ITT: Albums with a 10/10 and 0/10 song

You know what I'm talking about

every album ever recorded with a 10/10 song has a 0/10 song.

Wrong. Pet sounds, for one. Where's your 0/10 on there?

sloop john b

Not possible.

>Sloop John B
>0/10 song
>on the same level as student demonstration time

Do people actually believe this or is this shit b9-1?

I actually like student demostration time.

pet sounds doesn't have a 10/10 song.
stop lying to yourself user.

Wouldn't actually say any of the songs are truly 10/10, but I know people who think that so I guess why not.
The thing about student demonstration time is that it's quite one of the few true examples of a worthless song; by that, I mean that the song adds nothing of worth to the musical canon. It's a wholesale rip-off of Riot in cell block number 9 opportunistically reworked by Love to be topical. Its presence in the album makes no sense musically, as it's the sort of half-baked rnb number which the Beach Boys had left behind since at the very least Today!, if not All summer long. You can enjoy it as a standalone white boy rhythm and blues song, but listening to it in the context of the album is a cringe inducing experience.

I mean, if that's true no album has a 10/10.

I don't think I'm lying to myself. If I am, it's certainly not conscious. So, that's just like, your opinion man.

the entire A side of that album is p. bad imo

B side's great ofc

It's weaker than side B, true, but Disney Girls, Long Promised Road and Take a load off your feet are still great songs

Hate to state the obvious, but the difference in quality can probably be attributed to the presence of a certain M. Love...

what's the 0?

nobody cares what you think passcuck

you know the one

10/10 - Title track and "Killing Yourself to Live"
0/10 - "Who are You?"

What kind of cocaine were the rest of the guys smoking when they let Ozzy make this pile of fucking garbage?
What a shame!

Completely destroys what could've been a more or less flawless album.

This 2bh

Aja, by steely dan. Basically a flawless album

Why am I not surprised

Hey
Debaser
Gouge Away

All 10's

Don't think there is a 0/10 but I'd guess Silver in your case.

I don't.
Student Demonstration Time is cool, man. Not a 0/10 at all

Hello Mike. How's the autobiography coming along?

at the very least Sunshine of Your Love is a 10/10 brit blues classic - Mother's Lament is absolutely worthless even as a joke ending track

loving the mike love hate

Didn't it already come out?

anyone seen the promo vids for it on youtube?
each one has the comment section disabled
poor mike doesnt want to get bullied

>0/10
Revelation

>10/10
Literally any other song

Yeah. But I never let the facts get in the way of a good joke the same way Mike never lets the facts get in the way of a good court case

Kek, nice one. Have you read his book? It's a highly entertaining load of bullshit. Pretty much the entire book is Mike being a passive aggressive asshole. At every opportunity he disses Brian and the others and praises himself.

I saw Aja in this thread and got triggered until I saw what you were responding to. There's nothing wrong with a single song on there, but Can't Buy a Thrill is still my favorite album.

it's objectively 6/10, user.
What's with all this hyperbole?

do you know if its online? i dont want to buy it desu
it sounds interesting to hear about the beach boys from such a warped point of view though

Yeah, after slogging through Morrissey's Penguin Classic I've decided to give musician's autobiography's a bit of a wide berth. At least Keith Richards' sounds like he's stoned off his face dictating shit to his ghostwriter throughout, which is no less than I expect from him.

I'd probably get through Bruce and Brian's first before I decide to head through Mike's.

I've always thought this picture looked like an ad about bullying.

>the fear in his eyes lasts to this day

mike: >:(
brian: :(

if you mean Exiles, then you're flat-out wrong.

Mike Love is doing a free book signing/Q&A in my state. Should I go? The man is a prick and his book is bullshit but it would be cool to get him to sign my old Beach Boys vinyl.

i hate mike love, but id say do it just because
hell probably kick the bucket soon, so maybe itll be worth something in a few years

Pleb option: bring in a copy of Pet Sounds to be signed
Kiss-ass option: bring in Still Cruisin'
True master baiter option: bring in Love You

desu, id be kind of salty too if i was mike love
both his wife and his daughter fucked dennis
thats 2 levels of cuck

>True master baiter option: bring in Love You
Top kek, that's what I plan on bringing in. That and an old Sloop John B single.

10/10 Nas Album Done
0/10 I Got the Keys

god speed

brian had some great helmet hair
the idea of him styling it in the morning makes me happy

fuck you user

let me go home

listen to the acapella version then try to tell me its a bad song

Kek have never seen that one

why is this thread full of Beach Boys children?

there are many more things like this, you retards!

>student demonstration time
>not thinking he meant ADITLOAT purely because of Van Dyke Park's Reedy ass vocals

Side A
Don't Go Near The Water 8/10
Long Promised Road 10/10
Take A Load Off Your Feet 9/10
Disney Girls (1957) 9/10
Student Demonstration Time 8/10

Side B
Feel Flows 10/10
Lookin' At Tomorrow (A Welfare Song) 10/10
Day In The Life Of A Tree 0/10
'Til I Die 10/10
Surf's Up 10/10

You fuck I'm both and OP

A day in the life of a tree fits thematically and musically, even if it's the weakest of the songs on side 2. Student demonstration time has no place on Surf's Up by any metric.

so, 1. >implying and 2. you're a faggot

everything but Surf's up and Day in the life of a tree is inflated, though admittedly not by much

why does everyone hate aditloat?
its a strange song, but i like the emotion in it
i never knew it was viewed so negatively until now

10/10 Medicine Bottle
0/10 Japanese to English

>Doolittle having a 0/10 song
wat

Lord Kill the Pain is worse tho

wew pleb

10/10: Body and Blood
0/10: >ITS THE LAST SONG OF THE NIIIIIIIIIGHT

that's a grower though

I don't mind Lord Kill the Pain since the lyrics are sarcastic. But the Japan ease lyric really annoys me.

I like Aditloat, but it's still weaker than the rest of the songs on side B. The reason plebs hate on it is for it being overly "experimental" (hence people defending Student demonstration time)

you're a 10/10 on the pleb scale

10/10: I Might Be Wrong or Life In A Glasshouse
0/10: Morning Bell/Amnesiac

Does your version of SDT not have Brian's piano, the distorted bass and the synthy air-raid sirens? SDT is a boringly straightforward blues harmonically and melodically but the arrangement fits the ethos of the album just fine.
I was joking about ADITLOAT btw. I actually think you're underrating it. Lookin' at Tomorrow is the weakest song on side two.

no

>Cocaine Lights
>Pride

LKTP is the worst thing he did under Red House Painters
the snarky tone kills the bleak mood of the album more than any of Japanese to English's silliness
also the title track is better than Medicine Bottle

Yes, it does. It's still a shit song, and this coming from a lieber stoller fan. It may superficially fit in terms of arrangement but aesthetically it doesn't work at all.

As for Lookin' at tommorow, I'd have that as second weakest. Tbh it's such a great side 2 it's hard to pick apart

You might need to clarify that one.

>It may superficially fit in terms of arrangement but aesthetically it doesn't work at all.
I would reccomend just focusing in on Brian's piano on it when you're listening. He does a hell of a lot rhythmically and melodically given the huge degree of freedom such a simple song provides and even by itself, his performance makes the song comfortably above average (though deffinitely still the worst on Surf's Up).
>Tbh it's such a great side 2 it's hard to pick apart
Well, we definitely can agree on that.

accurate

>tfw you forget to tip the bartender

If I wanted to listen to Cell Block number 9 I'd listen to the Flat Duo Jets. I wouldn't listen to Mike Love preach about late 60's unrest as means to gain writing credits from no work.

Brian's piano or no piano, I flip side A over before Student Demonstration Time begins. Sue me. And I don't consider one man's piano part, no matter how genius, enough to elevate a bad song to above average. It's about the raw material, damn it; you could add all the coca cola can percussion and vibraphones and french horns and theremins you want, but if you've only got the Beach Boy's equivalent of "Why don't we do it in the road' you're not going to come out with Pet Sounds.

That even "Why don't we do it in the road" is more original than Student Demonstration Time tell you how bad Student Demonstration Time really is.

You're right about I Might Be Wrong but wrong about Morning Bell/Amnesiac.

>amnesiac morning bell > kid a morning bell

is it the student protest song? I literally listened to this album this morning and i was thinking the same thing

when im 64 or with a little help from my friends?

>le Sloop John B is bad meme

when will it end?

student protest song is so unfitting for that album, it has to be it

fucking dumbass you seriously thought that was van dyke parks singing?

10 - drone bomb me, 4 degrees, marrow
0 - Crisis

>replying to a 7 hour old post

kys

Is that not him at the end of the song? Man, someone should tell Mr. Parks cause if his interviews are anything to go by, even he thinks it's him. Whoever it is did a good impersonation.

well yeah he does backing vocals but when you talk about the song like that of course I assume it's the lead and not a little bit at the tail end of the song

also
>Reedy
what did he mean by this?

Exiles isn't bad.
The Talking Drum is the best King Crimson song of that type, which is good because the rest are mostly insufferable.

Easy money is awesome and one of the best songs on the album. Also the sleaziest song ever written.

kek.