mega.nz/#!mBoATaZI!iceBsLfqdclKsIzKKJhLwQjPBeCfIoyiUIQHCsCDRZg
youtu.be/IuR_Lwc5pNU
wikihow.com/Be-a-Shoegazer
youtube.com/watch?v=e0t6mI8vnzY
youtube.com/watch?v=-RUCbvONYCI
youtube.com/watch?v=BuDhLCLPoc4&t=742s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pretty good
i've given pic related a listen today and it's pretty damn incredible. is their other stuff worth listening to?

Good, but I'm missing my long-distance gf. Been listening to Duster a bunch.

Hey, you sound like me! Duster is one of my favorites. I just recently binged on their unreleased/rare stuff.

anyone listen to this?

iktf

>yfw sterling moss is secretly the best trip hop track ever made

Sick and a little distraught
Realizing I am growing into a bad habit of crushing on girls I share friend circles with despite never seeing this work out well for anyone
Currently enjoying the new Alcest and trying to push myself to be productive instead of moping around in my room like a ghost all day

Closedown - Nearfield
>Dream Pop, Ambient, Shoegaze,

mega.nz/#!XcJGxLzA!UzUgHwuLvz4VjuIruaLerdjqjJN9L6HiOBeq52kF264

youtube.com/watch?v=i23ClZ-Thrg

what you gotta do is stop talking to people
like all people just cut off human contact

just enter a extended period or intense self-reflection for like a year set to a patrician shugazi soundtrack

should be good after that

Can anyone rec something similar to this other than alvvays? I tuned into dkfm for the first time the other night and it was playing..

soundcloud.com/seashineband/its-alright

Most obvious similar band I can think of is Slowdive.

Even reminds me of Whirr's Around ep which was pretty good.

Does glitchgaze exist?

sweet trip obv

Except for that? I already love that

not really
shoegaze is like punk
they musicians pride themselves on how easy it is to make, so actual talented bands like sweet trip that can tastefully use glitch sounds come around like once in a lifetime

depreciation guild

I'll check it out

is there any shoegaze that's good?
being an idiot aside i haven't really liked any of the big names at all (loveless is ok i guess) and i kind of liked that sweet trip album but i'm about to give up on the genre. Is there any kind of weird or unique album you wanna hail mary at me?

youtube.com/watch?v=rq1driSER1Y
Check out this song

If you liked Sweet Trip you might like the second wave of electronic shoegaze. Have you tried M83's Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts, Asobi Seksu's Citrus, any of Pinkshinyultrablast's albums?

i remember liking that m83 album i'll have to listen to it again though. I haven't heard the others but i'll check them out thanks

I'm not a big fan of this but I actually seem to remember listening to an album by this band and at least somewhat enjoying it

oh and that reminds me i like Woods of Desolation but not really any other blackgaze

No idea honestly, I don't listen to much blackgaze. Maybe Wolves in the Throne Room is up your alley.

You might also like the drone-ier side of shoegaze, like Belong's October Language, and Jefre Cantu-Ledesma's Love is a Stream

I don't even like most shoegaze out there but I really digged this. All their other albums are such a let down though. What is some noise/feedback pop that resembles this or that you would consider essential?

Have you tried Ceres & Calypso in the deep time? It's what got me into shoegaze, a pretty unique album.

So, I'm going to my first shoegaze/darkgaze/slowgaze you know what concert.

How do I enjoy myself there, what do I drink, what do I do, how do I dress?

>How do I enjoy myself there, what do I drink, what do I do, how do I dress?

dawg just be yourself holy shit

>How do I enjoy myself there
don't
>What do I drink
nothing
>What do I do
nothing
>How do I dress?
don't

is blackgaze aoty?

my favourite for many years: youtu.be/Ematpfq8hCw
> don't dress
Is it really good idea?

thx, I will try only to stare at the band. I always do this in metal concerts anyways

>implying I want to be me

if you were truly into shugazi you wouldn't question it

so what happened

Anyone have a shoegaze / dream pop guide?
I've only really listened to mbv and DIIV.
I love them both.

fuck a guide tell us what you like about those bands

skramzgaze when???

how do I make shoegaze music? I wanna be a shoegaze super star

same bruh.
>tfw huge shoegaze fan but not a musician

NICE
TRUE
THE ONE IN THE OP

im a musician tho lol. I just wanna be like a shoegaze pop star

Try a regular rock band setup but include as many FX pedals as physically possible.

damn you lucky. how long would it take me to pick up a guitar and become a shoegazer? Last time I played was in music class in highschool.

im I really don't think being able to play a guitar is completely necessary for shoegaze, if you're doing the more noise-type shoegazy stuff

what does it require then? just creativity?

Imagination.

Totally

Try Astrobrite - pinkshinyultrablast if you want something noisy yet colorful.

hey shugaziers,

just came here to tell ya'll that OP's album by Swirlies (as well as their other classic, Blonder Tongue Audio Baton) is as good a shoegaze album as you're ever going to hear.

Swirlies were so fucking good, every bit as good as MBV in my humble opinion. I find their sound more varied. Tremendously inventive guitar playing.

Cheers OP.

I've been playing guitar for a few years now. But I've been playing like rock/blues. I've also been producing like rap beats and stuff. But I really think I could become big off this sound

aesthetic

So when are you planning to make it big

Absolutely.

But as somebody who's a self-taught guitar player, I'd recommend learning chords before you dissect them. Shoegaze is entirely based on colourful chord inversions, so you defs wants to move fingers out of place and fuck with conventions, but it's pretty difficult to find success when your playing is mostly aimless.

within the next few months. I'll make a thread here when I blow up. Just need to work on an aesthetic and music of course lol

Going Blank Again >>>>>>> Nowhere

NICE TRIPS I LOVE SWIRLIES

>Underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=QH_f6XJk7RQ

youtube.com/watch?v=6R8gErm7ktc

Never see Cheatahs mentioned here, but they're one of my all time favorites.

it's the other way around for me. Nowhere>Going Blank Again

depends on the mood though. if I wanna feel happy af, ain't no better record to bump than Going blank.

Check out Black Tambourine
youtube.com/watch?v=fekp9_KcdQ8

Dubs confirm what I already knew to be absolute truth. How people could prefer Nowhere is completely beyond me.

I started listening to them a lot around the beginning of the year, but I listened to them so much I got burnt out and can't listen to any of their stuff anymore. Do you like their s/t or Mythologies better?

Dude, PLEASE PLEASE make some bluesy shoegaze. Like old Spacemen 3 shit
youtube.com/watch?v=HUxQf7gjdW8

but better

I prefer their s/t personally, Mythologies was good but it seemed a tad weak, can't explain it. Still excited for future releases.

I kinda feel the same, actually.

no if you like an album it's usually best not to listen to anything else by that artist

i got you bro

what does shoegaze even mean anymore guys?

pedals

I was literally in the act of making that exact post but you beat me to it

what's the shoegaze aesthetic?

pedals

everyone uses pedals.

fuck aesthetics

If the band mentions mbv in an interview or have ever had a excessively blurry promo picture.

1) guitar music

with

2) obscured melodies

as a result of

3) excessive use of guitar effects

and

4) excessive use of tremolo

plus

5) soft, ethereal vocals drowned out by the guitars

and

6) apathetic/melancholic vibe

often in

7) minor key

you think I could make this with a DAW. like sampling guitars and shit? I don't really have to proper setup to record my guitar atm.

>the sweet trip guy doesn't even like vdc

I literally cannot comprehend this. It's so far above their other album that I just don't get it. How can he not like vdc more?

i wouldnt bother with guitar samples, personally i make some shoegazy stuff in my daw of choice by running synths through mad effects and lastly through and soft guitar amp module, maybe with more distortion or compression after

the real trick is getting it to sound comfy as audio in daws can be a lot fatter without the limitations of speaker cabs and recording losses and it often can sound really busy with a lot of tweaking and lots of time

its a hassle to learn but once you have a few tricks its not so bad senpai

I currently am using some synths but with dist and delay so it kinda sounds like a guitar but not exactly. another thing is there a shoe gaze drum style? so far I've just gone with simple drum patterns similar to Beach House.

without alot of tweaking and time*

huh wow didn't know that

for shoegazey drums id go for 80s synthy drum sounds ir just plain rock sounds

one very distinct drum pattern thing that always make me think of shoegaze is a rise ish snare pattern, you can hear it in the openings of mbvs only shallow, and its all over depreciation guilds stuff, you can hear it right at the beginning of dream about me

other that i think its mostly just rock beats with a decent amount of cymbals

also i really think that the soft guitar amp is really key here

no but cute chinese girls intrigue me

got a dl link man

Hmmm. Like a caged snare? Right I have this pretty simple pattern of just 2 and 4 for snares but I added a delay so it's kinda like a roll after it but it like fades. Kinda hard to explain.

is there a shoe gaze scale?

gated snares yeah but also the barebones snare fill itself

not exactly a scale, and most shoegaze is just effect driven twee pop played with dreamier jazz chords i play a lot of maj7, 2, and 4 chords

in addition to this, a lot of shoegaze guitarists playing open chords, meaning they play open strings with high fretted notes so you could experiment with chords spanning several octaves

Dear Eloise - Uncontrollable, Ice Age Stories
>Shoegaze, Noise Pop, Like Surf Rock with Psychocandy-esque noise in the background.

mega.nz/#!mBoATaZI!iceBsLfqdclKsIzKKJhLwQjPBeCfIoyiUIQHCsCDRZg

youtu.be/IuR_Lwc5pNU

I'm digging this man really like the JaMC vibe

Fucking love these guys and Kinoko Teikoku

favorite Japanese shoegaze?

noted

You already posted it

pic related nigga

I know that feel user. And yes... It really doesn't work out.

wikihow.com/Be-a-Shoegazer

do you guys think this will be enough to become a shoegaze pop super star??? I'm tryna go platnium with my debut.

Noone else does sweet trip as well as sweet trip. For dreamy non-shoegaze glitch, listen to Aoki Takamasa and Tujiko Noriko - 28.

And, of course, make sure you listen to Sweet Trip's other stuff. Especially You Will Never Know Why , and the standalone track, Noise is a Social Skill.

He does like it I think. Are you basing this off of the one reddit post he responded to?

idk I think the Depreciation Guild does do Sweet Trip as well as Sweet Trip

i don't think any shoegaze pop superstars exist

Silversun Pickups had a hit once, and they're considered shoegaze by some.

That's about it as far as modern bands

that's where I come in lol.

anything with a depeche mode feel?

I heard this great band a few days ago, it sounds a little bit like Depeche Mode, it's called "Depeche Mode." I think you'll enjoy it, I'm sure it's exactly what you're looking for.

that's not shoegaze

No, but it's what you wanted.

I want shoegaze

What

Barlow- Fell Asleep is shoegaze AOTD

This shit right here nigga

what's this?

Not even the best barlow

I've listened pretty much every album and EP from this band, and it's glorious, they might just be my favorite band right now. So what other bands should I check? I also like Slowdive and I have listened the shoegaze meme bands that get usually posted (Candy Claws, MBV, Sweet Trip)

my favorites from other genres are Swans and GY!BE, if that's relevant.

hey pals im kinda drunk and im listening to beach house pic realted

what's better
i'm considering just listening to broadcast or autolux instead but i like talking to you guys so it would be cool if you had recs or something that i could listen to instead.

fucking dang

whats some good 2016 stuff /shugazi/?

ive only got pinkshinyultrablast's new album so far

Japanese Breakfast's Psychopomp
No Joy's Drool Sucker
Lush's Blind Spot
Sound of Ceres (aka Candy Claws)' Nostalgia for Infinity
LSD and the Search for God's Heaven is a Place
Purple Pilgrims' Eternal Delight

yeah that's all i can come up with

I'm not sure what it is about them but this my favourite shoegaze album, it was previously loveless and susurrate but this just eclipses them

youtube.com/watch?v=e0t6mI8vnzY

Shugazi.
Help me. I was listening to a shoegaze station on Spotify and now I like Beach House.
I HAVE AN IMAGE TO MAINTAIN WHAT DO I DO?

>>>???

I feel this pain, I love Beach House but they are gay as fuck

Everyone I know who listens to Beach House went to art school and has pastel hair.
I haven't worn anything but plaid, flannel, and denim for 8 years and I work in a metal shop.

The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls with Sand

agreed

u should know already though

I don't know any one who's into Beach House.

i wanna say this has been posted before, but im still waiting for the day that some mutants form a fugazi shoegaze cover band

Try Medicine

youtube.com/watch?v=-RUCbvONYCI

So what good came out this year? What is your favourite
The list of stuff that came out this year I have right now is:
No Joy- Drool sucker
LSD and the search for god- Heaven is a place
Alcest- Kodama
Lush- Blind Spot
Pinkshinyultrablast- Grandfeathered
Turnip King- Laika
Rei Clone- Wet
Lazy Legs- Visiondeath
Fait- Sonder
Nothing- Tired of Tomorrow
Savage Sister- True Kindness

Japanese Stuff:
The Florist- Blood Music
Citrus Nowhere- A nightmare before she sleep

My favourite album so far is True Kindness by Savage Sister. Anything I missed from this year so far worth checking out?

It hurts so much every time people mention 2016 shoegaze and skip this.

A Place To Bury Strangers

man im tired as shit

Name?

Sound of Ceres - Nostalgia for Infinity

Listening to Swervedriver at work right now.

You guys like em?

post more undiscovered 90s shoegaze

Try graduating high school

Anymore like Wild Nothing, The Radio Dept, Horsebeach? Need some recs

youtube.com/watch?v=BuDhLCLPoc4&t=742s

Update 1:

still on the quest to become a shoe gaze pop super star

will keep yall updated.

why dont we put this pasta for the 2016s releases in the OP?
I mean,it would be easier to look for them and there wouldnt be so many questions.

Anyone got a download for the new true widow album?
Came out a few weeks ago and I haven't seen anything yet

>but they are gay as fuck
you're in the shugazi general

Why do I keep seeings Anons say that Ride isn't really shoegaze?

They only have one proper shoegaze release, which is your pic related.

Luminous Orange - Drop You Vivid Colors

You really like this album heh? Been sharing it for a while. Do you have a favourite track?

Hello guys,

I know I'm pleb as fuck but I really like Deafheaven and I've been trying to find more bands like them.

I've liked Lantlos and Sannhet from exploring related artists. Any recommendations please?

Thanks in advance

my bad guys i didn't see this post

but if you have any specific recs i would love it