What don't you like about Sonic Youth?

What don't you like about Sonic Youth?

i don't like the music and to be quite frank i don't like you

Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star

Watch the documentary 1991: The Year Punk Broke. All will become clear.

Kim Gordon

I like some of their stuff. Mostly their older. Thousand Years is great but it feels like everything else in that ~2 decade period was more for musicians than listeners

Sonic Youth excelled at mediocrity.

I listened to goo and I thought it was decent but i'm peeved that thurston moore and the rest of the band had so many ecclectic influences that could've made sonic youth more than just bland indierock, but was too concerned of alienating general audiences with anything experimental.

They we're mean to Nardwuar.

Their songs insist upon themselves.

perfect summary. I gave them a shot and they were really just, bland. I checked them out because I heard Jim O'rourke was their bassist for a while and it was really the flour of the spice cabinet.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that they have diehard fans.

This. Nardwuar a qt.

all style but not much substance

Sister is one of the comfiest alt-rock albums ever, and Daydream Nation was a big deal when it came out.

i'll give them listens then, because I wasn't too enthralled after listening to goo.

they're too uneven

all of their albums i've heard have one great song, a couple okay ones, and a whole bunch of filler

goo has only one good song, imo: tunic song for karen

EVOL > Sister

Schizophrenia is a great song, but Sister doesn't have anything else going for it

Sister doesn't have a bad song. EVOL has a few.

Have you heard any of their 80's output?

>Sister doesn't have a bad song.
what is master=dik

Have you only heard Goo, because it really sounds like it

That's a bonus track my friend. You proved the point

it's like they try too hard to be no wave/noise. you can actually hear thurston and lee's real sound in their latest solo albums. about sonic youth, they just liked the scene and how it made them look like. there's literally a song by thurston about yoko ono, which has the lyric "bow down to the queen of noise" with very tryhard melodies. fucking cringe.

Listen to their work from 81-85

half the songs on sister aren't bad, but they aren't good
they just are

Seriously? How many times have you heard Sister?

Kim Gordon's vocals

10 or 15 times maybe?