Defining songs of each decade

50s: ? (Elvis?)
60s: Fortunate Son, Purple Haze, For What Its Worth, Hey Jude, Turn, White Rabbit, Gimme Shelter
70s: Free Bird, Imagine, Anarchy In The UK,
80s: Sweet Child Of Mine, We Are the Champions, Enter Sandman
90s: Wonderwall, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Californication
00s: All The Small Things, American Idiot, Cant Stop, Rollin
10s: Gangham Style, Shake It Off?

what a fucking retard. all ur doing is looking at the "defining" songs in rock, ur not even considering rap, r&b, techno, etc..

>ur not even considering rap, r&b, techno, etc..
those genres are all irrelevant tho..

hardly

those genres didn't really figure until the 90s or 00s. Regardless this is more about posting your own personal list of music you associate with a specific decade.

also
>ganghham style
>rock
kek I think its you thats the retard friend

50s - Johnny B Goode
60s - Like a Rolling Stone
70s - I Feel Love
80s - Thriller
90s - My Name Is
00s - Hey Ya
10s - I've Seen Footage

rock was a mainstay on the charts, thats why theyre defining. anyone with a semblance of knowledge of western culture would recognize those songs because they were all over tv and radio. nowadays you wont find rock on the charts. why? because people dont feel defined by rock. go look at the the top 40, u MIGHT find one rock song. sorry bro, people dont wanna sit around and talk about how much life sucks, they wanna parrty and do drugs (me included) and theyre gonna listen t music that falls in line with that

>rhythm and blues
>didn't really figure until the 90s or 00s
I think you're the retard my friend.

The thread is to post your own personal defining songs matey, if you can't comprehend that you must have delayed comprehension skills

>"nu-uh!"

Nothing in that reply refutes the fact that you made an idiotic statement about rhythm and blues' relevancy.

And if you really wanted this thread to be about anons' own personal favorite songs you would have said as such in the OP. Just admit that you fucked up with the title and/or are showing off how little you know about music outside of rock.

>Nothing in that reply refutes the fact that you made an idiotic statement about rhythm and blues' relevancy.
RnB had a big role in influencing music. I'm not hugely into RnB so of course my list wont have RnB..

>And if you really wanted this thread to be about anons' own personal favorite songs you would have said as such in the OP. Just admit that you fucked up with the title and/or are showing off how little you know about music outside of rock.
I didn't fuck anything up. I didn't post a thread just to 'show off' my own songs that I think define decades, this is a message board where you interact with others. Its kinda of implied that you post what you think are the songs that define each decade. Rock was the dominant genre for many decades, so of course the most relevant songs will mostly be rock

>Rock was the dominant genre for many decades, so of course the most relevant songs will mostly be rock

i think folk (60s), disco (70s), new age (80s), rap (90s-00s) might take issue with that

Nevermind the fact that by definition pop has always been what people listened to the most, regardless of what the music mags say.

Then post your own list? To repeat again for the 3rd time, its what you consider to be defining. Its subjective just like any and all music is

the thread is called "Defining songs of each decade" not "My Defining songs of each decade"

With the intention of discussing and posting your own opinions/list?

When you use the word defining you're implying you want us to look at this from an objective standpoint, seeing as how definitions aren't subjective. We wouldn't be having this argument if you asked us for our favorite songs from each decade.

Is English your first language?

Does you mom give me the succ?

and how do u expect us to realize ur intentions just by reading "Defining songs of each decade"? ur typing, my friend. you cant really have nuance and implication via typing

Because this is a message board where you discuss topics. I had said several times its about discussing and posting your own but you decide to keep arguing the point. I'm sorry you are too brain dead to comprehend something extremely simple and your ego is so fragile you have to argue over petty semantics on a basket weaving forum.

>When you use the word defining you're implying you want us to look at this from an objective standpoint, seeing as how definitions aren't subjective.
You choose to look at it from an objective standpoint. Defining songs are subjective as we have figured out from your disagreement with the OP not included many other genres.

aww, look at the stupid retard trying to backtrack and cover for his idiocy.

>Sweet Child of Mine
>defining song of anything

Fuck off forever.

see, op? this guy is a rock retard like you, but at least he's not trying to hide it like you.

Almost everybody who's not you in this thread has commented on the idiocy of your phrasing in the OP. That's not a coincidence.

your life is so boring you have to keep samefagging and arguing a dumb point. I'm not backtracking, you just can't refute my point because you're an idiot.

I've refuted your point multiple times.

And I'm not the only user arguing with you. If you had the brain capacity to recognize different typing patterns you would realize this.

Since you've posted the poster count hasn't changed from 8. congrats on being so pathetic you get rid of the (you)'s in paint

>If you had the brain capacity to recognize different typing patterns you would realize this.
I do realize it but you are samefagging. Too bad you don't realize the bottom right hand corner tells you how many unique posters there are

>We Are the Champions
>Enter Sandman
>80s
is this b8?

beautiful - christina aguilera for 2000s
if you think im joking you are a dumbass

Putting this much effort into shitposting.
>being this autistic

I'd agree with that, it was a pretty popular song. I'd also put the ketchup son in the early 00s too

I'm not shitposting or samefagging. Here are all the posts I've made in this thread, have at it:

Also if you like at the time between and it's impossible for me to have samefagged those two posts unless I was posting from my phone, but then the usercount would've gone up and it didn't.

its also a gay anthem, i think definitive songs for decades should have some kind of cultural significance

Did music change much from just before 9/11 to post 9/11?