Vinylfags actually wholeheartedly with every fiber of their being believe this

>vinylfags actually wholeheartedly with every fiber of their being believe this

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Myths_(Vinyl)
mcelhearn.com/do-vinyl-records-sound-better-than-cds-spoiler-nope/
wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Disadvantages_(Vinyl)
youtube.com/watch?v=abUcpCtMke0
discogs.com/Assück-Misery-Index/release/471862
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That quote is presented in a cheesy shitty way but it's true and I think you're willfully misinterpreting it

Who cares, CDs were made obsolete by digital download.

oh my god just shut the fuck up lmao

I think you're a little upset because life has surface noise

lmao lol rofl

>aggressively disliking a type of physical media so much that you made this thread

i wonder what it's like being you

you know you're right

As a vinyl collector myself I don't have anything against it, but it's not the sound quality that's better it's the cover art. Anyone who says the sound quality is better is a fucking idiot. Unless you have some super audiophile fully analogue equipment you're not gonna get a better sound. Besides most things are pressed digitally so you're not getting better quality anyways.

friendly reminder
wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Myths_(Vinyl)
mcelhearn.com/do-vinyl-records-sound-better-than-cds-spoiler-nope/

>Cred Forums suddenly hates vinyls

What the fuck happened?

>but it's not the sound quality that's better it's the cover art
jfc

we grew up

Also CD revival when?

science and common sense prevailed

>Anyone who says the sound quality is better is a fucking idiot.

except records from the 60s and 70s when records were mastered for analog DO sound better than the shitty digital remasters 99% of the time.

no reason to buy vinyl copies of most records after the 90s though, other than for packaging and all.

Vinyl is the best futureproof format. Simple for future aliens to deduce how they work, unlike CDs and magnetic tape. There's a reason why Scientology bought out most of the DMM machines in the 80's and are using them to record Hubbard's speeches and keeping them safe in a bunker somewhere in the desert.

>records from the 60s and 70s
except for the fact that every time you play a record you lose a little fidelity. might a mint vintage copy sound better on the first play? maybe. on the thousandth play? highly unlikely

Yeah that's really the main reason for collecting. Even CDs have the cover art and shit so in reality it doesn't matter what to collect.

It's also a reason why the Voyager golden record was conceived.

You will never achieve 1000 vinyl plays in your life, not even your children and your children's children

>on the thousandth play
what kind of mother fucking pleb listens to a single record a thousand times??

>Professional estimates for the stylus surface temperature during playback are 300-500 °F. Obviously, the temperature of the record is at or close to room temperature except at the stylus contact point - otherwise the record would completely melt. Back-to-back playback will introduce slightly more distortion than a fresh play. This is believed to be a temporary effect and goes away after approx. 10 minutes.
>Repeated playback (no matter what the timeframe) carries the risk of permanent damage. Obviously, records are observed to wear out with repeated play. No published evidence exists of back-to-back playback causing any more permanent damage than if repeated plays are separated by any longer period of time.
uh oh. did a scientific fact hurt your lil' fee fees? lol

So?

reposting this

>the fact that every time you play a record you lose a little fidelity
lol, right? vinyl sounds sooooo good though

It requires 1000 plays to even begin the sound degradation. Vinyl is not like wax cylinders or shellac, which both wear out in a few plays. You're seriously underestimating vinyl.

Also don't play them on a Crosley like a bitch.

>Repeated playback (no matter what the timeframe) carries the risk of permanent damage.
>(no matter what the timeframe)
>It requires 1000 plays to even begin the sound degradation.
lol, no it doesn't. the sound degradation starts the first time you play the record

can't hear your complaining over all this surface noise

I meant noticeable sound degradation.

There's this theory that after the first playback you should wait for 20 minutes maybe to "cool it down", otherwise it'd speed up the material degradation, but it's nothing more than a theory, there's no evidence or facts to back that up.

this, cds are worthless since they have no collectible value, vinyl on the other hand, does

Wtf, I love cassettes now

you realize you're misunderstanding that quote right

they're debunking the myth that repeated back-to-back playing is degrades vinyl and that spacing out plays will help with this. they are just noting that, regardless of time frame, repeated plays will extremely gradually degrade the quality of a record, and that no amount of time spent waiting for the record to "cool down" will change that.

no one here is claiming that records don't degrade over time, but it's pretty well established that it takes an incredibly large number of plays of a single record before any amount of degradation occurs

>the fact that every time you play a record you lose a little fidelity
>no one here is claiming that records don't degrade over time
so you admit I was right to begin with then. cool

I don't understand you. Nobody ever once said you were wrong. You THOUGHT we did because you can't read, and now you're acting all indignant.

I guess I shouldn't expect much more from someone who goes out of there way to make a thread just to insult people who consume media differently than him. Hopefully your weekdays are a tad more eventful than the Sunday night you just spent a fraction of yelling at people on the internet for liking a thing you don't like.

Jesus fucking christ, you cunts are pathetic.

All you cunts care about is the fucking format and not the music itself

>format does not influence the music

Nothing is forever, my man.

Vinyl records exist for 70 years now. Plenty of old records, conservatively (not in a paranoid way) played and well-kept will still sound good. CDs are only 30 years old, and while there are CDs from back then that still play whole, some others already suffered from disc rot.

>mfw just payed $12 for my favorite album in near mint condition when it is actually worth $35

>but it's pretty well established that it takes an incredibly large number of plays of a single record before any amount of degradation occurs
nope.
wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Disadvantages_(Vinyl)
>Turntables and cartridges require periodic maintenance and alignment by a professional, usually a repairman or a dealer. Otherwise you must learn how to tune a system by hand, which may require a great deal of time to perfect. Maintenance may be necessary anytime a turntable is moved or reconfigured.
>Any play of a record, even one, has the risk of permanently damaging the record. Repeated playback with an excessively worn or misaligned cartridge will cause permanent damage.
pretty much the only thing you can count on is fucking up a record every time you play it and degrading the sound quality

You're right, all these fags attacking people who prefer vinyl is pretty pathetic.

I love obnoxious shit like this ironically, would wear on shirt

literally all that says is mishandling a record or playing it with trash equipment will damage it.

that's like saying cds have the disadvantage of being damaged if you shake your cd player around after putting the cd in and pressing play.

I'd be fine if you like to listen on or prefer vinyl. But the moment you start talking how superior it is is the moment you need to shut the fuck up.

>with an excessively worn or misaligned cartridge
There you go. If your shit is set up properly, it's a non issue.

>admits I was right to begin with
>proceeds to cry about it
vinyl fags everybody
>CDs
>disc rot
your arguments for your obsolete physical formats are hilarious

But that isn't all that huge of a drawback because you can get a better sound out of CDs or digital files anyways.

>vinyl fags everybody

Why are you so angry, user?

you vs yourself

every time you listen to music you probably lose a little fidelity

i know i've wrecked the shit outta my ears just playing with friends too

But digital music still suffer from rotational velocidensity

I think you're misunderstanding something, pretty much no one in this thread is arguing that Vinyl sounds better than other formats

i've been lurking this thread sf but this guy might be one of the most militant autists i've seen on this board to date

so much misplaced aggression towards some hipster faggot internet strangers on a stop motion animated series photograph exchange website

>b-but m-my system is setup properly
>l-literally p-perfect
>I-I'm not damaging my records and losing sound quality every time I'm playing them
lol, delusional obsolete physical formats fags are hilarious

>Somebody was trying to tell me that Titanic is a terrible movie because it has bad dialogue.
>I said "listen mate, Life has bad dialogue".
- James Cameron

Really makes you ponder

>misplaced
lol

go back to Cred Forums, you're clearly not fit for logical conversation

True, but all true FLAC collectors know that the rate of rotational velocidensity is so slow that it only shows after 1000 plays.

i hope you realize that there's no actual argument in this post, and that your small angry voice isn't being heard by anyone except for a couple strangers on the internet who are going to forget you ever existed in less than 30 minutes after this thread gets pruned

>FLAC collectors

One of you vinyl faggots give me a reason vinyl is superior to digital concerning the music itself.

No references to anything other that the music.

I'll wait.

No one here is advocating vinyl as superior. Just buy what you want to buy.

maybe there's not? you seem to believe vinyl collectors only collect vinyl for some sort of pure analog sound or whatever

>not exclusively listening to albums that you pressed onto laserdisc

fuck this board

Every single musician, critic and intellectual buys vinyl.

My FLAC collection is pretty small, but I don't have many FLAC stores in my area with anything good, most of them are used. I prefer just downloading vinyls online, much easier.

you're not making us look good

>not having all your music transcribed into sign language

in five years or so.

i'm still waiting for an eight track revival

there is none, with the one extremely specific exception of old records which haven't been digitally remastered well yet. a lot of digital remasters suffer from the loudness wars and sound like shit so the only good masters are the ones mastered for analog, pressed to vinyl.

that's literally it. and nobody itt ever said otherwise, so i don't know why you're stomping your proverbial foot down here and acting like you're challenging us to say something we have literally been saying this entire time.

>not converting each and every song in your library into braille

wtf I love vinyl now?

If it's not superior why would you buy it?

Do you go to the grocery store and buy the rotten fruit instead of the fresh fruit?
>le bandwagon

that has nothing to do with the music.

>not having your guru transfer all the musical chi to you
this board is for people who are serious about mucus

Because I want it? Because I'm a material-fetishizing bitch? Who knows. Seek the answers yourself.

because I like having a big cool version of albums I love? they are visually appealing and they don't sound like shit or anything

also
>MUH FALLACIES

>not pressing each album on a 12" disc made of vinyl pellets and tracking the vibrations with a needle and using an amplifier to make the vibrations audible and playing them back through speakers or headphones.

Try harder next time, plebs

food =/= music

>implying superior musical sound quality is the sole reason to purchase music

Why would I care what the worst of humanity thinks
There is nothing inherently wrong with following the actions of your betters, it is how you become better yourself.
Yes it does.

>If it's not superior why would you buy it?

anyone who isn't a braindead fuck buys vinyl over cds/digital because of the packaging, and the interactivity.

if you want my own personal reasons besides liking blown up cover art, liner notes, inserts, etc., my short answer would be "bargain bins". i generally spent 5 dollars or less on my records because i'm into enough old music that was released when vinyl was the only option that i can find a ton of stuff i like in bargain bins. i've literally never bought a new record. gotten some as gifts, but i've never spent money on one.

hitting bargain bins and grabbing some cheap 3 dollars records with cool cover art is a fun and cheap way to discover new music. i go record shopping once a month and take about 20 bucks out of my monthly budget to just hit a record store and go to town.

you really gotta relax, user. getting this mad over something that doesn't affect you is unhealthy

>worst of humanity
wicked nickname, thanks

>not having sex with CD
you don't like music do you

>Not youtube-to-mp3ing all of your music over and over until all you hear is harsh noise
do you guys even like music?

>Yes it does.
no. audience is irrelevant in deciding artistic merit.
people who care about who listens to something are doing it for status, not for the music.

>not pressing your music in a small 5" plastic disc with small holes pressed on the outermost layer in a spiral form with a metallic sheet layer behind it so that a laser beam could be able to read it and transform the data back to sound

>there is none

I know there is none. Why would someone spend money on obsolete black plastic disks wrapped in a cardboard sleeve when you could download a superior sound file online for free. The answer? Right here:
>reasons other than music
Laughing my fucking ass off.

You're welcome.
Your pathetic need to be an individual blinds you to the evidence. People who know music, listen to it all of the time and compose it buy vinyl because it is superior. Only utter peasants listen to it on their computers or buy CDs. You haven't heard a piece of music until you've either heard it live or heard it vinyl
FACT.

yeah you get em

>Laughing my fucking ass off.

but user, my reasons literally have to do with music. i discover new music by buying bargain bin records. it's something i do on the side of just running through rym charts of genres i feel like exploring, and i've found a ton of cool stuff for 3-5 dollars just from digging around bargain bins.

way to not read my post, you angry, angry boy.

Vinly is really just a way to connect better to your collection. All the positives are true (sound quality, etc) as are the negatives. But it's not about that. Listen to records, you got to slow down. There's physical packaging to deal with, forces you to interact with it. So you read the liner notes, admire the artwork. Laying it on the platter, pressing play. Changing records. You have to pay attention. Too many fucktards on this board want a terabyte drive to carry around and leave on shuffle. But want to walk around, "I'm so patrician. I have a bunch of songs from some east European autist transgender memerapper I downloaded off youtube. But I don't know the song titles or anything about the artist's process or who else worked on the songs.". Get the fuck over yourselves if you've got a problem with people who choose to interact with their media on different levels. It's not wrong to care about music on--wait for it--a fucking music discussion board.

Cry more poorfag, enjoy your inferior music. I bet you've never heard a vinyl once in your life.

>why would you pay for music when you can just download it for free
I understand everything now

>getting this angry at literally nothing
>not supporting artists and acting superior for it

do I need to buy vinyls because I believe they have some sort of superior quality?
sounds like you have some growing up to do

>worrying about your music being "mint"
VINYLFAGS BTFO

Here's another (You) as a commiseration for committing yourself to the act of what I figure is the internet equivalent of dancing naked on the street begging people for loose change.

lol 0k

>reasons other than the music itself

Prove me wrong then.

Seriously. I'll wait.

Pro tip: you can't.

I think you're more worried about it being mint, did you here yourself a while back when you said vinyl quality depletes rapidly over time?

>fags in this thread talking shit about other peoples preferences in format.

Fuck all you fags. As a CD fag I still respect vinylfags for their decision to collect records.

your need to be "patrician" is sad dude. it's art. it's meaningless. anyone's enjoyment is as valid as another's.

>implying you cant have both
This is why you lose.

And?

>virtue signalling
lol

>that wall of quotes

user this is a sign that you need to stop

ITT: Everyone takes the bait

are you autistic or something? why do you care this much about a format if you don't use it? just listen to music however you feel

If music was your only priority you wouldn't need or desire the the other.
Yeah, I'm still waiting. Anytime now, right?

so basically

Still waiting, boys.

Prove me wrong.

>implying you need a priority, please see

i'm here if you need a hug man

Hay guise, I bought a $60 record player from topshop. VINYL JUST SOUNDS SO MUCH WARMER AND BETTERER

prove you wrong about what? what are you even talking about at this point? we gave you reasons why we enjoy vinyls but you're acting like a retard

>music isn't the priority

This is fucking hilarious.

>maximum damage control!
>avoid! evade! divert!
lmao, give me one reason other than the music itself that you'd collect vinyl records.

Vinyl is an obsolete format for todays listening tastes, any one who believes you need to sit down and slowly put on a non skippable record to appreciate an album is a mong with no self control or attention span

A modern digital system offers users far more choice and far less worry fucking around so you can actually listen to music and not jerk off to the smell of record covers..

>lmao, give me one reason other than the music itself that you'd collect vinyl records.
because it's fun to collect things physically
does anyone need another reason?

People without money do. People who are poor and sad.

what damage control?
multiple people have told you multiple times that that they don't collect vinyls for some sort of audio superiority

you can collect vinyls for reasons other than music you turbo autist

>because it's fun to collect things physically
>prove you wrong about what?
Nope. Answer this question .
lol

>A modern digital system offers users far more choice and far less worry fucking around so you can actually listen to music and not jerk off to the smell of record covers..

Where's the fun of it?

dw im here for you man

i'll give you the hugs momma was never around to give

people WITH vinyl are generally poor and sad.
The amount of times I've seen people with garage tier

>you can collect vinyls for reasons other than music
>I collect records
>but music isn't the priority

Holy shit, thank you.

>give me one reason other than the music itself that you'd collect vinyl records.
>other than music

>One of you vinyl faggots give me a reason vinyl is superior to digital concerning the music itself.
>concerning the music itself.

holy shit you're actually retarded

>actually listening to the music

it's one of those flac collectors

>answer this question
you didn't ask a question

How about this: vinyl collectors don't have a reason, and they will continue to do it anyway, just so you can throw an autistic tantrum. How's that sound?

Gotta collect those FLAC files, fuck MP3/M4A

He can't tell how it sounds because he can't afford the vinyl version.

>mfw these are the replies I'm getting
So you guys can't even come up with one legitimate reason then?

Thanks, good to know.

so?

>collects records
>admits music isn't the priority

You're not telling me anything I didn't already know, I'm just rubbing your faces in it.

>Crying-Laughing-Meme-01

can't believe this low effort bait is getting this many replies

rubbing what in my face? that I buy things that I enjoy? lol good one aye

see

So you guys can't even come up with one (ONE!) legitimate reason then?

You wanted to have a vinyl thread, we're damn sure having one now!

Here, I'll post it again.
>One of you vinyl faggots give me a reason vinyl is superior to digital concerning the music itself.
>No references to anything other that the music.
>I'll wait.

>So you guys can't even come up with one legitimate reason then?

If you can't understand that people might do things for non entirely practical reasons, then no, no one will every be able to give you a good answer. Sorry.

see

My little user can't be this autistic, holy shit.

we've already answered you numerous times

>So you guys can't even come up with one (ONE!) legitimate reason then?
we've also given legitimate reasons

>life has surface noise

wow, really makes you think

>we've also given legitimate reasons

No, you haven't. Not once in this entire thread.

please find your way to

by this point, even if you were baiting, this would still be embarrassing because none of the replies to you are people getting mad.

we're here to laugh at you, dude.

what would you consider a legitimate reason?

Still waiting, by the way.

One more time. Just for you.
>No references to anything other that the music.

yep, I have
not buying it exclusively for the music does not make my reasons for buying it illegitimate

you can say you're waiting over an over again, but waiting for what?

i'm honestly convinced this guy would forego basic human needs like food and sleep to continue shitposting itt

can we start replying to him in shifts to test my theory?

>yep, I have

You most certainly have not.

There is no reason. People collect vinyl for reasons entirely other than the music. I'm sorry you can't accept that.

don't worry pops, we're almost to

Is that a 404 challenge?

You should try me.

>not buying it exclusively for the music does not make my reasons for buying it illegitimate

lol

>There is no reason.

I know there's no reason. I'm just here to rub your faces in it.

Exactly.

You still can't come up with a single reason vinyl is superior to digital concerning the music itself.

rubbing what in our faces?
I'm not sure what's wrong with it

again, if you're "rubbing" me buying things I enjoy in my face then thanks I guess

So what's the best record store in portland, OR? Thinking about starting a record/CD collection and want to know where to. I've looked up stuff and I know a few places I want to check out, but I want to know if Cred Forums has any secrets. I like metal and electronic.

yeah but nobody here was claiming that there was one. you're just arguing for the sake of arguing
master ruse

not from portland but i'm gonna operate under the assumption that there are a fuckton of options there, so you should have no problems

make your own record store

Oh there are, I was just kinda blindly hoping for recs and trying to not give the autist (you)s. I've done research, was just wondering if anyone knew of something that wasn't well known.

Just answer the question. You do that and I'm gone.

So you admit there's no reason to buy vinyl that has anything to do with the music itself. Cool.

Everyone should take note.

hmm I need this too
if anyone knows a good store in the central CT area let me know

fantadingo lives around here too and he must be getting them from somewhere

You just convinced me man. I just trashed over 5k dollars worth of vinyl from my collection, I'll be only going digital again from now on.

>So you admit there's no reason to buy vinyl that has anything to do with the music itself. Cool.
pretty much
but you have no answers as well to what I've repeatedly asked

>and trying to not give the autist (you)s.

Ok, that really hurt my feelings.

Just for that from now on every time I see a vinyl thread on Cred Forums I'm gonna come in and shit all over it. We'll certainly meet again, I guarantee it.

We've now established that people who collect vinyl don't do it for the music, they do it for all sorts of other ulterior reasons. That's what's wrong with it.

see

>poor loser

>30 posters
>172 replies

In your dreams, vinylfag.

right this way please

no actually what's wrong with collecting it for ulterior reasons?
it's like saying
>you collect beautiful pocket watches? but you don't collect it because you care about the time? LMAO

>collects beautiful pocket watches
>but telling time isn't the priority
>vinylfag admits to collecting records merely as a fashion statement

Wew! There it is! Goddamn, this is fucking beautiful.

Thank you.

wow, are you seriously proud of trolling Cred Forums

what an accomplishment
you have really done well with your life.
172 replies, wow
I hope you told your parents, they must be so proud of you

you're a winner

hang on I'll transfer your call

>fashion statement
is any kind of collection of a physical object that isn't necessary for survival a fashion statement to you? Maybe people collect vinyl because they like having the music. Maybe they just like collecting. Do people collect stamps as a fashion statement? Rocks? Utensils?

not sure who collects pocket watches as a fashion statement
basically what said

>it's an user fails to understand that vinyl collecting/listening nowadays is a niche hobby instead of being a primary mean of music listening episode

Yes there are people who simply buy them for "fashion statement" but they usually drop out of the vinyl game after less than a year.

>collecting stamps
>rocks
>utensils
>is the same as collecting vinyl records

You might want to walk away now, you're embarrassing yourself.

You'll soon come to admire and respect my work, family. Have a gander at this doozy I pulled on Thursday .

>is the same as collecting vinyl records
yeah basically

hm

how is it not the same aside from the fact that vinyl records have more functions than one?

in addition,
>he saved the post number/archive url of one of his ruse posts
laughinggrils.jpg

I save all my good ones.
>186 replies
Vinyl threads on Cred Forums are my new home now. Next time I'll do my best to pull 250.

But to answer your question, collecting vinyl is about something other than the music itself. If music was the priority then the format would be irrelevant because you'd be going for the free higher quality digital download if that was the primary concern. But the music isn't the primary concern, the concern is with something entirely different.

Now you've all admitted it and that was my whole point in the first place.

You're all probably too stupid to know it but when you're plunking down money for a vinyl record you're paying for something, and that something isn't music.

Let me say that again: THAT SOMETHING ISN'T MUSIC.

You and I both know what you're REALLY trying to buy, and I'm only here right now to rub your stupid dipshit hipster faces in it.

Come at me, you fucking fake ass faggots. I'll rid this thread to 404 with you.

k

youtube.com/watch?v=abUcpCtMke0

speak for yourself I enjoy collecting CDs

>cds are worthless since they have no collectible value
I fucking wish

discogs.com/Assück-Misery-Index/release/471862
4 For Sale from $30.00

and its only 15 minutes long

Well I'm glad you're enjoying things you like

people like this need to be slapped by their parents

It became mainstream

underrated post

>a vinyl vs cd thread
>200 replies, of course
Should I scroll up, guys? What can I expect if I do?

it's literally one (one!) autist who gets off on baiting vinylfags, and successfully does so for like 100 posts

it's not even that, one severely autistic person is trying to rip on vinyl fags for insanely stupid reasons.

cassette > vinyl > CD
prove me wrong