I have shit taste in music. I only listen to shit and I hate it. My taste consists of King Crimson...

I have shit taste in music. I only listen to shit and I hate it. My taste consists of King Crimson, Death Grips and Eurobeat. I get constantly shat on by my friends for not listening to rap and pop and shit but I just can't get into it. They keep referencing all these rappers and shit and i don't get any of it, and when I don't get one of their shitty rap jokes they spend the next hour yelling at me. How do I stop having shit taste?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uGCpxOLIzZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Listen to the following artists:
Frank Zappa
Captain Beefheart
Can
Faust
Kraftwerk
Mike Oldfield
Mike Keneally
Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Charles Mingus
Thelonious Monk
Albert Ayler
Busdriver

Or just listen to
Carly Rae Jepsen

This guy knows his shit. Except for Busdriver and the two Mikes.

Here's a noble fucking concept dude: stop trying. Your music taste is an effortless thing. Your passions in life are not always going to be what's popular or regarded as "cool" but so long as it's genuine it will be worth it. Your friends probably give a shit about the music they like so they get really into it and listen to a lot of it, even if it's ultimately shit tier. Much in life is about sincerity and letting go, dude

>Knows His Shit
>literally all Cred Forumscore but like two and they're both shit

You like what you like user, fuck em
If you really want to get into hiphop i guess go with atcq, probably one of the most accessible groups to get started on. If your looking for recs on modern hiphop, i cant help ya too much, try future young thug? Idek

Not saying they're super cool or obscure, and there is better music than what he lists, but as a gateway from Death Grips they are some pretty solid essentials.

They're sub Cred Forumscore. They are also all great. Please refrain from posting further.

>My taste consists of King Crimson, Death Grips and Eurobeat.
Absolutely Patrician

Ignore this idiot.

lol yea man, ignore me, and like all these other fucking numales just consult whichever music reviewer you idolize and listen to what they tell you is good. If it doesn't sound good to you, ignore that and act like it's high-concept. Try hard to fit in and pretend like other people give a shit about you

hey that's fair dude. I wasn't necessarily shitting on the groups, just shitting on the applause this guy got for knowing pretty prolific shit

one of these is not like the others

seek some better mates, friend

>numales
Nope
>consult whatever music reviewer
As opposed to mindlessly accepting reddit, fandango, and market consensus.
>ignore that and act like it's high-concept
I listen to what sounds good to me, and that's usually complicated, bizarre or abrasive stuff. Something like Queen might be well made, but it's so simple my mind just paces around it unnocupied, waiting for something challenging and meaty to pop up.
>pretend like other people give a shit about you
I know for a fact people don't give a shit about my music taste. Jesus, music is a hobby.

Oh my fuck dude we actually are saying the same thing you just for some reason got offended. I was just suggesting that you listen to what appeals to you, not what is the coolest or considered the most advanced or whatever. But also I wish I didn't agree with you because you sound like a pretentious fuck.

>challenging and meaty
>Faust

I'm not the guy who posted that list.

And I feel so bad I came off as too pretentious to a person who unironically calls people numales on the 4chans.

Either you're being bullied by uninteresting normies or you're completely oblivious to banter... Or it's a shitposting thread.

It's not likely you'll ever know too many people who share all of your interests - I've never met another person who likes exactly what I do and of the people I currently hang out with most there are none I can actually have a proper discussion with and it's pretty awful.

Either make other friends to talk about music with or stop talking about music. Either your friends are radio drones or you're a Cred Forums drone lifting your taste from essentials charts posted here like one of the friends of mine I previously eluded to.

how did you find these obscure gems?

just start wearing a hat. people won't fuck with you then

Atmosphere is a good introduction to the kind of hip-hop you'd want.

youtube.com/watch?v=uGCpxOLIzZ8

this may sound crazy, but just listen to the music that you like...

what does taste matter anyway?

>Cred Forumscore
its scaruffi core newfags