The "oasis was huge back in the day" meme needs to die

The "oasis was huge back in the day" meme needs to die.

they never had more than one hit in America and three in the UK
they never played a concert to 250,000 people.
they were never front page news.
they never broke any sales records.
nobody ever liked or cared about them.

didnt read but not a meme
go to bed damon

is a meme

fuck oasis

WHATS YOUR STORY MORNING GLORY YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
NEED A LITTLE TIME TO WAKE UP

I dunno if the last 20 years had bought something decent but it didn't, so , you end up the worse for it. like, what I keeo saying, you stop people, but it's to your detriment, you end up with less even though personally you get more. it's self defeating, you're stragnling your own system . lie, fucking flastlining, beyone repair the damge.

"I Kill You" you kill yourself

I rule and destroy all

you kill yourself, you rule a barren and unhappy land. Our death is your self immolation ... you'll see

oasis have always fucking sucked

please stop talking about them

>pls don't talk about things i don't like

oasis were basically the beatles of the 90s and noel gallagher is the best song writter behind paul mccartney.

Stop the Clocks [Sony/BMG, 2006]

One of the many things I never got about this band was where the Beatles were. Where was the ebullience, the wit, the harmonies, God just the singing, and, uh, the songwriting? Cotton Mather made me understand that when Oasis say they love the Beatles they really mean they love the post-Help!, pre-Sgt. Pepper Beatles. Since that span encompasses Rubber Soul and Revolver, many would say tally ho, but (a) not me 'cause I love the Beatles start to finish and (b) only if you're writing songs as good as, uh, "We Can Work It Out." Instead Oasis, meaning loudmouth bro Noel Gallagher, write songs that resemble "We Can Work It Out" in thickened texture and momentum but not depth or charm, then add arena size in the swagger of the drums and the bigged-up vocals themselves. This band-selected best-of--two discs lasting 87 minutes, like an old-fashioned double-LP except it's only 18 tracks--capture their sonic moment as fully as any freelance music historian needs. A 2010 package repeats 11 of these songs and adds 16 others--too many, I say. Also, it omits the opening "Rock 'n' Roll Star." If ever there were guys whose message to the world is summed up by an opener called "Rock 'n' Roll Star," it's these bigheads. B+

Literally name an Oasis song that doesn't rip off the Beatles. Oh wait you can't.

Wonderwall

Which is a cover of a song from the 50s.

No it's not you fucking retard

you said the beatles and I proved you wrong

manners never hurt anyone

>writes an entire paragraph insulting Oasis
>gives the CD a B+ anyway

>Which is a cover of a song from the 50s.
literally what

That's false

oasis are so fucking overhyped...
they had two decent songs:
wonderfall and dont look in anger

the other ones r shit.

kys faggot

did you even read what was in the op? i'm not an oasis fan by any means

desu yellow submarine was ok too.

still, kys.

montie just stop it oasis are shit

oasis is great what are you talking about?
come to manchester and you'll see why everyone loves them

>they never had more than one hit in America and three in the UK
Oh this thread again?

this. They'v had twenty-six Top 40 hits, twenty-three Top 10s, eight Number 1s, and most people of a certain age in the UK are probably familiar with every song and several B-sides off the first two albums.

Also, Oasis only had 3 singles chart on the Hot 100 in the US because they didn't release physical singles except for those three, but still had like five other songs chart in the Top 40 for radio airplay alone.

how do you know so much about them?

Why don't you?

It's called google.

idk i just like a few albums

Typical ignorant American, thinking that anything that occurs outside of their country is completely irrelevant.

Because this fucking thread gets made everyday despite the fact that OP's claims are clear bullshit and get debunked everytime.

>they were never front page news.

hey do you like afro beat?

Everyone in Manchester loves them because people from Manchester feel the need to talk up anything that comes out of that city like it's the centre of the universe rather than somewhere where a handful of popular bands happen to come from, hence why The Courteeners are even a thing.

You are literally the same as scousers.

>NME
>news
Talking about actual press/real newspapers, not some half rate indie rock gossip rag.

god they were such a rip off, just look how he tried to look like john lennon so much

Nice goalpost shifting but I can do this all day.

>You are literally the same as scousers.

i'm not from manchester mate

>come to manchester

My bad.

manchester is proud of two things
it's music
it's football

and we are the best at both things so fuck off you prick

Again, can you cite actual legitimate newspapers, not magazines talking about Oasis?

ok dubs decide

is oasis shit or not

if dubs: no

Oasis sounded much more like fucking Slade and the Stones and the Jam than the Beatles though. They were anthemic chugging pub rock through and through.

t. person who wasn't alive during the 90's

>its music
Yeah The Smiths and the Roses are fantastic bands, but when was the last time a genuinely exciting, game changing band came out of Manchester? Definitely not since the turn of the century.

You just dine off past glories.

>its football
One club which is on a downward slide, the other who were always shite until they got bought out by pure fluke. If you're a Man United fan, again, past glories.

>can you cite actual legitimate newspapers
Not stated in OP so not relevant.

Noel Gallagher was invited to Number 10 by the Prime Minister of Great Britain

all that for a one hit wonder that he didn't even right?

but not its grammar

Wonderwall - Words and Music by Noel Gallagher
Copyright 1995

no way theres definitely a version of that song from the 50s

>they never had more than one hit in America and three in the UK
>they never played a concert to 250,000 people.
>they were never front page news.
>they never broke any sales records.
>nobody ever liked or cared about them.
Literally wrong on all fronts except not being big in America, but who really gives a shit, they were the biggest all around the world - America isn't as important as Americans think (source: everyone outside America).

Do we only talk about this guy because his opinions are laughably shit?

Those chords are wrong.