Why do you hate this?

Why do you hate this?

it feels like someone throwing a burrito on your windshield

cuz it's shit

Why do you feel this way?

literally the dark souls 2 of anco

I don't. In fact I like it more than Painting With.

I don't, it's just not as good as their other stuff

It came after mpp

I'd like it more if the mixing wasn't so dense.

What do you guys think the worst AnCo/AnCo associated album is? I'd probably say Tomboy.

don't hate it, just easily their worst
not catchy and well produced enough to stand up to their pop work, not organic and strange enough to stand up to their more experimental work. it's just kind of there.

Tomboy is Panda's best. My vote would have to be slasher flicks, which is sad, because i adore down there.

tomboy has like two good songs

tomboy has all good songs

fuc off plebe

let me guess, you like pbmtgr

yes i do (or at least i like the singles a lot) but to be fair alsatian darn + scheherazade probably beats anything on pbvsgr

It makes me feel nothing
It's also top-heavy, and the vocal effects are annoying

Painting With is wayyyy better

kek

CHz: 10/10
PW: 9/10

I don't
SJ = Feels = Sung Tongs > MPP = STGSTV > HCTI = CHz > Danse > PW

All of his albums since PP are 10s silly

>HCTI = CHz
get the fuck out. one is an indisputable 10/10, packed to the brim with raw emotion to the point where it's heartbreaking to even listen to. The other is a band making a sad attempt to replicate past success, and quite poorly at that. Though, I will admit, I have come to enjoy Painting With quite a bit.

well, given your post here it would seem you just have low standards.

I might have underrated HCTI but it's definitely not a 10. I find it too scattered creatively personally. Definitely not as cohesive as their best work. CHz isn't nearly as bad as you're suggesting either, it has a good number of really solid tracks.

By your logic, I should still like Animal Collective's other albums more and I don't

Oh it's just bad taste then?

Are you asking me or telling me? :^)

It's sweet but forgettable, as in I can't remember a thing about it besides the fact that I liked it.

I don't even really dislike CHz, I just can't think of an animal collective album I wouldn't prefer over it
I mean I really love Painting With but even I wouldn't give it a 9, it's very much an 8 album to me. CHz is my least favorite Anco. If you honestly think that they're their two best projects, I think you need to listen to their discography more carefully.

HCTI > SJ > STGSTV > Feels > MPP > CS > ST > {CHz, DM, PW}
I can't decide which is the worst out of those last three. DM is the most interesting but is just produced really terribly.
Also Panda has not released a single bad album. Even his self-titled juvenilia debut is great.

I don't. It's their second weakest project in my opinion (DM being the weakest) but by no means bad. Anco hasn't put out anything truly bad. CHz is just less consistent in its quality. There are some fantastic tracks but also some more forgettable ones. Still better than a lot of artists' best works though.

>If you honestly think that they're their two best projects, I think you need to listen to their discography more carefully
They're the band that essentially got me into music. I've listened to them almost too much.

The main reason why I rank PW and CHz so highly is because most of the music that I like is heavily electronic, and I appreciate that strong influence on both of those albums. To me personally, they are also the band's most aesthetically unique and ambitious works. It's the same reasons for why I find PBVSGR to be a 10. In all seriousness I can't expect people to agree with me, but I partially believe that it's because most of Cred Forums isn't really into a lot of electronic music.

That's the biggest complaint about the album.

I think another big part of it is that the songs themselves just aren't that good. People, when they talk about anco, spend most of the time reflecting on the feelings and the energies behind each album rather than talk about exactly how brilliant the songwriting is. On chz they were okay, but they all had the same structure and were mostly kinda eh. !

New Town Burnout is one of the high points in their career tho

What this guy said. Most of the songs had real bad hooks or indiscernible sounds, instruments or melodies.
Amanita is such a good closer though. Seeing that live was amazing.

i don't

because i hate all blandimal collective memebums

you're a funny guy. tell me a joke.

animal collective

Why did the Mexican take Xanax?

For Hispanic attacks.

Panting With for sure (tho I've only listened to it twice...maybe it has room to grow, but i doubt it).

And Tomboy is dope man. Nowhere near the heights of AnCo's best stuff, but Tomboy is good shit man.

i really really really like this joke :^)

Save it, it's all yours :)

I don't it's a pretty good album, way better than painting with

I don't.

It's my favourite AnCo.

>74
>7.4

Lol only 90s kids will remember this

It's a great record though

Painting With is a grower, but it still isn't as good as any of their other stuff.

I actually really enjoy it. Very good for road trips.

Only wish Gotham was the closer. That song is god-like.

Painting With Live is miles better than Painting With. Check out the two live albums they released.

I don't hate it. It's their worst, but it's still plenty enjoyable. I think I've found a new appreciation for it as of late too.

Oh wow I totally forgot Campfire Songs, didn't I? I wouldn't rank it all that high anyways. I do think you're hugely underrating Sung Tongs though.

I can agree with CHz being a little blander, safer, and less stylized than the rest of their discography but I think their songwriting at least partially made up for it (though IMO SJ was their peak as songwriters)

>SJ was their peak as songwriters
You speak the truth brother. Unfortunately I do think the songwriting is one of the things that really needs improvement on CHz. The production certainly lends Anco a totally new sound, but the songs themselves are so totally uninteresting that I feel like all the efforts to make this an interesting and engaging record were completely futile.

MEME
E
M
E

This, as well as that the songs are largely jumbled together in the first place. A lot of Avey tracks sound more like 3 different songs stapled together awkwardly, and almost no song has time to breath overall. Amazingly, Pulleys gets shit on a lot despite that it's one of the best tracks on the album. Pulleys, Crimson, Gotham, and Honeycomb are proof that underneath all the chaos lies a pretty good album that they suffocated. Painting With was better despite having less interesting ideas because it was fantastically mixed.