Stoner

>stoner
>sludge

when will this meme end

doom is good, traditional doom that is.

Let's call the entire genre a meme, that will show them

"Sludge" bothers me the most.

It's called Hard Rock you fucking mongoloids. Just because the guitars are downtuned does not change that label.

Please, explain to me how Noothgrush is a hard rock band.

Or Primitive Man, for that matter.

Or The Body.

Or Thou.

Or Buzzoven.

Or Indian.

Or Leechmilk.

Or Meth Drinker.

Or Melvins.

Or Harvey Milk.

Or literally ANY sludge band whatsoever.

Just because you don't know what sludge is, doesn't mean that it's hard rock.

black metal without distortion sound like wicked surf rock. following your logic, black metal and surf rock are the same. do you realize how stupid I feel just typing this. why did you have to be so stupid to make me respond to you. god fucking damnit.

>I can't distinguish genres therefore it's a meme

how come stoner metal is the best metal

fuck yeah dude
high five

Whatever you say, racist frogposter fuck.

I see what ya did there lad

perhaps you should also check this five if you can see that

>Stoner Rock
Combination of Heavy metal, Psychedelic/Blues Rock with guitar sound similar to Doom metal.
Bands such as Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Nebula.

Take away the faster rock elements of it and add more psychedelic elements and you get Stoner Metal.
Bands like Sleep and Stoned Jesus.

Slower it further down and put more sinister feel and lyrics to it borrowed from Doom metal and you get Stoner Doom.
Bands like Electric Wizard and Acid King.

>Sludge
Bastard child of Hardcore Punk and Doom Metal.
Guitar sound from Doom metal, harsh vocal style from HC Punk, songs either slow akin to Doom or faster raunchy ones akin to HC Punk or mix of both.

That's the way I see those genres. Could be wrong though.

the whole rainbow of stoned metal is literally the best genre in all of music

This.
The band Sleep is a so called "Stoner-metal" band.
It's just boring hard-rock riffs played slower with downtuned guitars. Fucking terrible.

>black metal without distortion sound like wicked surf rock. following your logic, black metal and surf rock are the same. do you realize how stupid I feel just typing this. why did you have to be so stupid to make me respond to you. god fucking damnit.

seems pretty accurate
ur dum

No, I'm not.

"Stoner" music sounds exactly like the Hardrock from the seventies, just played slower and with guitars drowned in distortion.

Master of Reality is a classic hard-rock album, but it still sounds like just about every stoner-metal album ever released.

Singing about smoking weed and psychedelic themes doesn't qualify as a new genre when you sounds exactly like the old bands.

Also, "Sleep" should be ashamed of themselves for releasing such a pretentious garbage record like "Dopesmoker". Fucking hell, what a terrible, terrible album.

>"Stoner" music sounds exactly like the Hardrock from the seventies, just played slower and with guitars drowned in distortion.
>Master of Reality is a classic hard-rock album, but it still sounds like just about every stoner-metal album ever released.

actually you kinda right my bad>Also, "Sleep" should be ashamed of themselves for releasing such a pretentious garbage record like "Dopesmoker". Fucking hell, what a terrible, terrible album.

i don't agree with this though i like it kinda hypnotic and droning but in general i actually kinda agree with you congrats you've changed a stranger on the internets mind

Wow you're easy to influence

Yeeeah buddy.

Btw, if you happen to actually like some of these so called "stoner-metal" bands and also the bands from the seventies, I would highly, highly recommend you to check out Pentagram and Withcfinder General.
Instead of slowing down and singing about weed, these guys sped up and still kept it just as heavy.

Peace !

oh i'm aware of them i've listened to a lot of trad doom good stuff

half of these bands are hipster garbage

racist

Fuck you, Dragonaut riff is the shit.

i made this thread because they suck.