Can we all agree that they keep getting better?

Can we all agree that they keep getting better?
I know they get a lot of hate here because of "not le true jazz", but still. This album is on a whole different level than their earlier stuff.

wut

yeah i dig em too. my favorite release from them so far, way more emotion put into this one

BBNG2 is still my favorite of theirs but I like IV quite a bit

They get hate because they're not true jazz because jazz purists look down upon anyone that tries to make jazz music in a more accessible format or that mixes in more accessible genres.

yes. im listening to the album right now

then why is nobody talking shit about Steve Lehman's new release which blends hip hop and jazz?

Yeah 2 is more agressive and loaded I'd say but this album I dunno feels like more mature to me, and way more chill.

They are, and the trve jazz kvlt can piss off

Their work on the Jerry Paper album this year was great as well

I agree with that. I really dig And That, Too., Confessions Pt. II and Hyssop of Love

BBNG is more popular here.

I liked III more then IV honestly. The non-hiphop vocal tracks were fucking great though.

Plebeian garbage. Literally the Smooth Jazz of this generation.

BBNG is to Jazz what Lindsey Stirling is to Classical Music.

maybe true but some of it is pretty good

im pretty new to jazz so of course im gonna like the easier more accessible shit

they're not smooth jazz though

I'm fucking sick of these "muh real jazz" fags acting like BBNG and Kasami Washington are on the same level as Kenny G or something, that's complete bullshit and you know it.

Kenny G's not smooth jazz though

I'm fucking sick of these "muh real jazz" fags acting like Kenny G is on the same level as BBNG or Kamasi Washington or something, that's complete bullshit and you know

One of my good friends has been jazz drumming for like a decade and fucks heavily with badbad, says all his teachers think Kamasi is great and doing some really interesting shit relative to more classically respected artists nowadays. Not sure where the jazz people hating these guys myth comes from in my personal experience

they're not trve jazz, but this is certainly their best effort yet

I thought their debut was mediocre, should I listen to their other albums?

BBNG listeners, tell me what you think of the following artists or be outed as a pleb:

>Vijay Iyer
>Steve Lehman
>Maria Schneider
>Dave Holland
>Tigran Hamaysaan

The "jazz people" are underage teenagers that listened to one album in the esoteric RYM jazz chart.

they're not anywhere in Scaruffi's top jazz list so they can't be too important

the reality is people who use their taste as social posturing on the internet make the distinction of trve jvzz

>BBNG listeners, tell me what you think of the following artists that literally nobody knows of and that I probably made up on the spot or be outed as pleb:

>Vijay Iyer
jtg core
>Steve Lehman
jtg core
>Maria Schneider
jtg core
>Dave Holland
jtg core
>Tigran Hamaysaan
probably jtg core

BBNG 2 > IV >Sour Soul > BBNG > III

But in all honesty I'll always look forward to whatever they do next and they've been consistent as hell with producting for other artists.

I met these guys twice irl bc I live in Toronto.
Very cool, down to earth ppl - as cheesy as that sounds. Appreciative of their fans and are always gracious.

As for ratings, I found IV to have a great set of songs, but not as cohesive as II or even III was.

I'd go for I>III>II>IV>SS
Only because I'm not a huge fan of Ghostface but that's my problem.