Do you guys think that its okay for rappers and musicians to just go ahead and blatantly rip off a popular characters...

Do you guys think that its okay for rappers and musicians to just go ahead and blatantly rip off a popular characters name? I just recently found some dude who is attempting to be a rapper under the name "Tom Riddle". The name in its self just has a certain degree of laziness. How is an artist supposed to have character when they are ripping off another character?

Even MF DOOM's name bothers me to an extent. His name is lazy and his raps have no character. Is it okay that the masses have just accepted that its okay to plagiarize within the music industry?

Im not saying that this Tom Riddle guy has any real following, but his likes/dislike ratio just doesnt seem justified.

youtube.com/watch?v=oV8y7a3Pwiw

But this dude aside, there are plenty of other people who have had mildy successful music careers all whilst ripping off another property.

(Jean Grae, , Shaggy, MF DOOM, ect.)

Am I being unreasonable in being bothered by this? I feel like most who actually have a superior taste in music can understand what I am ranting about.

Music is supposed to be creativity, not plagiarism.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2TL1s7Jn4K8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I bet your level of music criticism merely extends to the lyrical.

What is that supposed to mean? MF DOOM literally just raps about being a supervillan most of the time. His shit is repetitive and its not even his own character. Its like fan-fiction tier autism

>superior taste in music

Oh and what do you listen too great senpai ?? Insane Clown Posse and Biz Markie??

You literally just proved me right.

By superior taste in music I just mean to say that there are some people who literally just listen to garbage (such as, Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift) just because of the hype surrounding them. It bothers me that these swine have ruined the industry.

MF DOOM IS WACK

The difference is Selena Gomez is a Disney product shoved down people's throats. MF DOOM is hyped because he's fucking amazing.

amazing because....? MF DOOM is all hype. His flow is boring and he sounds autistic

your pleb is showing

pick 1
King Hydra
or
The Ace (im searching 4 a rap name)

DOOM defence force reporting. Dooms schtick is funny, he's just some wacked out crazy cunt pretending to be a super villain.
If you don't like it listen to Milo like a faggot.

Are you seriously this fucking dumb?

i can almost see her booby

You could have just said "hey everybody disregard my opinion from now on"

That song that you embedded is Dope as fuck. I think you're just butt hurt because you want everyone who isn't edgy enough for you to fail.

Im not just saying that I think the song was good just for the sake of argument. The dude actually has some decent bars. I think OP is too dense to pick up on wit.

(Lines from song posted for anybody too lazy to listen.)

>"I'm just like overbaked toast without the butter I'm a vile motherfucker"
>"Filipino girl cookin up some grub this jolly bee potent."
>"Nailing al these yellows like I'm putting up a post it"

I think that this confirms that OP = Dense Whiney Cunt

are you seriously that far on MF DOOMs dick?

You are the dense one. This "Tom Riddle" guy is a cringe worthy youtube wannabee famous diss track making cancer. I wasnt even trying to argue whether he is good or not because he is clearly trash, just like MF DOOM... So I dont know why I even argue with you guys.

THIS DUDE LITERALLY MADE A LEAFY IS HERE RAP DISS. THIS IS CRINGE.

youtube.com/watch?v=2TL1s7Jn4K8

if you have the audacity to really defend something this wack.. please stfu and sit down

>searching 4 a rap name
kill yourself now

OP literally stalkin this nigga

why? just cause you dont have any goals in life doesnt mean everyone else is as useless as you. Fuckin junkie

holy shit my flow is whacker and i still can flow better than that lil bitch, tf m8? No good punchlines, no good multis, no double or triple entendres, no nothin

Rap is built on cultural references. You know exactly where snoop dogg's coming from when he calls himself that. And he's almost as much of a pop culture icon as snoopy at this point. If your music's made out of samples from old music and references to other rap music it makes sense.