Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

lexington.craigslist.org/msg/5777221485.html
youtu.be/5t-sdf0rN8g
youtube.com/watch?v=tW3Z0aH1zak
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3q38qg/iama_martin_shkreli_ceo_of_turing_pharmaceuticals/
youtube.com/watch?v=m52-IFMXI60&t=5m50s
youtube.com/watch?v=fB2YofQ-uII
youtu.be/dQ_-tUKT-nY
youtube.com/watch?v=gHse6sR46ew
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0495505005/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all
clyp.it/ijugqsff
youtube.com/watch?v=RMMfziJQNsE
vocaroo.com/i/s0YDmcb2ji7y
vocaroo.com/i/s0Cr5jKxvVnp
youtube.com/watch?v=UM7wru6QqZU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for meme pedals

bought a squier classic 50s vibe telecaster in butterscotch blonde (used) yesterday. new-ish player and p happy with it. action is really really low though. cant fit a coin under the strings at 12, and i get this very faint buzzing on some of the strings when im playing hard. i can only really here it when i have my amp turned way down though.

what strings should i put on this pup? also should i get the action raised or just rock it?

Get strings that you're comfortable with.
Are the ones you have now too heavy or would you like even thicker?
If you don't like the buzzing, raise the action until it stops, but not so high that you find it uncomfortable.
There really isn't a set answer to these questions, it's all what you find best.

>There really isn't a set answer to these questions, it's all what you find best.
The only answer. When I started playing bass I was so afraid of adjusting the action without breaking the instrument (broke-ass teenager at the time), so I just rocked the stock, heavy-ish strings and medium action. Every time I've had a setup since I've had to raise the action like mad. The way I learned originally meant that I could really attack the strings with my plucking hand and vary it up from clicky-clacky percussive sound to a nice round fat tone without having to move my hand from the pickup or really have to think about anything other than "music loud, pluck like your life depended on it". Every time I play a bass with a "nice-low setup" half of my notes turn into ghost notes and it's near impossible to get any dynamics.

>JHS

I don't usually care about ethics when I buy things buy they seem like genuinely horrible people who put their money into horrible causes. I feel like I could never in good conscience buy a JHS pedal no matter how toan-tastic they are.

How long until the toan police shows up to judge our chinksticks?

You've remembered to listen to some Saint George today, right /gg/?

mine sounds pretty good desu

got it hooked up to an 80s 40w peavey envoy 110 that i got really cheap and still works great. im even thinking of buying a fuzz or chorus or something

will raising the action change the intonation? i just dont want to fugg it up.

i think the ones on it right now are 9-42 unwound 3rd, probably ernies or something. im used to an acoustic so all electric strings feel pretty thin to me, but its nice being able to get decent bends.

It'll probably change the intonation a bit,
but I wouldn't really worry about it unless you're
planing on recording.

ah im just meticulous that way. i jam often and dont want to be out of tune on a fill or something.

it feels really good to play, but when im by myself on low volume the buzzing is a bit irritating. makes me feel like im fretting wrong even when i know it's just the low action.

What's wrong with them?

i actually just sold the exact squier you have to buy that pic related (hated having a ~9lbs super glossy guitar).

Is this a good deal for an Epi V?
lexington.craigslist.org/msg/5777221485.html

looks good, feels good, sounds good.

cant wait to turn up the gain a bit and get some raunchy tones out of it :3

offer 250 for it

They steal other people's designs frequently and basically one arm of a crazy evangelical church/organization that funds the "kill the gays" thing in Uganda

I was actually glad when a tree fell on that asshole

I feel I need a V or Explorer.

Guitar is just disabled mans violin

How do you feel about this tuning?
B
B
C#
B
E
F#

youtu.be/5t-sdf0rN8g

yea?

I dream of a fender scale V with a bigsby and some of those singlecoil/humbucking-switch pickups.

V is beautiful but gibson scale is absolute and complete fucking junk and everyone knows it.

Subjective, seeing as I prefer short scales over typical 25.5".

i like the shorter scale ty very much but keep your fender scale away

except it's bigger, has different timbre, is not often bowed, is not tuned in P5ths, and can play a wide array of chords containing more than 2-3 notes.
three Bs...two of which are the same octave, and a completely neutered range. I think it sucks m8. but if you can make it work...somehow...go for it. I hope you can use it for more than one song;

I usually improvise the exact tuning but I'm able to play plenty of songs in the one you quoted

P5ths are superior tuning, every guitar should be tuned like that.
Guitar is perfect instrument if you are a fat bedroom player that is tone deaf, M-MUH FRETS.

Does anyone else share my belief that chorus is the best effect?

I'm torn between fuzz, delay, and reverb myself.

>[desire to buy JHS products intensifies]

great, keep at it. I'd like to hear some, just cause its so foreign to me (not trolling i swear)
are you even trying. what a shit game this is, but ill play. P5ths are good for small scale instruments but for a guitar it causes a lot of stretching to play closed-structure chords. It does have the benefit of being consistent, but P4ths and M3rds are nicer on the guitar, they both show how shapes travel across the fretboard and M3rds have the added benefit of having all notes under one hand position without shifting (though I don't see why shifting is hard), the M2nd is also 2 frets away in both directions which is nice. If you have 7 strings then you can get your 3 different octaves of the same pitch to mimic the regular 6 string chords.

As for being fat...sometimes, I guess so. It's usually older guys who I see are fat. Usually the young players are DYEL DYEeat?

Tone deaf...you realize that isn't real, right?

I agree with you about the frets. They are an abomination to true harmony, but pianos ruined it first with their 12TET and it's here to stay.

>[desire to buy JHS products intensifies]

Same, hadn't really considered them before but I think I'm gonna but one of their pedals soon.

Basically true. Guitar is a pretty easy instrument if you know how to practice

No, distortion/overdrive, then everything else is subjective, personally I prefer a stereo delay, or a delay/reverb/tremolo unit.

But I do tune to all 4ths user.

Yeah user. I hate proper polyphony and closed chords too, P5ths is definitely the way to go.

Would the Orange Crush 35RT be a good starter amp for rock and metal?

I played cello in school and like tuning my guitar to CGDAAA sometimes. It's comfy.

Never owned one but it seems really overpriced for a small solid state combo. What other gear do you have? What bands are similar to what you're going for? What's your budget?

I tune my bass to CGDA sometimes but I end up just playing Lightning Bolt riffs.

Being forced to memorize all scales (including modes), played in every position, played in seconds up to sevenths, even played polyrhythmically kinda made me want to tune to fourths desu

Too bad my instructor would've shat on me for it. Sometimes I hate being a music student

Yeah, all fourths and major thirds are best solutions on guitar.

I would have learned to play in M3, but I guess I'm just lazy; P4 was so easy to switch to.

Me too.

The only real problem comes from when you have to play music verbatim, like classical for instance.
A lot of its repertoire would become impossible.

Yarp. Can't play classical on alternative tunings.

That said, if you're more interested in playing your own music than other people's, you're golden.

I have some cheap Vox amp from a starterkit I got like 10 years ago. Now I have a RGIR27FE so it would be my first real amp. And my budget is around $400

I really don't get how guys like Tom Quayle can go back and forth between all 4ths tuning and standard tuning with such ease, and be able to shred jazz tunes in both.

Aye

youtube.com/watch?v=tW3Z0aH1zak

Only if it's wacky as fuck

It's pretty easy if you stick to the lowest four strings.

But I do shine my pants

R8?

Pretty basic, user. But it's not bad you get an A-

that Rocktron dist looks like poopoo though.

>Rocktron dist looks like poopoo

What would you recommend?

I mean I'm saying it -looks- like it, I've never heard it, haha.

What kind of music are you playing? If you're playing metal/rock why don't you try some amp-modeling stuff or using your amp's overdrive channel?

I'm honestly not a distortion man though, I'm all about da fuzz.

playing the biggest gig i've ever played in a couple months, >1000 people. how do you guys deal with nerves? should i get kinda drunk?

I've seen crowds of 200+ people clap at three middle aged dudes playing (really badly I might add) Iron Maiden covers, man.

Don't think too much about how the crowd will react, as long as you feel fine, do your thing and play out people will love the shit out of you.

Peeps pay to see someone being confident on stage, so just look like it.

Mostly rock cover songs. I don't use an amp; just run the paradriver DI straight into the PA.

good advice, thanks man

I think it's easier to play to a large group of people rather than just one or two. I'm always a little bit jittery when I play at a new venue, too, but if you calm your mind and disconnect from your ego a bit, you'll start to relax. Sometimes fucking up really bad once helps you relax because it's like, hey you fucked up and everybody noticed, now you got that out of the way and you can just say fuck it I'm going to have fun now.

huff glue

i'm definitely gonna try to just view it as more of a fun jam session in front of people rather than a "performance" which i hope will help

that's a given my man

get a slight buzz, like 2 pints

You can drink but not much. Like one beer or one shot. Any more than that and you will make a bunch of mistakes and your bandmates will not be pleased, even if the audience doesn't notice.

Remember that the audience doesn't care about you, specifically. They just wanna groove to some tunes. So do your best, try to have fun, and above all get way in to the music you're playing. The crowd will love you if you look like you're really in to it, even if its sloppy and the sound mix is bad and whatever else. I'll take a shitty musician going nuts having a blast over a pristinely competent pro standing completely still any day. It's different in the studio of course but live energy matters a hell of a lot.

I want to get myself a 70s fretless pbass. Is this a good idea?

It's not a bad idea. P-Basses can get a bit muddy when played fretless, but they can get a lot more closer to the double-bass sound than fretless J-Basses can.

Make sure you got an equalizer and a compressor though, those things work fucking magic on fretless basses.

I love PRS American guitars and my first guitar about 11-12 years ago was an SE Soapbar II... but I feel like they are ruining the SE line and the PRS name with their SE crap lately.

I have an american now, so I get the SE line isn't going to be as nice as what I have at home... but the quality just seems to have gone down from where it was. The Custom 24 especially, I feel like I may as well be playing some low end schecter.

Why did they give SE models the birds? Why would they ruin that special thing?

Who else feels this way?

prs a shit. go gibson or go home

PRS is too goofy to even worry about m8

has based shkreli ever posted his rig in /gg/?

it looks like nothing but over-the-counter Guitar Center shit

you'd think a man his net-worth would indulge in good gear, but good taste don't just come and go huh

will do

the weird thing is it's hard for me to play while moving around a bunch, it fucks up my playing. i'm gonna practice it though

thats not what I asked fa/gg/ot

only thing care about is that sgj. always wanted one for some reason

Pretty sure he has been here

lmao

He owned a League of Legends team so he's probably a redditor.

(but yeah, for those who don't follow the Cred Forums twitter he offered to pony up some cash and appoint himself CEO if Cred Forums got a board of directors)

>he's probably a redditor.
>probably
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3q38qg/iama_martin_shkreli_ceo_of_turing_pharmaceuticals/
>mfw based shkreli will never do a ama on the chins

what pickups do people usually use for emo twinkly tappy shit? I have p90s now not sure where to go with next guitar

i dont trust him. or hiro for that matter.

>gibson
>marshall
>bernie

his rig is literally a meme

"how do i sound like slash?" -that guy

>half the traffic cost
how would he do that?

Crashing this board.

I'm still honestly not privy on how moot kept this site up after he stopped asking for donations a long time ago, I'm sure he didn't make any money off of this site but if anything, Cred Forums is probably always in the red.

I don't dislike hiroyuki, but 2ch and Cred Forums are real different beasts, especially when it comes to the sheer amount of data we eat up daily.

I hope he deletes /mlp/ though for sure.

mootykins got by on the power of love

Buying cheaper servers and hosting and limiting all uploads and connections that come in.

Aka Cred Forums would be unbrowsable.

With no survivors?

yeah but if he closes /mlp/ for example then /mlp/ just spreads back onto other boards. how would that half the traffic cost?

>limiting all uploads and connections that come in.
so you'd be trying to get on Cred Forums and it wouldn't let you?

well it wouldnt let you in, im invited.

this
people forget why boards like /mlp/, /vp/, /soc/, Cred Forums and Cred Forums exist

The Bernie sticker is ironic.

Server would be too overloaded, your connection would time out before you can post and shit.

Site-wide ban, like they did with daily dose and the such.

Which is what they should have done in the first place with those pony-fuckers.

I'm curious too

bans don't work though

I'm trying to adjust the action on my strat. This guy on youtube says every string should be 4/64 inches off of the 17th fret. Is that right?

it should be both the most comfortable for you and properly intonated

youtube.com/watch?v=m52-IFMXI60&t=5m50s

Rate my gear:

Bass: fender american deluxe active jazz bass, 4 string, flamed top
Strings: elixir nanowebs, 45-105
Amp: eden nemesis 250w 210
Pedals: ebs wah one, bass big muff, aguilar octamizer, tc ditto looper

There are thousands of websites that tell you how to do this...and you come here to shitpost your shitty subjective noob question...jesus fucking christ.

also
>4/64
are you fucking stupid, its 1/16th memeperial units you fucking stupid American

>1/16th

Yes, I know how fractions work you dumb fuck. Every single one of those websites seem to have a different answer though.

>jvm
ew

Can we outlaw any tuning other than standard, drop d or any variations of those two?

sure as soon as we outlaw namefags

Has anyone here ever played/owned one of pic related's Carvin sig guitars? I'm saving up for a guitar and wanted to know if they're any good.

is Bb standard allowed?

it doesn't have to be that exact height, you can put it wherever you want. i like 1.6-1.8mm. but yes, all the strings on a strat/tele should be the same height, it's the easiest way to get the fretboard radius curve right.

there are other ways to adjust the height, some people like the tuneomatic style where you just raise the lower strings and lower the higher strings, but on a guitar with single piece saddles you'll need a radius gauge to get it right.

can you fuck off retard

But how will I play my angsty emo thunder rock without drop B tuning? Standard tuning just doesn't sound good through my Line 6 spider 1000W head with behringer 4x12 cab.

99% of bass players should just be plugging into a preamp and then into the PA. No one can hear your tone... they can't even hear you at all. Your job is to make the floor vibrate slightly in time with the music.

>99% of bass players should just be plugging into a preamp and then into the PA. No one can hear your tone... they can't even hear you at all. Your job is to make the floor vibrate slightly in time with the music.

B-B-BUT MUH JACO

Do you even Steve Harris?

>Your job is to make the floor vibrate slightly in time with the music.
>slap without highs
ishygddt

If you can actually slap... and I mean you know how to do it and make it sound good, not just be some dude who can flick this thumb and pretend he's slapping... then you fall into the 1% and you have a pass to use fancy amps and pedals.

>1%
I'm absolutely certain you are underestimating how many serious bassists can slap.

Thanks, that's pretty much the answer I was looking for. I've seen people say to set them all at the same height and others suggesting the other method, but I don't have a radius gauge. Is measuring from the 17th fret right, or does that not matter either?

i do it at the 15th fret, the difference in height between the 15th and 17th frets is negligible though

just make sure the ruler you have to measure it is measuring it from the edge, if it's not zeroed out at the edge then you can't do it. i bought a string action gauge from stew mac, it's worth it, only like $20. if you don't have a ruler you can use coins like nickels and dimes (look up their measurments), kind of annoying but i did that a few times

Cool. I don't have shit for tools other than a set of allen wrenches. I was just gonna go to home depot and grab a small measurement ruler.

your home depot may be different, but the last time i went there i couldn't find any rulers that would work to set string height, they all had a gap between the edge and where it starts measuring

you could also use a feeler gauge and just stack a few of them together to get whichever height you want. i've also done that before lol.

Worst comes to worst, I'll get one of the string gauges on Amazon for under $10. I don't have a stew mac and guitar center doesn't sell shit for tools/gauges.

What musical genre does this apply to, except for maybe metal. But even then it's mostly incompetent bassists/engineers not knowing where to sonically place the bass in order not to clash with the guitars

if home depot doesn't have it check out some mom and pop hardware stores. they sometimes have oddball stuff like this

>except for maybe metal
Silent bass in metal is the reason your band sounds weak, the best brutal death metal bands have an audible, grunty bass and you can apply some neat counterpoint-ish melodic lines when playing bass in a Black Metal band.
I won't even mention bands with fretless basses where the bass player goes warblegarble all over the audible frequency range

Open G is best.

>your band sounds weak

That's what i was trying to say, sorry if it came across wrong. Its mostly incompetence if it isn't audible, certainly never a good thing.

No it's fine, I may have gotten worked up too fast too.
But yeah in metal you don't want your bass to fill only the very low end, because it's going to get drowned in the double bass drum's frequencies

I think David Ellefson from megadeth had a great take on that. His bass tone is designed to wrap around the thick midrange of the guitars while pushing together with the kick in the low end.
And fucking hell it works. Say about their music what you will, but the tone works.

does anyone know if Bias fx is actually any good? there are so many raving reviews but it seems like just a big marketing campaign.

Go V baby, explorers slide a lot when playing while sitting and it's got a weird balance. Get the V, trust me I'm the guy who owns the Surf ad Orange mustangs and having them both is always refreshing to pick up and play. You get the best of Gibson on one end and best of Fender on the other (in terms of sound of course before I start a shitshow)

I'm sure it's as good or better than any standard software effect like amplitube. It might have better tracking though, would have to try it. Is there torrents anywhere?

youtube.com/watch?v=fB2YofQ-uII
how have i not heard of her? she's fucking insane

Hello /gg/, I'm playing pic related, but whenever i hit the open high e, it sounds really out of place and sounds like hot garbage. The tone is super inconsistent. Why is this

Either you're out of tune or your technique is shit and you aren't muting the open string properly(I'm assuming you're sweeping this with lots of distortion)

Can anyone rec. a good slim cab for the 6505MH? I hate the look of a mini head on a wide cab.

It's Mr. Brightside for reference. I'm not really muting anything

Flip a 2x12 90 degrees

anyone know where to find good deals on pedals in Canada?

The exchange rate is fucking torture.
Not even used goods can save me.

Get a set of mechanic's feeler gauges.

I'm a bassist and I'm trying to build a post-punk/shoegaze pedalboard. I currently have a BOSS OBD-3, OC-3, CS-3, and a MXR analog chorus. Any recommendations?

Their music is great.

youtu.be/dQ_-tUKT-nY

>no delay/reverb
>shoegaze
familia

kek, here's your (You)

Just got back from home depot. I got a 6" ruler that measures down to the 32nd (for $2), and it starts at the edge of the ruler. I looked for feeler gauges too but couldn't find any.

That's my first priority lad

Long and McQuade :----^)

you're supposed to mute the open string after playing the note

>The exchange rate is fucking torture.

Now imagine your country's economy depended on oil.

Fuck Mexico, exchange rate is a son of a bitch atm, haven't bought anything lately cause of it.

I was thinking of moving to Canada, even.

Playing with headphones plugged into my amp is so comfy.

Can someone recommend me a good advanced book on Rock/Folk/Blues Guitar. Especially I want to learn more tecniques for the right hand. Not picking but more than the casual down and up...

>Now imagine your country's economy depended on oil
Boy do I have news for you. Why do you think the exchange rate is shit? Alberta is completely fucked atm and they're taking the rest of us with them.

Free Trade Agreement my fucking ass, huh?

Ay-ya-yai!

>implying rock blues or folk take more skill than the ability to play four chords.

But Open E and D tunings are a lot of fun. Why do you shit on John Fahey you talentless hack?

Can someone recommend me a good advanced guitar book on Rock/Folk/Blues Guitar. Especially I would like to learn more techniques for the right hand and do more than the casual down and up..

guts tuh sea eet

>

Well...at least you have to do advanced stuff with your right hand then...

Sorry for posting twice

>implying rock blues or folk take more skill than the ability to play four chords.

It sounds bad right away tho

Timbre on all the strings are different, especially comparing open strings to fretted strings. It's the reason a Saxophone E sounds different than a Piccolo E. You need to develop your ear to hear differences in timbre.

As a beginner, google timbre, and what you really want me to say is "make your open string less twangy, and make your fretted notes less warm to balance the difference in """"tone""""."

Study classical right hand technique, and open string etudes to develop timbre.

DESU /gg/ is overrun by noobs who only know a little bit about guitar and not shit about Music Science and Theory. I know we all have to start somewhere, but the general answer to almost all of these fucking questions, including "wut guitar iz good" is PLAY MOAR. LURK MORE. PLAY MORE. LURK MOAR...like jesus christ, I can see why this site is being shut down, just look at all the shitposts.

I bet you're fun at parties

>tfw accidentally come up with song and then forget how to play it the next day.

I recorded it and still can't remember what I did...

>start playing around
>come up with riffs
>didn't record
>start recording
>forgot riffs

>come up with riffs while playing
>go drink a glass of water
>forget how to play the riffs

>pickup guitar
>no riffs coming through

>get a bad mood for a couple of days
>dont feel like playing guitar
>pickup guitar everyday anyway but it feels like shit

>want to learn theory
>dont bother and start improvising and learning other songs by ear/tabs

how did it post this image instead of this one

I am considering this one second hand, going for a decent price of $1200 AUD (a Gibson Standard V is $2000 AUD new). I've never actually played a Gibson V though, only a Alexi laiho model V which i doubt is anything to go on except the fact its a V.

>white Gibson V

ikr, fuck me I need to just sit down and learn.

I just record every time I play just in case, usually I'm laying in bed late at night.

youtube.com/watch?v=gHse6sR46ew

I want to clean this up so much, but I can't remember wtf I did.

>Especially I want to learn more tecniques for the right hand. Not picking but more than the casual down and up...
you mean like, rhythm?

Not even him.
I bet you're original.

Enjoy your pointless party, you noncreative, consumer, underage, piece of consumer trash.

You could probably find a decent used valve amp for that money

Start small! Can you build a Major/minor triad on any note? Can you traspose a lick up or down an octave quickly?

Its the small stuff man, even professionals love practicing fundamentals.

Usually, the hardest part is just forcing yourself to start, but once youre in the zone, not even YOU can stop yourself.

>hey can't even hear you at all. Your job is to make the floor vibrate slightly in time with the music

Someone's never been to a concert of any band that has a bass player in it.

Yet another copy/pasted response. You're not contributing anything to the world, why dont you just kill yourself already.

Well, I don't know what those words mean.

Would a music course in college be able to teach me this stuff?

Elaborate?

Five minutes on the internet and a couple hours of practice a day could teach you this stuff.

kys

Bad intonation probably

>very faint buzzing on some of the strings when im playing hard. i can only really here it when i have my amp turned way down though.
This is 100% normal. If it plays fine, don't worry about it.

Anyone know where I could get some basic music theory podcasts/audio books (if any exist)?

>Can you build a Major/minor triad on any note?
No.
>Can you traspose a lick up or down an octave quickly?
Usually no.
>Usually, the hardest part is just forcing yourself to start, but once youre in the zone, not even YOU can stop yourself.
I believe you, I wish I could find some basic music theory audio books, for the next month I can literally listen to 8 hours of music at my work with no problems, so I want to put that into learning theory.

thanks user, I just checked and the intonation on my high e is way off

seconding this.
they look clean as fuck and are fairly affordable

There are technically advanced takes on all those genres.

Ahh Kiesel.

Nothing beats trying to hide the massive decline in quality of your work by paying and/or bullying forum moderators into deleting negative posts and giving free guitars to Youtube view-whores.

That's a really cute webm. Nice quads. I don't know any music theory podcasts or audio books, but there are a lot YouTube videos and pdfs you could peruse. I recommend starting with Guthrie's books in the OP.

If you still don't know your intervals, learn solfege! AKA Solfeggio. Its the "Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti" singing technique.

By learning solfeggio, you will not ONLY be able to sing well, you will be able to sight-READ, sight-SING, and hear melodies in your head, without the need for an instrument. Scour youtube for solfege tutorials.

Here's the book my college used for their two-year course. It ranges from absolute beginner to extremely advanced. It is very well written and also contains many melodies from actual literature. amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0495505005/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Used version is 8 bucks, can't beat that.

Learning this, you will be able to see what you hear, and hear what you see.

Youtube would be your best bet.
Search for things like Chord scales, Applied dominants. 4 voice Part-writing techniques.

Listen to Beethoven and Bach analysis too. The symphonies are long and great.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll look into that!

Sick, what pickups are on it? When I got my Gibson V it blew me away compared to my Epi V. I believe mine is that 498R Humbucker set or something like that. Many other V shapes from other companies don't really do it justice to the models of other companies since they can't make the wings equal length due to legal reasons. (See Reverend Volcano) and the wide wing 58' is different from the slimmer 67' shape.

that's very pretty user, please buy me it

When you get over the age of 13 you'll regret buying it.

piss off, gibson vs are excellent guitars.

>Gibson
>excellent

This board is 18+, come back in 6 years.

stay mad, poorfag

It's probably a mid-2000s Gibson, they were great back then m8

Do any of you fellers keep a guitar on an open tuning? I've been feeling inspired by blake mills a lot lately.

I keep one of mine in open g.

would cgcgce count? i wrote a few songs on that

Just put this onto my soundcloud as a bass improv. What do you guys think of it?

clyp.it/ijugqsff

It's just me improvising on bass using an A minor scale. Any critiques or reccommendations? I might post a pic of my mic setup and see if you guys could help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong. It's a Blue Yeti on the Blue shockmount and a Rode PSA1 boom arm.

>bass
>not a backup instrument
kill urself my man

did you use a metronome to record? if not, I recommend doing so in the future to keep the time consistent.
noticeable fret buzz, if its not the instrument then you need to work on finger strength.
despite being a bass there was a lack of actual bass in the recording, I get you're going for a certain tone but that doesnt mean you should sacrifice bass frequencies.
it certainly sounds like improv, as in a lot of mindless wandering. try to strengthen the chords more with more than just 3rd's

Not a shill. I've got a mid 2010's Carvin that blows everything else I own out of the water by an insane margin.

>Not a shill.

Well I'm convinced.

It's got a set of Seymour Duncan blackouts and its a mid 2000 model. I feel I need to play some in store before I commit.

Its been a while since I've posted in /gg/, so here is a shot of my current lineup of basses, including my recently aquired #4 bass, A trans red custom parts-built fretless Jazz Bass that's 32 years old, with lined ebony epoxy coated fret board. Pure Jaco tone.

I have that same EQD pedal, my fav combo delay/reverb pedal. I have it hooked up to my moog exp pedal to adjust wet mix of the reverb

That was the dude from Catalinbread pedals, he was actually a rather nice guy,.

Despite how bad the JHS team might be, the Muffuletta is actually one of my fav Muff variant pedals of all time, aside from the Tall Font Russian

>behind on lecture because terminal autism
>all I do is practice guitar day in and day out jamming to major and minor scale backtracks and coming up with solos
>literally cant stay awake in bio lecture

so its okay to be autistic, good at guitar, and not do well in school right? Can I make a living as a jazz hobo?

Record something.

How do i get a tone similar to Bark Psychosis'

youtube.com/watch?v=RMMfziJQNsE

I've already said I'm good at guitar but I know otherwise, didn't mean to mislead.

I can barely do "solos" based off of scales by ear. The truth is I can only play by ear. I have "learning disabilities" and my ear is the only reason I'm still playing. Notes look jumbled to me. So to be frank, it sounds like a four year old shit into my mic and I know better.

What I'm actually hoping for is to improve over the next two years enough to be a decent musician, I'm practicing scales with the help of the books in the OP. The real question is:

If I practice almost all day for the next two years is it possible for me to become a musician as a career?

vocaroo.com/i/s0YDmcb2ji7y

Any advice appreciated.

Right with you user, just got back from a medical science course and i know the first thing I'm gunna do at home is startup my 1x10 pickup my mustang and strum away to whatever's on my computer speakers until 6am

Gibson's decline has been occurring since the 1990's. They most certainly were not great back then.

vocaroo.com/i/s0Cr5jKxvVnp
That was improv but I learned this by ear and with the help of tab that looks less weird to me I guess.

I-I can't tell if this is sarcasm ;_;

If you don't know theory you're never gonna make it. If you don't write your own whole songs you're never gonna make it.

Fuck off, bass can play sick lines just as well as guitar. You're only limiting your composition skills if you think bass can't play. Same with drums. They are all important, or they wouldn't be there.

If you know how to read and write in English you can learn how music theory works. Stop making excuses faglord.

I don't mean to be rude user but you sound really insecure, just try to relax. Your Bach thing is okay but you could make the picking a bit more dynamic and the timing a bit more consistent. I don't know why you think learning by ear is bad, unless you want to be a classical musician or think that you must learn music exactly as it was recorded or written then ear is sufficient. You do at least know basic theory and intervals like octaves, fifths, major/minor thirds and sevenths etc. right?

I can't.

No I think I'll keep my excuses. They get the job done.

So there is no hope? I can write my own whole songs, I'm working on one now, hopefully I can have four to five done within six months.

Yes, the basic theory I have down a kind professor actually took the time to slowly explain it to me without writing anything down.

You're not rude its a personal problem. I can't compliment my own work ever. I just got the highest grade in a class for writing that everyone fails frequently, 26/30 got a no pass, 3 got a C, I got a C+, but I'm still unhappy/extremely anxious. Just an example.

I apply the same to music. Practice scales till my callouses break off.

My new guitar

Im so sorry

im liking that gold senpai

>metallic finish
>hahaohwaityou'reserious.gif

this is me user, minus the degenerate weeb part

anyway i sympathize and we should try harder in school

Glam rock/10

how do i get this tone?
youtube.com/watch?v=UM7wru6QqZU

also my bass is an ibanez 505, my amp is a fender bxr 100

and if there u know better tones let me know

How much did you pay for it?

Would you sell a guitar that you love but never use?

I'm in a dilemma right now, sell some guitars I really like but rarely play to fund a custom build (basically a dream guitar) or just keep them. The custom guitar would have no resale value but it would be damn near everything I want.

>inb4 hiroshimoot closes Cred Forums

I'd sell all but my first one.

*and if you know

>strat

haters gonna hate. I like the gold. I prefer it with the plain white pickguard though. either way nice guitar. anyone who says otherwise is poor and jealous.

Will never sell my 'first' guitar. I say 'first' in quotes because it's actually my second but first guitar worth anything. Other than that, I'd sell anything that wasn't inherited.

guitar shaped object

I ripped everything off my pedal board (that I built myself 7 years ago)... put most of it back on (original crybaby not shown).

Recommend me:
- compressor
- reverb
- power supply for 7-8 pedals
- pedalboard to put it all on

butts, forgot the pic

your strap appears to have an infection, user. i'm sorry.

>Wampler EGO Compressor
>Neunaber Expanse
>Voodoo Lab 4X4
>Pedaltrain Metro 20

Mostly sound like bridge pickup, hard plucking finger style, and a bump in the low/low midrange with a touch of highs. start with making those adjustments to your bass/amp.

>8 inches deep
>wah and volume are 10+ inches

>Tfw lake placid blue strat

My dude! I am toying with the idea of using Brian Gibson's exact string setup with one of my basses.

problem ?

what does a bump mean, between low and middle amount? and i put the adjustments on both bass and amp or just find out myself?

>Marshall
ugh

I dig that 5 string. What make?

All of them are cool, though. Those old Peaveys look heavy as fuck. How do they sound/play?

Holy fuck I love John Fahey.
Also look at those numbers.

Yeah I think you guys are right. It's not an exceptionally rare guitar I would be selling (Martin 000-28) but I'm pretty broke right now and know I won't be able to own another one for a while. I maybe pull it out of the case once a month, might as well own something I play every day.

The carvin is the red one. Excuse the shitty screen shot. I didn't feel like pulling out the DSLR.

What's wrong with Marshall, m80? JTM, Super Lead/Bass, JMP, JCM800, they made some good stuff! More recently it's not as exciting, for sure

His looks like some quad channel diode-clipping abortion though

Jizzing myself atm

bump as in raise the eq level on the mid and bass a bit. on your amp you have a 7 band eq, raise the last 3 faders a bit, drop the middle fader a bit, and boost the next 3 a bit, make somewhat of a scoop shape, then use only the bridge pickup on your ibanez, and keep the bass guitar eq flat (adjust it to further dial in the sound if you want)

Still listening, but it's important to remember that even in improvisational tracks you must remember that keeping a musical motif or theme in mind is important. The quality seems kinda... dull though. Other than that, I can tell your pretty good at bass and you probably have a desire to improve.

JCMs are poopoo.

I would kill for a Super Lead and a Super Bass though, Jesus.

from there its just a matter of experimenting and comparing tones.

Sorry, you're right, Marshall does make good stuff but most of the time they conjure up images of buttrock in my head so I have a bit of a disdain for em.

Unfortunately, I have a latent desire to want the most obscure and "unique" things and Marshalls... aren't that.
I respect em tho.

top this

alright thx for the help man

The 5 string is a Custom built bass by a small company in Georgia called Warrior. They make some pretty beautiful and great sounding basses. I got a good deal on mine used, 1k cash + 1k worth of trade on a 90's PRS 5 string I used to have. Thing was like $2900 in 2004 when it was built. Also yeah the Peavey is a bit on the heavy side, about 11 lbs last time i weighed it. sounds great tho, lots of usable tones ranging from Musicman, Rick, P & J Basses, etc. I have mine strung with nylons for a more hofner-ish plucky tone, suites it quite well.

oops, responded to my own post instead of yours.

How bout this Senpai?

I dunno man, the old vertical input 2204 JCM800s were/are pretty killer amps. Anything past that is poopoo, though, to use the vernacular.

And totally, the Super Bass has been on my list for ages, but they're not cheap. Just gotta keep eyes out for a beater.

I can see the buttrock association lol, they're basically what people think of when they think of RAWK. But yeah, they are certainly a dime a dozen in the amp world. Great, though. Always think of Brent Hinds' tone, he uses an old JMP and it absolutely screams. Very cool

What kind of amps are you lookin' for? Hiwatts are neat. Old Ampeg stuff? Or more boutique type stuff?

Let them hang. Or put them on the floor, that's what I do. Having wah/volume at an angle bugs me.

I'd love to get Super Bass for bass use. I once plugged up a 50watt MKII with 6550's to a bass cab and plugged a j bass into low input II, even at 50 watts it sounded amazing on bass

If you're not playing it you just like to look at it, you don't love it.

I've seen both a Super Lead and Super Bass on CL here for a little over 1k each, but I don't have that kind of money right now.

Super Lead + Orange 412 is my dream guitar rig.

Yea I already got the Jazz Bass ready, all I need is dat Super Bass and a good bass stack mang.

Both those basses are, judging by your description, stuff I'd totally play. The Peavey is far more attainable though, lol.

Can't decide if I want a Jazz or Streamer Stage I for my next bass, but I really like the idea of one of those Peaveys, too. What amp do you run 'em through?

Pic related, reason I want a Streamer. Prefer the ol' Stage I he chopped the cutaway on, though

I was thinking like old Matamp shit, Sunns, just old weird things that put in work. Admittedly, I'm not much of a guitar amp guy, I'm focused more on bass and if I had to play guitar for a gig I'd run through a bass amp.

As for bass amps, peaveys and ampegs are cool with me.

Where's here? Hah. That is reasonable as all fuck, if you're talking USD and non-reissue amps. Save up dude! If you're seeing those things for that kind of money, you can totally save up for it, esp. if it's the dream rig

I bet it sounded cool. I just got a Traynor YBA-1 (similar idea behind the circuit, modified 5F6A Bassman circuit), and it sounds killer on bass too. Couldn't turn it up above like 1.5/10 lest it rip my house off its foundation. It's currently getting electrolytics and a master volume. Will probably get an attenuator too for that sweet sweet power amp distortion. Despite all this I still want a Super Bass lol

San Diego. USD, non-reissue.

But I'm on the other side of the border and make my living in pesos.

It would take me like 1 3/4 months of wages to buy one haha.

Matamp is definitely cool, as is Sunn. Both of those (excluding the Model T from Sunn and newer Matamp stuff designed for overdrive sound) require some MAJOR volume to distort, though. They all kick ass for pedals, though. Played through a friends Sunn Solarus a few weeks ago, that thing got loud as all fuck before it started to break up. They're cool as hell, though.

Always wanted to try a blueline SVT for guitar, though. 300W of fuckery

yeah warwicks can be pretty tight, just depends on your preference. Also pic related to your question about my rig. For all of my live gigs thus far I've used A 2015 Fender Basman 500HD with a Hartke AK 410/115 stack. its the lightest and most portable bass rig I own. Aside from that I'm a bit of an old Peavey fanatic and I have 2 festival era cabs, a shallow 2x15 and a 412F, booth loaded with scorpions. I run them with an old 70's Peavey Musician 300 and a 70's Univox 1561. sounds stellar

Shit, user. Well, just keep savin' I guess! Currently paying next to nothing for rent, so I can bank most of what I make, excluding school loan repayment. Best of luck, you'll have your amp someday!

>working in tj
why

I have an old univox amp that runs quad 6550's thats kinda in the realm of marshally tones. Actually just sent it out to get tuned up, probably gonna get recapped in the process. can't wait to hear how it sounds when its done.

That's what I've heard. All the Streamers/Corvettes I've played have been superbly nice. Just gotta find the right one

That Univox is cool as fuck, same w/ the Musician. Kinda want to grab an older SS Peavey head meself. And a VTM/Butcher...

Have I seen your shit on Rigs of Doom before? Seems like a few folks from /gg/ have been on there. I know I saw a guy with some Sunn/Simms-Watts stuff on there too.

Regardless, very awesome setup mang

how many drugs was zender on when he designed that bass

I already own my dream guitar so ya, little by little.

Because I'm mexican and finding a decent-paying non-slave schedule job that'll pay a mexican with no work visa is impossible.

Plus I have a degree.

Same with me and the Traynor. It's been in a week, the guy quoted me 3 tops. Unreasonably excited to rip into some Sabbath/EW/Sleep type shit and gut-shaking, window-rattling volumes (for about 2 minutes before I have the cops called on me).

Quad 6550's... what kind of wattage does that put out? North of 100 I'd assume?

Thanks duder, yeah i was on rigs of doom 2 times so far. And yeah older Peavey SS is gold if you can find them, especially the Super Festivals. If you ever find one at a good price, get it on the spot, they are stupid rare. The Butcher/VTM are also great Marshall clone amps as well. Would like to put a bass through a VTM 120 to see what it would sound like.

What's the guitar? Also what kinda work do you do? Curious as to what /gg/ folks do for a living

Just enough lol. I really dig the pattern! I'd take a natural finish 4 string from the 90s first, but that one is cool. Fucking love that guy though, what a good player

just about 100-150 watts, I gotta watch the bias tho cause the amp is pushing like 700 volts through the plates, and if biased too hot it could cause arcing

Solid. I shall keep combin' the CL. Wisco generally isn't on shit, but when nice stuff eventually crops up it's ALWAYS underpriced and sold by rubes who don't know what they've got (ex. a slightly modded 72 SG Standard sold for 350 bucks by a pawn shop, 73 Rick that was a little beat up for 1100; missed both of those).

And yeah, the VTM with a bass could sound absolutely nasty. What kind of stuff do you play?

'06 AVRI Fender Jazzmaster. Pickguard is from a J Mascis JM, I wanted to model my guitar based on his backup guitar, which is the one his signature Squier is based on.

I'm a translator/interpreter, I currently work for a medical company that owns a big antibodies factory and clinics here.

Hah, that would be something. I think the tech I am using is adding adjustable bias to the Traynor as well, apparently they can eat tubes depending on the make, bias should help w/ that.

Where'd you score the Univox from? You best post some clyp stuff when you get it back

Neat guitar. Also nice Acoustic stuff! How's that setup sound? Never played through any myself.

Also, nice. Seems like a decently cushy position. Interesting that you can't get into the US with a skillset like yours.

Got it from a gentlemen off the Talk Bass forums for like $500, pretty god deal. And yeah i'll try and get a recording done for you guys

It sounds kinda bad to be honest, the cabinet is a bass cabinet (I'm a bass player first, guit second) and is the cheapest Eminence-equipped shit you can find on Guitar Center. The head is a guitar head and has some nice solid state sounds but it's nothing to write home about.

>Interesting that you can't get into the US with a skillset like yours.

I probably could, but in all honesty it would probably take way too much time and effort for it to end in Trump/Hillary pushing me out the country.

I got a job offer in Montreal too, might be moving there by next year and getting a citizenship, but I hear getting gear over there isn't any easier lmao.

Mostly Alternative, Indie Rock, also a tad of Jam band and Prog influence tossed in. Think Dr. Dog meets Mars Volta in a certain sense, at least that's how I see it. I like to play fairly clean with a good bite, but I'm also a big fan of using pedals, especially fuzz + phaser. I have a Black Russian Big Muff modded for higher gain and a 4th knob that boosts low/mids. My bass influences are Geddy Lee, Chris Squire, Juan Alderete, Dave Hope, and Paul McCartney

Serious question here.

Why do guitarists seem to not know any music theory? I mean, most learn it later on...but some guitarists just...

For example, I saw this kid playing an open mic live the other day, and he was ripping some crazy classical/fusion style tapping. He couldn't have been more than 20 years old. We started talking about guitars and he asked me how I composed my songs, I told him about progressions and stuff...and he was like "no I mean what notes do you use" I told him, I like to use Minor to Major 3rd in blues, and he said "what notes are those?" a bunch of confusion later and he said "oooohh, like when youre rocking the top string and hit the 3rd and 4th frets!"

Like farkin wut.....He was playing crazy stuff but he didn't know basic theory???

What is going on? Why don't most guitarists know theory yet are able to memorize and play crazy stuff?

Theory takes a focused effort to learn. Playing fast comes with standard practice.

he knows theory, he just doesn't know the names of the notes or how they relate. he knows informal theory and not formal theory

there was a story of miles davis talking to jimi hendrix about theory and he was explaining all these concepts to him and it turned out that he already knew most of them, but didn't know what they were called. good musicians can intuitively learn theory because theory is descriptive and not prescriptive

he knows theory, he just lacks the vocabulary to articulate what he knows.

don't look down on people because they've never heard the word 'caesara' or know the names of all the modes.

my wife is a music teacher and we've been over countless times "so if I do this..." and she tells me what that thing is called in the textbooks. I didn't need to know what it was called to know how to do it or understand that it was musical.

Anybody used Hellatone 60 speakers? I want an Avatar 212 cab. I'd think id want V30s but there is one on craigslist that has the Hellatone 60s.. Could probably get the cab for $300.

Apparently the Hellatone is just a V30 that has a sound played through it for 15 hours?

threadly reminder that tone woods have no impact on an electric guitar's sound

It's not too horrible, but the currency is working against you. As far as getting gear goes, though, there's a lot of people on Reverb that will ship across. Just got my amp from Canada actually.

Unless you were talking specifically about getting gear locally. Can't speak to that for Canada. I dunno, I'd still try for MURKA, but I'd be a bit biased being white, male, and already an American.

Bummer the cab doesn't quite stand up. Does anyone down there make custom cabs? Perhaps you could get something domestically made to Orange specs?

>What is resonance?

threadly reminder that if you cant hear the difference between mahogany neck/body and maple/alder neck/body then you have no ears.

Thought about Greenbacks, user? I know a certain somebody (myself lol) looking to sell an Avatar 2x12 w/ Greenbacks.

To answer your question, the Hellatone 60s are nice. Used them in a 4x12, they were a little sharp sounding for my ears. Depending on what you're looking to use them for, I guess?

>what is solid carbon sounds clearer than wood and you can achieve the same sounds with effects pedals
you people are sheep

do not care for them

We'll see user, hopefully something pops up and I can stop playing the Star Spangled Banner "ironically" on my guitar

>Perhaps you could get something domestically made to Orange specs?

I'll give you the most important piece of advice you will ever get:

Don't trust mexican techs.

They'll take forever to do anything and still screw up something.

Fair enough. The Hellatones definitely do the V30 thing quite well, and 300 is a deal. What amp are you pairing it with?

That would be most nice, hah. You could still play it ironically lol, just in protest to your new shitty president and corporation-owned government. Hope somethin' works out for ya, though.

And that sucks lol. Loads of little cab makers in the US, they'll do whatever ya want. Nice thing is that cabs stay roughly the same price w/ inflation, unlike old amps and guitars and stuff, you can always get one for a reasonable price.

>solid carbon sounds clearer than wood
>tone woods have no impact on an electric guitar's sound
pick one

Well the issue is is that I'm not buying new from avatar so I can't pick and choose speakers. Looking get a peavey 6505mh as my first actual amp to replace my crappy old multifx amp.

Haven't actually had the chance to go out and try speakers, I just know that V30s are really popular

>What is digital vs anologue sound?

fair enough
>tone woods have no beneficial impact on the clarity of an electric guitar's sound and any distortion they create can be artificially replicated
buying into the tone woods fallacy is retarded

I would maybe try and go check some speakers out, or do some Youtubbs research on them. They have a pretty huge effect on your tone, and depending on how efficient they are, a huge effect on how loud you can get.

Also, just saying, I might avoid the MH. Unless you like the super chimy high end and really tight distortion, the EL84 power tubes in that thing/similar 10-20W amps might not be your cuppa'. I'd check out bigger stuff with 6L6/EL34 power. Can always use the master volume or an attenuator if volume is an issue. Cost shouldn't be too much more either, esp. if you're going used. Always deals to be had

artificial stairstep wave vs smooth naturally occurring wave...hmmmm....

Ill do more research on the coming days. Dont really want the full big Peavey, even though I know there is a sound difference.

Might go with a Blackstar head when it comes around to it

Get a large bottle amp if you can, the 20-25w lunchboxes are very cool but you can't beat the sound of the large glass. Some Modern amps actually have a master volume that's worth a damn and tapers properly instead of whisper to airplane at the slightest touch.
Went from a Mark V 25 (EL84) to a JP-2C (6L6) and I'm very happy.
In the end and to be fair, any good tube amp will be a huge upgrade from your multi fx, been there. Just think if you will need some good headroom or wanna play with a band and not be drowned.
Muh Music Man nigga

The Blackstar stuff is high quality too. Probably can be had for less than other brands too, solely because it isn't a huge name. Played through a Club 50 at one pt, sounded really quite nice. What are you looking to play/use it for?

Also V30s are a very safe bet for speakers, it's no coincidence why they are so popular.

Hardcore/High gain stuff, but I also play a fair share of clean stuff too. But mainly dig the higher gain

Yeah, Blackstar could do it for ya. I'd look at that club 50. Can always throw an OD in front if the gain doesn't quite do it for you.

What MM do you use? Really want a 5 string Stingray myself

so where do you go to find a musician?

i need a lead guitar player, a few years ago I would post on craigslist but is there a better site for this now? in a major city BTW

aw fug, we're at bump limit and I have to wait until some NA user makes a new one to get an answer

a delicate balance of marijuana, cocaine, heroin, and jack daniels

Speaking of

New thread