qo

this album user

GZA - Liquid Swords

Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Links

you'd probably like Busdriver, and if you like that there's a rich seam of west coast jazz-rap to follow that up with.

youtube.com/watch?v=xvMZTMpipGA
soundcloud.com/driverdriverdriverdriverdriverdriverdriverdriver/busdriver-ministry-of-the-torture-couch-feat-hemlock-ernst-prod-by-elos

This.

Also, check out all of the Weathermen - specifically El-P and Aesop Rock who are pretty popular. That should set you up to discover everything else on your own.

Organized Konfusion (sic) are also worth looking into, at least from a historical perspective since they influenced a lot of the contemporary guys.

DEF JUX
ANTICON

I cannot stop listening to 36 chambers still to this day. Absolutely shits on Straight Outta Compton, musically I mean. (Not "culturally" or however you'd define the importance that SOC had on society)

Jeru The Damaja- The Sun Rises In The East
Really slept on album.

Also Ka- Honor Killed The Samurai
One of the underrated albums this year.

>thought biggie's 2 albums and enter 36 chambers were okay, but not great
just give up right now
what the fuck is wrong with you

Check out Black Star. I waited far to long to listen to this.

you like meme rap. this taste is usually obtained when you post on Cred Forums for 1-2 weeks. seek help.

this

Shabazz Palaces, Cannibal Ox, Lil Ugly Mane, Vince Staples

also obviously check out related projects from the stuff you listed: quasimoto, madlib solo shit, Jaylib, older El-P stuff, etc etc

Danny Brown - XXX
Czarface - Every Hero Needs A Villian
Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villian
Chester Watson - Past Cloaks
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - PiƱata
Ab-Soul - Control System
Ol' Dirty Bastard - Return to 36 Chambers The Dirty Version
Joey Bada$$ - Summer Knights
Dumbass he's trying to get into HipHop, he never claimed to be an expert.

check out 88 rising, most of it is shit but there are a couple of good artists that signed

GZA - Liquid Swords!!

You should look into the more soul and jazz side of rap. I would suggest first listening to de la soul and a tribe called quest.

MF Doom- Operation Doomsday
MF Doom- Special Herbs and Spices
King Geedorah-Take Me to Your Leader
Freddie Gibbs and Madlib-Pinata
Madlib- Shades of Blue
Peanut Butter Wolf- My Vinyl Ways a Ton
Ski Beatz- 24 Hour Karate School
J Dilla - Jay Love Japan
Company Flow-Funcrusher Plus
Cannibal Ox- The Cold Vein
Cannibal Ox- Blade of the Ronin
BLACKIE- Spred Luv
Leave him alone. "Muh Biggie, Muh Tupac", two most overrated MCs in the game.

he just said he only likes truly meme hip-hop
biggie is dope though. the guy talked shit about wu' too - he obviously doesn't understand hip-hop at all.

Ya busdrivers great

I agree Wu Tang is great (GZA or Nas is the GOAT imo) but 36 Chambers isn't exactly the easiest album to get into. It has a battle rap/ schizophrenic style that I think a lot of people are not going to find appealing. You might like GZA and Raekwon, but not be feeling Ol Dirty Bastard, or vice versa.

Honestly if I was trying to get a friend into Wu Tang, I have them listen to Liquid Swords, Cuban Linx, and maybe 12 Reasons to Die before 36 Chambers

I like Liquid

saul williams might be something you like
or edan
also check out mos def my dude

Yeah he's no way near your level, you have listened to the 90's essentials after all.

>death grips
>clipping
>donuts
>killer mike
>run the jewels
>yung lean
>madvillainy

these are all without exceptions, meme artits. op with the subtle troll here. if u like them tho check out danny brown - atrocity exhibition its the meme album of the moment

then check out lil ugly mane and kanye west, as they are 2 other great meme rappers u may enjoy

Illmatic is always a must listen