What is the music equivalent of this dress?

What is the music equivalent of this dress?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress
youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
youtube.com/watch?v=KpGv-6IvQMM
youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How the hell is it black and blue again?

its white & gold

whatever was FOTM in February 2015

>2015
Surely you jest.

Taylor Swift - 1989

oh we got a couple of jokesters in here

IT STILL MOVES

It really has been that long.

even the cup matches with the clothes

I'm serious. The "black" section is clearly gold in color. I can't see it otherwise at all

is it a drum or a potato

What color is this butterfly?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress
>Although the actual colour of the dress was confirmed to be blue and black,
>the actual colour of the dress was confirmed to be blue and black

Merriweather Post Pavillion

How?

youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

>Blue/Gold Dress
>Not very important
>Meme once normies get a hold of it

>Macintosh Plus
>Not important
>Becomes a meme after a couple years

This is exactly why I'm so confused. How the hell is it even blue and black?

Refresh catalog

>doesn't understand how light works

The actual dress IRL is blue and black.

So you are actually just wrong.

because it's blue and fucking black you colourblind subhuman

I can't see a speck of white on the dress in the photo.

Yes, but my question is why can't I see it as blue and black?

I can see how someone would think the black is gold but I can not for the life of me see any white

>Tfw can't see the white and gold picture
Just end me t b h

Idk something with the human brain.

If I blink really quickly I can sort of force out a blue but I cannot figure out where the hell the black comes from

youtube.com/watch?v=KpGv-6IvQMM

This

/thread

The eye compensates for the flourescent light or something, I can't remember the explanation. It's white or gold for me right now but it was blue and black when the thread was posted. It'll change back.

I'm the other way around.
I can see where the gold comes from, but literally how did you get white? From dark blue?
Fuck. Mods please ban me.

I hate this dress so much, I have no clue how people are able to see gold and white, and I feel like I'm being trolled when people say they see a different thing. (Although I know a few people who said it was white and gold who definitely were not trolling)

I can't believe this was a year and a half ago

I'm the complete opposite buddy, even though the facts are in front of me I cannot see black and blue

No one's trolling. I see both depending on what's around it when I see it.

I made it easy for you all

>3 shades of grey
>3 shades of gold
what's your point?

i first saw it as gold and white from the thumbnail in the catalogue, but now i can't stop seeing it as blue and black

It's blue gray

I want so badly to be able to see gold and white at least once ;(

its clearly blue and brown

Swans

Me too. This is the closest I can get.

People see white and gold based on some sorts of monitor resolution voodo. I work at a department store that carried this and people came in to take pictures of it.

Anywho I think maybe of Montreal. Some people swear by them and other people think they're awful and gimmicky

What is the science behind this? It boggles me mind honestly.

I've shown people on my monitor, which I see black and blue on, and they say they see white and gold

>all these plebs not knowing about how colour works in things like pictures/paintings

I can see both there. Are people seriously seeing the right image normally? Jesus no wonder people argued so much over this.

Blue and gold right?

In that pic, I see white and gold and then a saturated white and gold. But I know the dress is blue and black. The first time I see it after not seeing it for a while, it's always blue and black. It has nothing to do with computer monitors, it's how your brain processes information.

The dress is white and gold, but the lighting makes it look blue and brown, simple.

youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw

Other way around

The dress was confirmed to be black and blue.

jesus this hurts my brain

Oh...

this thread sucks

wait are you being honest? in picture you see two white and gold dresses? goddamn i hated this meme then and i hate it now. it's interesting but it's so incredibly frustrating

The human brain is wierd.

Like some people see her rotating clockwise, others see her spinning counterclockwise

can we get back on track before this gets deleted?

now. nirvana: new wave or grunge?

Death Grips

wtf it switched halfway through i swear

I was /clockwise master race/ and then it switched on me.

wtf the fuck

That is spooky

Yes. What happens is a shift in perception and whatever you brain decides on is how you see it for a while or for the time period you're looking at it.

Hang on, I'll pull it from wiki:

> Neuroscientists Bevil Conway and Jay Neitz believe that the differences in opinions are a result of how the human brain perceives colour, and chromatic adaptation. Similar theories have been expounded by the University of Liverpool's Paul Knox.[30] Conway believes that it has a connection to how the brain processes the various hues of a daylight sky, noting that "your visual system is looking at this thing, and you're trying to discount the chromatic bias of the daylight axis. ... people either discount the blue side, in which case they end up seeing white and gold, or discount the gold side, in which case they end up with blue and black."

>Neitz remarked: "Our visual system is supposed to throw away information about the illuminant and extract information about the actual reflectance... but I've studied individual differences in colour vision for 30 years, and this is one of the biggest individual differences I've ever seen".[31]

Im stuck seeing her wag her leg back and forth facing away from the camera.. is something wrong with me

It's switched at least three times for me.

You're just special user :3

its easy to change it yourself by watching the raised foot

I still see gold and white on both images but the one on the right looks like its under shade or something

in that picture we were talking about i see a super white and gold dress on the left and a super blue and black dress on the right. both really saturated

i feel like it's weird cause i think i'm supposed to see the same dress

This. It depends on what part of the body you're looking at when you first see it. Look at the foot and you can change it.

I hate these types of things because all these people talk about seeing it clockwise and counter-clockwise, but I can only see it clockwise ;(

White and gold

Holy fuck I just changed it thats weird

I used to be able to get it to change direction but now I can only see it counterclockwise

Holy shit how'd they grow that pure gold tree?

So keeping in with the original point of the thread what's the album that was widely perceived one way and then completely reversed it's popularity (or lack thereof)?

Pinkerton maybe?

what is the weird part about this image?

Painting with for me, honestly can't comprehend how any problems people have with it make the album bad

yeezus

AJJ, as much as Cred Forums doesn't want to admit it.

I get fucking furious every time I remember the dress. The first time I saw it my brain processed it as black and blue, but then some chuckle fuck ended up explaining to me why he thought it was factually white and gold. So then I focus on seeing it that way and the next time I look at it it's white and gold. Immediately after its proved to be it's black and blue and months later I can't get back to perceiving it correctly like I already had in the first place. Mother FUCK

underrated post

If you see this other than white and gold I suggest you seek medical attention.

>retard telling other people they're retarded

pottery

I suggest you seek medical attention.

>retard telling other people they're retarded

pottery

White and gold.

I suggest you seek medical attention

Try turning your brighteness down and see if you can see it. When this was first a thing, I had a friend who saw it as blue and black immediately and I seriously thought they were trolling me. I had to stare at it in different ways, but eventually my brain was able to make the switch

this