Recommend music to someone who thinks he doesn't like music

My friend (kind of) has assburgers and thinks music is for normal minds and not for him. I convinced him to listen to a playlist and some albums that I will put together to change his mind.

What should I include?

Recommend some music for a 19 year old guy with aspergers, almost no friends, who is really into programming and thinks he's better than other people and feels very isolated.

I'm thinking Radiohead, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, Mac DeMarco that he could easily appreciate without having listened to music at all, almost.

Suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pb8BiQR9RTI
itunes.apple.com/album/id1153131654?ls=1&app=itunes
youtube.com/watch?v=7hxnCXuTo4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tool

lol, the funny thing is that real music is literally made specifically for aspies

But why?

Yeah, but he doesn't believe that. He thinks it's for lesser minds or some shit.

do you have any examples?

Try some mostly instrumental and less dancey music.
Minimalism, post-rock, dub techno, ambient, drone... bounce some of those off him. See if anything sticks and lead him down the path that piques his interest best.

Could you recommend some artist or album? I don't listen to those genres much.

Steve Reich, Labradford, Demdike Stare, Biosphere (specifically the Substrata album), and early Emeralds, respectively

Thank you, I'll check those out.

The residents

What the hell you just described me. I'm being enlisted as a soldier soon, wish me luck :').

Say Anything - Is A Real Boy

Daniel Johnston is a must for special minds.

Aphex Twin

youtu.be/pb8BiQR9RTI

itunes.apple.com/album/id1153131654?ls=1&app=itunes
This was written by someone who clearly thinks they are better than all others...

the coil discography (like, all the dozens of albums, not just the famous ones) and suicidal depressive black metal

thats about as autistic as it gets.

Give him some repetitive normie music (preferrably DnB) and tell him, that it's full of nuances that hide behind the veil of the repetitiveness.

One of my friends, prob an aspie, is for some reason fascinated with the soundcloud edm scene and can name a producer just by the tone of the synth. Still can't understand, why he goes crazy for it, it's not like he's a club person, he listens to it by himself.

Alternatively, go into the fringe nerd genres, and wow him with how much notes Tosin can churn out in 3 seconds, or how weird the new Petrucci's progression is

is it really that hard to believe someone that someone doesn't like music?

Alva Noto

Yes?

sometimes silence is the best type of music

Show him this
youtube.com/watch?v=7hxnCXuTo4w
If he's a genuine aspie, he'll like it. Autechre would probably work too. Anything super technical should probably do the trick.

yes because liking music is an evolutionary trait that's literally hardcoded into our DNA

>Still can't understand, why he goes crazy for it, it's not like he's a club person, he listens to it by himself.
:( this is me but only because there is no scene in my country for the dance music i like

Start a club night then. Sounds like an opportunity to me.