/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread

Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.
10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy? [retired]
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp?
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?
Jenn "Best New Tastemaker" Pelly
Marc "Not Mark" Hogan
KRIS "Meme Rap" EX
Jillian "they don't love you like I love you" Mapes
Kevin "who needs TMT anyways" Lozano

Will someone dethrone Radiohead/Chance the Rapper’s 9.1 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 42
Nights since last BNM: 1

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member)
mega.nz/#!l1ZlRbqb!WYbGuia29w1_fpg05XS3F9Rtb8aFfj8WzZg8Z3mbwRQ

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-BRANDON STOSUY REVIEWS 22, A MILLION for bandcamp
-Kanye cuts set short due to family emergence
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, Danny Brown, and Steve Hauschildt.
-/p4k/ forever

Fuck pitchfork

Please kill yourself.

please stop

when will the danny review come? I'm expecting 8.8 - 9.1, but could go higher. It did have 3 bnms for single

p4k shill, don't listen to the haters

Never give up hope!

danny brown - 9.1

probably tomorrow. I'm hoping it gets like 9.3 or more and I'm slightly expecting it. Not necessarily because I love it (I do) but because they haven't given out a *really* high score in a long time

This thread stands by & supports Amber Coffman, Jessica Hopper, Ke$ha, Larkin Grimm, Meagan Garvey, Pitchfork, et al

delete this

Cred Forums is ending soon. These were the last good threads we had.

This.

get out of your basement

LEAVE PITCHFORK SHILL user ALONE

you need help

This thread rejects the rape culture hysteria of Amber Coffman, Jessica Hopper, Ke$ha, Larkin Grimm, Meagan Garvey, Pitchfork, et al.

world's saddest thread last night:

the least he could do is actually get a tripcode

click the little box at the top near the subject name and scroll down and press the delete button and then go open a window and feel the air on your face and then slide into bed and get ready for the first day of your actual life where you live free from of unimportant ramblings on music on a anonymous image board.

>17 replies 11 posters
Same fagging hard here

Danny is gonna get a 10/10 guys.

I just have a weird feeling about it. Unlike any I've had in recent p4k years

Literally someone says this about every big release in these threads.

However I do hope he gets a very high score.

What is everyone listening to?

i like this meme.

but this time it's different

Danny Brown, 8.9 BNM FUCKING SCREEN CAP THIS

>What is everyone listening to?
pic related

"Hail To Thee, Everlasting Pain" is the greatest title of any metal song ever

last two digits are danny browns' score

panned

I like how you've used a different screen cap each time

I don't stand by that cunt amber Coffman

>>>(this post is dedicated to Kanye, Kim, and the rest of the West-Kardashian family. May our thoughts & prayers be with them in this darkest hour)

they should've r'd and then k'd her to be honest.

How about we never wish that on someone?

i thought this thread would be more hype...

/p4k/ culture, like Cred Forums itself, is dying

Don't forget we're also going to get a Solange BNM

danny brown will be panned with anything less than a 9.0

Danny Brown 9.2

Danny Brown will get a 9.0

Last 2 digits are DB’s score

rollin

REROLL REROLL

>8.5
P A N N E D

Old
>8.7

AE
>8,5

why live

I was honestly expecting a 9+

IT’S ALL OVER, MATTHEW RAMIREZ WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE

how do you score AE worse than Old

BON IVER CONFIRMED BETTER THAN DANNY BROWN

What a crock of shit.

XXX officially worst Danny Brown album

B T F O

XXX
>8.2

it didnt have as many bangers for parties as old, theyre trying to keep it commercial

>8.5

THEY LITERALLY JUST KILLED DANNY BROWN'S CAREER, HOLY FUCK P4K

wow actually surprised on this pan

NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Danny Brown 8.5 BNM BTFO by Matthew Ramirez
Innanet James 7.5 by Sheldon Pearce
Darcy James Argue's Secret Society 8.3 by Seth Colter Walls
Masayoshi Fujita / Jan Jelinek 7.9 by Andy Beta

>8.5

>literally saying this album is worse than Coloring Book and Life of Pablo

Guarantee you pre-Conde pitchfork would have dropped a 9.4 on this

3.96 on RYM will drop down to 3.7 or less by the end of this week screencap this

im mad but honestly this is the most unpredictable score theyve given all year

22 A MILLION CONFIRMED AOTY

Don't be retarded

If it can't get a 9+ on post-racial revolution P4K, what makes you think it would have gotten a 9.4 back then?

wtf I hate pitchfork now

I'm actually serious

Pitchfork comes up with surprising new ways to be even shittier.

It kinda is worse than TLOP

WOW I usually think it's pretty stupid when people say an album was "panned" when it still got a BNM, but... damn. Worse than Old?

TLOP is fucking bad

I'm a Kanye fanboy and I wouldn't give TLOP more than a 6

Can anything else this year top Radiohead / Chance now?

desu i don't think they'll give either aoty tho

they valued riskier shit, simple as that

I knew it from the beginning danny brown would get panned

garbage libmedia white lib pandering album gets panned. about time. hope this toothless groid heads right back to killary's welfare delivery service

>9.9 on reissue after danny od's

feelsterribleman

I could see them giving A Moon Shaped Pool aoty

now all danny has to do is meme-die and it will get a 10

nah, no way

i can see them giving it to angel olsen actually

8.5 too low...

ths album is so raw and forward thinking. Lyrically it balances OG rhymes like "Tell Me What I Don't Know" and can hit it up with Ain't It Funny".

Danny can fuck with the collabs, just look at "Really Doe". It's a FUCKING BANGER and it tells a story. He's proven himself as an original among contemporaries.

This album is different though. He defines his own voice and hits a home run. "When It Rain" is his throwback to OLD, an influential party mess, and he adds in his weirdness from the opener.

Danny Brown is the most original voice in rap right now and can carry himself among his peers.

9.5/10

What anime is tbat

kone

kys matthew

Does Chance even have any hype to him?

After they gave fucking Bon Iver and Vampire Weekend AOTY, I could see them throwing it at what most consider a second-rate Radiohead album.

k I'll bite. What about this album is remotely political or pandering to liberals. Like have you even listened to this album, there's no "fuck the police for killing blacks" or "the white man is the devil" or anything like that. It's just a cautionary tale about how drug use can ruin your life. What's your problem with that?

New Game!
The character is called Umiko

HOLY SHIT

>8.5
>panned

this forum is really retarded sometimes

bon iver bon iver was revolutionary. Look what it influenced, an entire revolution of falsetto singing folk fucks who want to be him.

P4k clutched up, and its a great album that holds up.

sorry jammal, trump wont let you talk about WHITE WIMINZ MUGGAFUGGA DRUGS RAPE . you're gonna have to get a job real soon lib

Not even him or arguing his side but have YOU listened to the album?

>cops killin niggas everyday like protocol

Probably the best line in the song

>what most consider a second-rate Radiohead album.
leave Cred Forums once in a while - most ppl love the album

why would i listen to nigdrevel ever? you cucks eat this emasculating shit up it's pathetic

>falsetto singing folk fucks who want to be him

like who

I really enjoy her music but if her album tops Lemonade I'm going to take away their permission to use the most powerful servers

>XXX
>AE
>OLD

Everyone expected it to get 9.3+ so yea it got panned.

I bet you're one of those people that freak the fuck out when someone tells them to relax

>ths album is so raw and forward thinking.
>This album is different though. He defines his own voice and hits a home run

douche chills

it's a really good album, but you need to sit your hyper ass down and come back to reality.

how hard did i trigger you cuck? are you angry trump is going to force you to get a job? Are you starting to shake that you and your other danny black loving libbies are gonna go over the wall?

maybe they'll throw us a curveball and give it to blackstar because he died, regardless of its comparatively low rating

Blonde is getting AOTY this has been decided since December 2014.

Frank was supposed to get AOTY last year, that's why TPAB wasn't given a 10. Kenny already had one AOTY under his belt and P4K had to rob Frank that year, so 2015 was gonna be his time to shine, but lo-and-behold Frank flaked in July, so Kenny got AOTY 2 as a fallback.

This year comes along and P4K realized how much hype they created last year when they gave a handful of albums the same high score, so they did it again this year. Blonde is getting the AOTY, make no mistake about it. The list will probably go:

1. Blonde
2. A Moon Shaped Pool
3. 22, A Million
4. Lemonade
5. Coloring Book
6. My Woman
7. Skeleton Tree
8. The Life of Pablo
9. Blackstar
10. Freetown Sound

Oh, I missed that, but whatever it's still not a main theme of the album or something that's discussed to any extent, much less than enough to dismiss the whole album as pandering in that respect

You need to go outside

Pitchfork has given out SEVEN 9.0+ this year. Is this a new record?

Jesus christ I'd die

I feel like blackstar is going to get AOTY for obvious reasons

I'm Canadian lol nice try though

and be around you savages? you'll get your head clubbed in soon enough darkie. Trump will have you back in shackles

Oh, and my predictions for the SOTY list:

1. Radiohead – "True Love Waits"
2. Chance the Rapper featuring 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne – "No Problem"
3. Beyoncé – "Formation"
4. Frank Ocean – "Nikes"
5. Bon Iver – "33 'GOD'"
6. Danny Brown featuring Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, and Earl Sweatshirt – "Really Doe"
7. David Bowie – "Lazarus"
8. Solange featruring Sampha – "Don't Touch My Hair"
9. Francis and the Lights featuring Bon Iver and Kanye West – "Friends"
10. Angel Olsen – "Shut Up Kiss Me"

switch No Problem with Lazarus

I could also see them doing this. They gave it an 8.5 before he died. I could easily see them giving it a 9.0+ if they had reviewed it just a few days later

I really have to wonder what goes on in someone's life to have them unironically type sentences like this on the internet.

it wasn't even going to be in the top ten until he memedied. pitchfork's audience doesn't care about bowie anymore

They can't not give it to Frank. Beyoncé and Chance are locks for the top five IMO (neither deserve to be anywhere near there), so if they're going to do that, they're gonna have to kick Radiohead or Bon Iver out, most likely Bon Iver, which would be a shame because that's the best album on that entire list

I'm going to stop replying to you now, and even though I'm pretty certain your replies are ironic shitposting, if they're not you are attaching boogeyman political and racial ideologies to completely objective statements and you've been brainwashed into defending your favorite presidential candidate even when it's completely irrelevant to the conversation. I hope you realize this and grow up.

A lightskin dude probably flirted with a girl he had a crush on yesterday

When Radiohead put True Love Waits on the tracklist Pitchfork's narrative was immediately fucked

They have to give that the number one spot

what about ahohni

she got a 9

forever bluepilled, cuck. keep blowing black artists cuck. you're ruining this country and he is the one that will restore it but eradicating you brown scum

GY!BE got a 9.2 in 2012 and I don't recall that even being on their year-end list at all.

>he

>she

kek

it was #12. thanks for reading.

>When Radiohead put True Love Waits on the tracklist Pitchfork's narrative was immediately fucked
What do you mean by this?

Ultra Light Beam is gonna be 1 quote me on this

Not him, but I agree

"True Love Waits" is arguably Radiohead's most popular live song, and a studio version of the song was an urban legend until May. As far as Pitchfork has strayed from their roots, there's so much history and lore behind that song that they really have to give it SOTY. Their narrative was fucked because a song like "Formation" or "Nikes" would've gotten it instead. I would argue that "Lazarus" would've been number one had "True Love Waits" not been released.

kill yourself dude

PANNED

you gotta cut down on your sodium intake my friend
also is killary the best insult pun you could come up with?

>two unironic cucks
damn, what a rhetorical homerun.

>killary's welfare delivery service
enjoy your anime you greasy shut in

will probably rank somewhere in the 30's or low 20's on their top 50 list. Deafheaven got a 9.0 last year but was ranked at 26 on their year end list

Coloring book is better according to p4k tho

says the guy posting ramblings on an anonymous internet image board

>trump won't let you talk
Kek

only one of those is me, but okay.

It's this instance where he died and now the meaning of the album is much more telling. You cannot not now factor that into how you review it. Blackstar was probably an 8.5/10 for me but then like a 9.5/10 after he died. No simply because he died but because its meaning in the music. Using death as an art. That is already 8.5+.

Not ramblings, my dear friend.

>she
>her

Hello everyone and good morning!