Ghost

What does Cred Forums think of the progressive metal band Ghost and specifically their new EP, Popestar.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/Arcalimon/occult_rock__best_modern_bands/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm just getting into them, they're pretty good. But I'm only listening to the new Neurosis album right now desu.

Listening to Meliora right now because I'm seeing them in Detroit tomorrow and haven't listened to them before.

their first album is by far their best album imo

>prog metal is interchangeable with black metal
stick to indie pop, redditor

yeah I plan on listening to that next. Then popestar. I've heard Infestissumam isn't very good so I'll go to that one last.

I think they are a bit overrated, but I fucking love that album art.

hated them at first, now I think they're alright. Their singer is a little too poppy though.

I love scooby doo

If you want to be specific they are a black prog metal group that is far lighter on the rock scale than their contemporaries

Blue Oyster Slipknot. Pure shit. Take away the masks and you have a mediocre 70s band.

What the fuck are these retards talking about? These guys aren't prog or black metal

this. listen to purson instead family. still a 70s worship band, just not shit

ok they're proto tech black but you get the point. anyone who just calls them prog shouldn't be listening to metal

Right on!

Cringey fucker

I know man OP shouldn't be getting his genre pronouns wrong

I really don't get why people call Ghost black metal.

They're doom metal if anything, though I'd be more inclined to just call them hard rock, or maybe nostalgia metal.

Boring.
For the imagery they pull i was expecting something far more exciting.
They're 70's rock worship you dolt, just like BöC not metal at all, other bands from this period were called metal because of their influence only.

Not even that they're wrong, just the usage of words like that is why the overwhelming majority of this board have awful taste in music.

This guy gets it. If Ghost is anything but good old Metal/Hard Rock, you could call them poppy Doom. No, not Pop-doom fusioncore metal, a simple adjective is fine, you autists.

>They're 70's rock worship you dolt, just like BöC not metal at all, other bands from this period were called metal because of their influence only.
what the fuck are you talking about? metal wasn't invented until iron maiden created proto death rush prog in 1988

>iron maiden created proto death rush prog in 1988
top kek

Things you really want to be but never will be:
>A good troll
>Funny

>A good troll
I mean I'd been doing this for half a thread before anyone realized

>Funny
bit rude, also

So you (an autist) made another autist laugh

I also triggered you, so I get credit for anyone laughing at you right now

You keep thinking you hurt my feelings if it makes you feel any better about your lack of comedic talent bb boy

not my fault you can't comprehend blackened avant-doom humour

>prog metal
Dude ghost is poppy butt-metal. That being said they are ok for poppy butt-metal

Their first album is still the best thing that they've done.

But Meliora was simply good and Square Hammer is pretty catchy.

Fucking shit. Honestly.

Awesome band, been listening to them since 2011.. wouldnt call it progressive metal though.

The new EP sucks bad. Square Hammmer is the only song that I find good there.

dude.. I just started listening to The Circle and the Blue Door. Holy shit you changed my life

glad you like them

try knifeworld as well. more prog than psych influenced but pretty cool.

is this some kind of beatles stoner rock?

purson? yeah. but good songwriting is good songwriting, and I guess they take a lot of general influence from lates 60s/early 70s stuff including prog

knifeworld is one of the few actually progressive bands that gets labelled with prog around in the 2010s

I meant knifeworld, just reminded me of some proggy stoner stuff with a hint of beatles. probably the english accent tho

I really loved Purson, have you ever heard Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats?

yeah, there was a period when I listened to all of these types of bands. if you want more check out this list:

rateyourmusic.com/list/Arcalimon/occult_rock__best_modern_bands/

thank you so much