Tom Waits

Whats his best album?

R A I N D O G S

but thats just my pleb opinion mang

Thats fine broh, why do you say that? Was that just the only one youve heard?

plebs will say rain dogs, but the true fans know it's the heart of saturday night

Im listening to Mule Variations and i really like it. Any lens to analyse his stuff through?

to be honest its a knee jerk reaction, everyone (plebs) agree rain dogs is best, but to be honest i enjoy more songs from real gone and blood money overall. and maybe big time, though you could probably change my mind on that.

Mule Variations is really good, but I have to admit it's the only album of his I'm really familiar with. Any suggestions of next one to listen to?

Raindogs was definitely good. But youre right mule variations is awesome that what im listening to rn.

Frank's Wild Years or The Heart of Saturday Night

There really isn't one album that stands out among them through his whole discography. Through different eras his music changed drastically. That said here's a hot opinion on each era:

Early 70's best: Heart of a Saturday Night
Late 70's: Blue Valentine
80's: Rain Dogs, although Frank's Wild Years is close second for me.
90's: Mule Variations
Bad as Me is pretty good too, but it's just that, pretty good. At least we got a new album. I really feel like that's the last he's going to put out though.

My favs are....

Swordfishtrombone
Frank's Wild Years

shit i forgot mule variations. and bone machine for that matter. good shit

this

So he just made really good music all around?

to be honest it probably be better to say what his worst album is.

lol

yeah, despite the fact his style is somewhat strange, what with the wolfspeak and such. its kinda sad not a lot of people know him, least anyone ive asked.

yeah that honestly appeals to me is his rough demeanor but ability to also make very emotionally appealing music. It almost sends across a type of innocent hopelessness mood.

I really enjoy Real Gone

Only ones I've heard thus far and my honest ratings

The live album Nighthawks at the Diner.

i like blue valentine the most i think it is an interesting place between his early style and the more experimental stuff

Bone Machine is my personal favourite
Rain Dogs is probably the best, theres so much diversity on there, it's hard to get sick of
The Black Rider is maybe most underrated, and one of the most interesting.
The Heart of Saturday Night is his best from before the 80s and he got REALLY good.

Pretty much everything is good, but i think it would be easy to be turned off him if you listen to something like The Black Rider or Orphans first, just because it might be a bit of a shock or something

Pretty much my exact opinion, good shit friend